Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Albany, New York....?

That helps a lot. Thank you! What Multivitamin do you use? I'm having trouble finding the sublingual B Vitamin. Sorry for all the questions. Just didn't realize how much I still need to do

Are you in Albany? If so the Pharmacist at Hannaford can order you a bottle of the B12 sub's. I can't remember how much they are but it was under $10.

Personally I don't take any Vitamins. My blood work has come back normal. It's not that I don't want to take them, I just forget them so often that I gave up.

CVS has their own sublingual B12s. I get them when they have their bogo 50% sales. As for multi, I take 2 kids chewables a day.

Thanks to everyone for the Vitamin advice. I live in Averill Park, having my surgery at St. Peter's w/ Dr. Trivedi. It's really comforting to see so many people on here have good experiences with him. An update on my surgery. I got a call from Hematology that they are finally clearing me and I got confirmation that I am good to go for having my sleeve and hysterectomy at the same time. Both surgeons are on board and they are just trying to coordinate a day. The suspense is killing me! hahaha This has been such a long journey I'm just looking forward to getting it done and getting on the road to Healthyville! Has anyone else in this group had multiple procedures? If so, how was the recovery?

Finally got a surgery date! Yay!!! I'm July 23rd!

Just a reminder that our local chapter will be meeting on July 12 at the East Greenbush Library! Please help spread the word! We will start at 10:15 am with a meet and greet and talk about where we are in our weight loss adventure. Our meetings will include clothing swaps, guest speakers, grocery store outings and MUCH MORE!!! Join us at tiny.cc/bariatricpalgroup on FB! Our group is a closed group, meaning it's private and can be seen only by group members, since many people have not shared their WLS status publicly.

First Meeting Flyer

When I had my surgery back in December, I'd just applied for an admin job in my bariatric surgeon's office at St. Peter's. The timing wasn't good and they had already made an offer to someone else. I had my six month checkup this week and that "someone else" has moved on... guess who got an on-the-spot interview? I received a phone call a couple hours later and should be getting my formal offer on Monday! I'm so excited to be working so closely with bariatric professionals! It can only help my Quest to pay it forward and help others as I've been helped!

I got a call at the end of Friday's business day from Ellis Bariatric, rescheduling my RNY from 7/1 to 7/7. I have a very busy work schedule, and this date was set a month ago. I cleared my calender, made plans, prepared foods.... I am LIVID! Turns out that they really couldn't care less about the patients, and do not accommodate.

I have requested a reassignment to any other surgeon who can stick to the 7/1 date. So far no answer. I am so mad, that I am considering asking to be referred to another Bariatric center (AMC, St. Peter's) Honestly, I no longer care who does it. I just need it done, so that I can go on with my life on August 8th, as planned.

Any advice for moving from office to office? Will they literally force me to start the process all over again? I already have insurance approval, lost the pre-op weight, and got medical clearance from my PCP.

Gosh, I'm furious.

I understand how frustrating it can be. I have to have multiple procedures done at once so they (St Peter's) had to coordinate the schedules for multiple surgeons. It took them months to finally get a day & of course it's going to be during the family vacation we've planned all year. My kids will be going with their grandparents instead of me & I will be here in surgery. I've been at this for actual years so I'm not giving up now. I've moved to a space of acceptance that this is what it will be. You can try to fight it but you might end up waiting even longer.

Do you know if there is anything closer to the Saratoga area? I really am looking for someone who can answer all of the many questions I have and see what others have done,

Just a reminder that our local chapter will be meeting on July 12 at the East Greenbush Library! Please help spread the word! We will start at 10:15 am with a meet and greet and talk about where we are in our weight loss adventure. Our meetings will include clothing swaps, guest speakers, grocery store outings and MUCH MORE!!! Join us at tiny.cc/bariatricpalgroup on FB! Our group is a closed group, meaning it's private and can be seen only by group members, since many people have not shared their WLS status publicly.

Oh I wish I could make this, my surgery is 7/15 and my daughter's birthday party is on the 12th. I hope to join afterwards, didn't know there was a local group meet up :) I know closed groups on FB are not accessible to others but I thought you could still see who's in the group (or maybe I'm wrong?).

Here is a link explaining FB group privacy...sounds like closed groups ARE visible to public (except for posts). Secret is totally not seen by public. Can the group be changed?

Oh I wish I could make this, my surgery is 7/15 and my daughter's birthday party is on the 12th. I hope to join afterwards, didn't know there was a local group meet up :) I know closed groups on FB are not accessible to others but I thought you could still see who's in the group (or maybe I'm wrong?).

Yes, people can see who is in the group, but ca't read the posts. I've thought of changing the status to SECRET for this reason.

Yes, people can see who is in the group, but ca't read the posts. I've thought of changing the status to SECRET for this reason.

I'll join if it's secret lol...too many FB friend/acquaintances that I don't feel like sharing with yet...I'm still pre-op. Maybe at some point I'll be more open about it but not yet.

I'll join if it's secret lol...too many FB friend/acquaintances that I don't feel like sharing with yet...I'm still pre-op. Maybe at some point I'll be more open about it but not yet.

Well, I thought about it and I even changed the group to SECRET momentarily. Then I realized that the business cards I had printed have a link to the group for those who would like to join. A secret group wouldn't be accessible to anyone not sent an invitation, and I wanted people to be able to find us.