Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Albany, New York....?

No ..even though I do not have any issues (band slip, erosion etc) my dr (Dr. SIngh ) makes you wait 5-6 weeks to give the stomach time to heal and get back to a semi-normal shape.

<Tap, tap tap> Is this thing on??? LOL - It's quiet in here... here... here... Well, after an almost three year hiatus, I went back to work this week. I am working downtown on Elk Street from 9-2 and I love it. It was a great week. I walked the concourse a lot and dropped another three pounds this week, bringing my total to 60 pounds since surgery! A couple weeks ago, I saw a courtesy post on a local dog adoption site about a blind pit bull and I fell in love. I couldn't stop thinking about her. My daughter and I went to meet her yesterday and she is amazing. She was born without eyes so she's never known sight. She has no idea that she's different. Things are looking good for us and I hope to bring her home to be with us within the next couple of weeks. There's a process, especially with a blind dog, and we're using the help of an animal behaviorist/trainer.

What is the status with the adoption of this pup brick? Hoping all is well!

Hello Albany members..Even though I have been lurking on this site for a few months, this is my first post. Just wanted to introduce myself. My lap-band will be removed on 4/14 and my sleeve will be done on 5/19. This has been quite the whirlwind for me. I had my band placed in Oct 2008 and lost 45 pounds during the first year . I have been able to maintain the weight loss mainly because the band made me bulimic - unless I ate slider foods. I did not go for a follow-up almost 2 years because I knew I was not on track or following the program. I also had multiple ankle surgeries over 2011 & 2012 which put my band on the back burner) So in Jan 2014 I decided to go for a follow up just to make sure the band was not slipped etc.I had no issues other than the ability to eat anything of substance. That was 1/30 and two months later I am scheduled for band /sleeve revision. I had no intention of doing this sleeve when I went to see my dr ..I really did not even know what it was. But after a lot of research I have decided this was the path for me. I decided to stop lurking in the shadows because I wanted to thank everyone for posting their stories and taking the time to answer everyone's questions. This forum was an incredible resource for me !!

Hey Diva, welcome officially to the forum :-) So glad you made the decision to move forward with the revision. Doctor Singh did my sleeve 6 months ago, October 7, 2013. I have since switched to doctor Benetti. Since the sleeve I am officially down over 120 pounds, and that was six months ago. I did have one complication and I had to go in for surgery, but no regrets what so ever. As you can see, ppl on the local forum have had great success. We here in the capital district area have some kick a$$ doctors! I am going to be going to the Monday support groups at 25 Hackett starting Monday, they are during the day. I was attending the evening ones they have every Thursday, but I have decided to switch due to the only little 'click' they have. I heard Mondays are very different. Maybe you can make it. It's truly the greatest decision I have ever made and no regrets what so ever and I've met some amazing people along the way. I recently got the meet Jules, aka the new sleeved Julie from the forum when I had to go in for revision on March 18th, it was so great meeting her in person and we really hit it off. Weve been support and friends outside of this forum which was expected but has been a great experience. And even though Cherrie from the forum in a couple hours away we have really clicked to. It's been a great experience and I say take advantage of the forums and groups and really get involved. You need all the support you can get! Anyone that's had the surgery and knows two plus two will tell you to take advantage of the support. Wishing you the best and looking for your updates :-)

No ..even though I do not have any issues (band slip, erosion etc) my dr (Dr. SIngh ) makes you wait 5-6 weeks to give the stomach time to heal and get back to a semi-normal shape.

Yeah some doctors will do it, but for assurance and safety Singh removes and then go back in 8-8 weeks after. He's a great doctor, I just very much didn't agree with his bed side manner following the sleeve so I switched to Bennetti, plus Bennetti is super hot. Lmao. Didn't hear it from me! Lol

Olah everyone!

Sorry I've abandoned the forum since my revision on March 18th, but things have been hectic and have finally settled down a bit, and in feeling a lot better. I've been up and getting out and walking and keeping up best I can with liquids. In the start I needed a push, and Julie gave me a quick swift in the rear so I had to get onto it and drink, which of course I did. She looks innocent, but when she threatens to hunt you down and put you six feet under if you don't get in your 64 oz of fluids, it's scary as hell. Lmao. Jk. Anyways, feeling better and making progress and pretty much feeling better and better each day and it feels good to be finally walking around and getting up for a couple hours a day. Should be back to normal in another two weeks or so. Wishing everyone the best!

Brick: Looking awesome keep it up! Also, what's going on with the pup? End up adopting?

Julie: Your looking amazing keep up the good work and thanks for the visiting in the hospital and for your support and being there! That visit ment a lot to me, even though I was doped up like no tomorrow! I appreciate the on going support we give each other!!!

