Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pennsylvania sleevers?

Not bad! I'm deff sick if Protein shakes already though. Can't stand them. Still a little sore at the main incision site but only if I really laugh or try and lay on my right side. Which sucks since I'm a side/belly sleeper. lol.

Not sure how much if any I have lost post op and I'm not gonna check till I go for my two week at the Dr office. My plan is to not look at the scale unless I'm there. Hopefully I can stick to that.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I drink Protein Shakes everyday now, and have for the past two years so I am hoping my love for them does not change post op. I am scheduled for surgery 10/10/16.

I feel the same as you about the scale. I have been ruled by it my entire adult life. Once I have surgery, I am going to give to my sister so it is out of my place. I belong to a group on FB and so many people are obsessed with the scale. The minute they don't see it move they talk about how much they regret their sleeve. I actuLly feel bad that they are so focuses on that number.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

My reasons for no scale is I didn't do this for a specific number I did this to be healthy for my boys, and my self. I don't care what my end weight is as long as I'm healthier then than I am now. And now I'm healthier than I was, so I'll keep looking at it that way. I'm gonna focus on eating "drinking right now" right and getting back into shape. The number will take care of itself.

Blue Bell, Philly suburb

Hi! I am from Lehigh Valley, PA.

37/F

Do you have a surgery date yet?

I'm also from the Lehigh Valley. Which doctor are you working with??

Dr. Boorse from LVPG Bariatric Surgery. My program was thru LVHN Weight Management

Blue Bell, Philly suburb

Hi! I am from Lehigh Valley, PA.

37/F

Do you have a surgery date yet?

I'm also from the Lehigh Valley. Which doctor are you working with??

Dr. Boorse from LVPG Bariatric Surgery. My program was thru LVHN Weight Management

I keep hearing about Doctor Boorse. I went with Dr. Rovito in Allentown

Close to Harrisburg PA. Survey date 11/21. Getting ready to start liquid two week pre op diet Sunday. On a business trip so my poor fellow co workers get me for the first four days! They r great though and very supportive.

Close to Harrisburg PA. Survey date 11/21. Getting ready to start liquid two week pre op diet Sunday. On a business trip so my poor fellow co workers get me for the first four days! They r great though and very supportive.

We are neighbors I'm from York pa preop diet starts on the 8th and surgery in the 22. Where are u having ur surgery I'm having mine at Holy Spirit hospital in camp hill.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches