Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Albany, New York....?

Hi Everyone...

I am starting to get everything I need for post-op and I am stuck on the Vitamins,

so I am hoping you can offer some advice.

Must they be chewable or liquid ? The B-12 and Vit D I take now are very small so I thought I could continue with them..But the multi w/iron and calcium citrate are horse pills ! Besides the chewable kin- I see they make "petites" (both CVS brand and Citrical) ..would they be good??? I have gone to the store at least 5 times, stood in the Vitamin aisle for an hour each time and left empty handed..so any advice would be appreciated ! Thanks !!

My dietician said that the large Calcium citrate pills wouldn't digest anyway (I had RNY) so the chewable Calcium carbonate and elemental calcium (like Viactiv) were better than nothing. I use a sublingual B12 that dissolves. My Vit D is in my chewable calcium. My daily Vitamins are: 2 chewable kids CVS multi; 2 calcium and D chews; 1 sublingual B12. I get everything at CVS when they have their BOGO sale.

WHERE THE HECK IS KYLE?

Dear BrickHouse,

Thanks for the advice!! ...CVS has that sale going on now, so I will go stock up this week.

I was wondering the same thing ..where is Kyle??

MEETING NEWS! I have enrolled to become a certified support group leader in August! Our first meeting is tentatively scheduled for:

Saturday, July 12

10:15-11:15 am

East Greenbush Community Library

Meeting Room A

I have created a Facebook group for participants and that will be where the majority of planning, discussing, etc. will take place. As things move along, I expect the FB group to grow and attract more people. I will share the link as soon as I have more information.

I will have more information, as well as a flyer, in the very near future!

First Meeting Flyer

Our FB Group Header

Hi Everyone! Hope everyone is doing well...

I have a few questions. I recently got cleared and got a surgery date in July. If they gave me a date, can be positive that is the day I will actually have surgery and it not change? Because I'm making sure my spouse will have time off to help me and for my mom to be with the kids. This is the date the office gave me and I still have one more appointment with Trivedi, the "final" one.

Also, I have been losing weight, doing well during the week, keeping track on myfitnesspal...but on weekends I still am eating some junk, almost like my "last" time. I know its probably better I don't but is there anything else I should know while I have about 1.5months till my surgery? I already started doing the Water thing (drinking only 30mins after and trying to get in 64oz).

So basically, what else can I do with this time to make things easier after? I still haven't started working out (I really need to find time within the kids' schedule) so I know I can do that. Anything else?

THANKS!

I think you can be pretty certain that your date won't change. And I think most of us experience the "food funeral" mindset! Just be conscious of it and know that you're changing your habits. As far as making things easier after, you're doing lots of those things already. Having some help right after is important. Walking is the best thing for now and for immediately after. It will keep things moving, so to speak, and also help with post-op gas. Not gastrointestinal gas, but the gas they inflate your abdomen with. Drinking more Water is great as well as eating more healthy foods in advance. If you don't have a blender or bullet-type processor yet, they are super-helpful for the puree stage. I just got a NutriBullet and I love it. I'm 5 months out.

Welcome!

Hi Everyone! Hope everyone is doing well...

I have a few questions. I recently got cleared and got a surgery date in July. If they gave me a date, can be positive that is the day I will actually have surgery and it not change? Because I'm making sure my spouse will have time off to help me and for my mom to be with the kids. This is the date the office gave me and I still have one more appointment with Trivedi, the "final" one.

Also, I have been losing weight, doing well during the week, keeping track on myfitnesspal...but on weekends I still am eating some junk, almost like my "last" time. I know its probably better I don't but is there anything else I should know while I have about 1.5months till my surgery? I already started doing the water thing (drinking only 30mins after and trying to get in 64oz).

So basically, what else can I do with this time to make things easier after? I still haven't started working out (I really need to find time within the kids' schedule) so I know I can do that. Anything else?

THANKS!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BariatricPal/

This is the link to the FB group for the local chapter support group.

Edited by BrickHouse

That link doesn't work for me...

Now I'm getting a little worried about starting a new job 2 weeks later...but I don't want to delay my surgery. I guess I'll see how I feel afterwards...so much change all at once :-\

That link doesn't work for me...

Now I'm getting a little worried about starting a new job 2 weeks later...but I don't want to delay my surgery. I guess I'll see how I feel afterwards...so much change all at once :-\

Sorry the link doesn't work. I think it's because it's a closed group. If you (or anyone here) wants in, look for the FB group called BariatricPal Rensselaer/Albany. (ETA: I changed the settings to the group - the link now works.)

So long as you can take it easy, physically, you may be okay after two weeks. But you will still not be able to lift, push, pull, etc. You're gonna want to be able to get up and walk periodically, too.

Edited by BrickHouse

OK, so I haven't posted a lot of stuff on here. I have been going through the processes for 2 years. Yes that means 2 years with Dr. Lemanski Haha. I originally started looking into gastric bypass because I was feeling awful all the time & all the Dr could tell me was to lose weight. Easier said then done. 2 years later they have actually found 2 rare genetic conditions & a reproductive issue. The short version is that this is no longer something I could change my mind about. They are doing a gastric sleeve to preserve my GI functions & a hysterectomy at the same time. I'm facing surgery in a few weeks once they get a separate bleeding issue treated. I'm wondering what advice any of you can offer to prepare?

oh my lord, two years of Dr. Lemanski? You poor thing! In order to prepare, my advice is to read everything you can get your hands on. I learned a TON from the forums here on this site from people who were walking the walk. People say not ti invest a lot of time in trying different Protein Shakes before surgery because your tastes change... I didn't experience that. I liked the sames ones before surgery as I do now. Start drinking Water. Add some calorie-free flavor (Crystal Lite, Mio, etc.) if you need to, but get yourself hydrated.

Yeah, Dr. Trivedi's said he had to respect me for not giving up :-). I ordered a variety pack of the Syntrax? Brand? (Spelling) I have started weaning myself off caffeine too. Trying to make myself get all the Fluid. This is the hardest thing I have ever done.

I had a long journey, too - see my signature - and Dr. T was by my side the whole time. He's a good doctor and a really nice guy. I like Syntrax, but it's expensive. I've used Body Fortress chocolate and vanilla from Walmart - $15.88 for 2 lbs. I've also used Fit Frappe that I get at Netrition.com. They are located in Albany, so I go pick my order up instead of having it shipped. They have lots of bariatric-friendly things. It's not a store, though. Just a warehouse.

I agree, getting all the hydration is tough. Even post-op. I used to drink about 100 oz of Water a day and now, post-op, I don't like it as much unless I flavor it.

That helps a lot. Thank you! What Multivitamin do you use? I'm having trouble finding the sublingual B Vitamin. Sorry for all the questions. Just didn't realize how much I still need to do