Cherrie:Thanks for all the worries and thoughts and being there durning the revision, even though your 3 hours away, your texts and thoughtfulness was oh so sweet! I'm so glad you had your official first appointment and trust me, these next few months will fly by!!

Everyone else: Keep up the good work, know the preop worrying is totally normal and if you weren't then I don't think that would be normal! Lol. It gets easier. It truly does. Just keep a positive attitude and know there is great support systems out there! Looking forward to everyone's future post and updates! :-)

Yeah some doctors will do it, but for assurance and safety Singh removes and then go back in 8-8 weeks after. He's a great doctor, I just very much didn't agree with his bed side manner following the sleeve so I switched to Bennetti, plus Bennetti is super hot. Lmao. Didn't hear it from me! Lol

Ment 5-8 weeks, my apologies for the typo.

I walked a ton of extra steps and ate less and better last week... And only lost half a pound! Grrrr! But two new pairs of jeans in another size smaller say I am still shrinking.

The dog adoption is happening April 19! We're so excited to be bringing her home!

I walked a ton of extra steps and ate less and better last week... And only lost half a pound! Grrrr! But two new pairs of jeans in another size smaller say I am still shrinking. The dog adoption is happening April 19! We're so excited to be bringing her home!

That's both great news brick! I bet you and the family are excited!!! Sounds so exciting! Hopefully pictures are to come :-)

Hello...Nice to finally meet you ...Since you have (had) the same Dr and the same surgery- I read just about every one of your postings and I feel like I sort of know you.

( sorry if that sounds creepy & stalker-like but I don't personally know anyone who has the sleeve - so I picked you to be my guide & it was soooo helpful !!)

I was kind of freaking out when you were going thru your revision because that was right when I was making my final decision & even thou you hear all kind of stories - since we shared the same Dr - it was hitting close to home for me. I am really glad everything turned out good for you despite the complications !!! I am surprised to hear you switched drs..Did Singh do your revision or did your new Dr .. If it is not being too invasive .can you elaborate a little more on why ??

Hey Diva!

Not creepy at all, I myself was a little bit if a stalker of the site before I started getting into it and posting. Doctor Singh did my original surgery, and following the hospital stay I switched to Dr. Benetti who is right in the same practice. Doctor Benetti did my revision. Albany Medical center is now suturing the stomach to tissue when they do the sleeve to prevent anything like what happened to me happening to other people in the future, which is really rare! At least, I have been told they are now doing this and started to a month or so after I had mine. I really look forward to your updates, as I'm sure everyone else does because all post, especially local really help us out whether we are just lurking or posting. I truthfully went through hell with my revision, but under no circumstance do I have ANY regrets what so ever. I have never felt better, down over 120 pounds since date of surgery! I'm glad you have finally come out of lurking and decided to post and introduce yourself :-) Do you go to the support groups at all?

Hey Diva!

Not creepy at all, I myself was a little bit if a stalker of the site before I started getting into it and posting. Doctor Singh did my original surgery, and following the hospital stay I switched to Dr. Benetti who is right in the same practice. Doctor Benetti did my revision. Albany Medical center is now suturing the stomach to tissue when they do the sleeve to prevent anything like what happened to me happening to other people in the future, which is really rare! At least, I have been told they are now doing this and started to a month or so after I had mine. I really look forward to your updates, as I'm sure everyone else does because all post, especially local really help us out whether we are just lurking or posting. I truthfully went through hell with my revision, but under no circumstance do I have ANY regrets what so ever. I have never felt better, down over 120 pounds since date of surgery! I'm glad you have finally come out of lurking and decided to post and introduce yourself :-) Do you go to the support groups at all?

I have not gone to any support groups this time around (I did in 2008 with my lap band). I live about 50 minutes from Albany Med and work full time (M-F) so it is hard to make them ...but I want to try to go to some! My work schedule is a little flexible..so I am going to try to make it .I think it will be a tremendous help- esp after surgery. I have my band removal pre-op appts on Thursday so I am def. going to ask about the stomach/tissue suturing ..I am all for anything to reduce risk of complications

Kyle u bad boy! LOL :-)

So May 1st will b my 2nd visit and I had to cut down on soda intake CHECK went from 3 to 5 a week to like 3 since March 27th when I really crave 1 I grab a Sparkling Ice

post-205494-0-21884300-1397086482_thumb.png

Love these!!

Next goal increase liquid intake HALF CHECK I'm not at 64 ounces but I do drink more than I used to.

Also try to do chair exercises HALF CHECK I forget to do them oops!

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Been going through the process for a really long time but it is starting to look like I may get a date soon. Who here has had Dr. Trivedi? Does anyone know if he will do a hysterectomy at the same time as a sleeve?