Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting the thread for folks who had RYN and who would like to lose 100 or more pounds. Jump on in :)

Me, Me, Me! Jumping in feet first!

I started out at 283 and had 125 pounds to lose to get to goal. I now have 67 pounds to lose, but am staying on the 100+ thread here...My husband keeps telling me now I'm getting to skinny. He is threatening to start Lasagna Injections when I weigh 199 lbs...LOL I think not. I told him I won't lose my curves...he doesn't want me a stick...I just hit my 50 pound loss milestone this weekend. My birthday is tomorrow - Happy Birthday to me! The best present I could ever give myself...my health!!! :wub:

Happy Birthday to you! I'm glad you jumped in. I'm currently at 255.9 per my visit yesterday. When I had my band put in I was at 277 so I've kept 22 off...big whoop-de-do when I think of where I was before things went foo-bar. Anywho...I'm nervous and excited but, I want to be back on the losing side. So I'm here for you and so glad you joined in.

Who knows...may be just you and I for a while by the look of the activity in here LOL. I hope it gets busier.

Hey girl...had a crazy couple of days (work) and haven't been on. Yea it may be u and I for a while, but that's okay :-)..hope others will decide to join and participate too!

I was 231.2 this moring...so am down 52 pounds...Seems I'm a 2-3 pound a week girl, and I think that is good progress. I do have to start exercising - I haven't done that yet. For a while it was because of my slow healing, now I have to find some motivation.

I have collar bones again :-)...my husband told me last night I have bony shoulders. I giggled - lol

How's everything with you? I saw where you posted some updates on another thread, but for some reason that thread I can't read (the texts are jumbled.)

Good Morning Florida friend! Wahooo 52, awesome job! Did you have a good birthday? It's nice that your hubby is being supportive. Bony shoulders....lol...guys are funny sometimes. My husband is very supportive, he was with the lapband too. When I told him, after dieting YET AGAIN this past year, that I'm really considering the gastric bypass, he said it was totally my decision and he'd support me no matter what I wanted to do.

He's going to go to the informational meeting with me next week. Ummm we went this week but, it was the wrong date. HAHAHA he was even supportive with that. I dragged him into Boston and we were waiting when I looked at the meeting paper the nurse gave me and I noticed the date was 27 not 20 UGH. When she handed it to me she had said the meeting with "this week" but, that was for the support group not information group that I need to attend. HA!

So I'm doing ok with the thought process of it all, doing more research, popping around the internet and talking to folks I know had it done. As scared as I am about all that cutting and re-routing, I know it's what I want to do. Some folks have had a hard time and I don't take that lightly but, many have done wonderful with it and I'm staying positive and know that I will do my best to stick to the rules and instructions they give me. I just pray it works for me. I'm not looking for "skinny" I'm looking for comfortable in my own skin...I want my outside to look like how I feel on the inside!

So Ultrasound for me this coming Tuesday and info meeting this Thursday. Then I have one online info session to go through which I may do today since the guys will be out and about and I'll be home alone anyway, then all my obligations for the process will be done. No idea how long it takes to get a surgery date. I do have a vacation planned in December to Disney so hubby and I can see the Christmas set-up there but, we may have to cancel it if I get a surgery date before that and the healing is too close. I don't want to fly while still healing - I don't think that would be good. Just have to play it by ear. (Eww I hate that saying. hahaha)

I saw your recipe - the first one in the recipe catagory...Yeah! We'll get more up there as we go along. I do hope others join us soon too. The more the merrier as long as folks stay supportive. I know sometimes LBT got nasty but, I generally stayed away from that type of thing and enjoyed one particular group I got close too. Still Facebook with many of them :)

Hope you're having a great start to your weekend. I have chicken and ingredients in the crock-pot already for chicken and dumplings for dinner. Love my crock-pots...yeap I have several in different sizes LOL

I have a really good recipe (WLS Friendly) for a Cheesburger Stew...CROCKPOT :-) I"ll find it and post it today so you can try it...it is delicious!

My husband is actually banded as well...so he is very supportive of me. He hasn't had any problems (so far) with his band, but then again he has gained back about 60 pounds (was down 130 pounds). He has 10cc in a 14cc band We are going to my next appointment together to also talk about his band and possibly get him a fill - he has ZERO restriction being 3/4 filled. I'm worried he's had a slip or something. I want him to get an upper GI done to make sure all is well. Right now he is still worried and concentrating on me.

I loved LBT as well...I posted activally on there as well, I was Leslie2Lose there. I'm on another WLS website, but it is very clicky and the "vets" can get very loud almost to the point of being rude. SOmetimes I don't get a postive vibe there, so I haven't been active lately. I did learn a lot on there, with research and all...can't tell you how many UTube videos I watched either of people sharing their stories.

If you have any questions, please ask - will be happy to share my short term knowledge :-)

That's great that your hubby is so supportive! It truly is nice to have your best friend helping you along, that I know. My husband isn't banded nor has he had WLS but, he does need to lose weight and when I'm ON he's ON, if you know what I mean. He does better managing his eating when I'm managing mine. When I got my lapband he actually lost about 30 pounds just eating less because instead of two steaks, we cooked one with me taking a piece so he was eating less. Worked!

Now you know for sure....to make sure your husband gets that upper GI. I should have demanded mine sooner than I did. I never should have actually had the revision surgery but, of course back then no one told me that so many bandsters that had to have revision ended up losing it in the end. Oh wellsky!

Are you talking about the OTHER lapband group that formed after so much trouble was on the LBTTalk website or the Obesity dot com one? I don't care for the format on OB at all...they don't have catagories like this one. I think Alex and his crew (assuming he has one) have done an awesome job organizing these sites for sure. It's makes it easier to navigate. I do hope more will come but, it's fun chatting with you :) I can't remember my name on the LBT site it's been a while since I've been there. I was a moderator there but, mainly I answered any of the "new" posts because I never did learn how to put strikes on a members account or block them. Working full time plus made that hard but, I felt I was contributing by helping the newbies with their questions and welcoming them :)

I truly appreciate your offer to help with questions. I'll be taking you up on that for sure!

When is your next appointment?

I was supposed to go back toeay for my three month surgiversary follow-up appointment. However, I've had a crazy work week and haven't had time to do anything (HAVE to get to the post office - believe I owe a friend a box of clothes:-))...I will say I'm SO excited...

Down 55 pounds

Measurements: Waist: 51" to 36", Chest 50.5" to 45", Hips 54" to 48", Thigh 32" to 26", Arms 18" to 16" = 27.5" total lost since surgery :-)

So, how are you? Everything going okay?

Wahoooo Leslie that's FANTASTIC girl! You're getting me all giddy and excited to start my journey too LOL Those are some amazing inches and pounds gone for good! I hear ya on the busy crapola with work. I have to make it to the post office too to mail off a package. I've had it here ready to go but, haven't gotten there. Hoping to make it this weekend or see if my son can take it for me.

55 pounds in 3 months...amazing! Be proud girl because you've done fantastic! So glad you came back and posted. I've missed ya :)

3 weeks ago on the day of surgery i weighed 255. today, 21 days later i weigh 224! 31lbs down in 3 weeks!! i have a total of 115lbs to loose. i wana be 140. HOWEVER i would be happy at 150-160. so i have 94lbs left to loose.

I'm a little nervous, I weigh 349 pounds. My dream is to get to 225. My surgery is at the end of June. Most in importantly I want to get my health back in order. I've got type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure. I've been told this will go away. Hope it's true.

ok i know this is the 100+ weight loss goal thread but i'm a 200+ goal weight loss

i havent had the surgery I've just been reading the stories to know what im in for if i get the surgery from the people who've had it. so all though im only 20 and weigh 400 pounds iwould like to know how it felt when they put you under

was it like sleeping or did it feel like time went by in a flash

and if you ladies have had any shoe size changes widht or size

getting put to sleep is easy. they give u something to make u feel drunk first lol. u wont even remember it. i dont remember goin to sleep. i just remember waking up.

my shoe size hasnt changed. but my feet r deff skinnier lol.

rny 4/6/12 <br />hw 255/cw 211/ gw 140

HI Everyone...glad to see folks popping in :) Liz I haven't had my surgery yet but, I did have the lapband for 4 years and as you lose weight you do lose it in your feet as well. I know for me a lot of the swelling that I used to have in my feet because of excess Water weight went away pretty quickly. I had to use wide sizes but, then I was able to wear regular shoes.