Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 100 Mile Challange!

Got in 30 mins on the weight machines. I hate them so I have to make myself do it! Did 15 mins (.6 of a mile) of fast walking on the treadmill, interspersed with a couple of 30 second pathetic attempts at running. Then rode 6.6 miles on the stationary bike. Brings my total to 37 miles I think. To those of you who run on a treadmill at what point in your weight loss did you start running? I have bad knees but I keep dreaming of running. I guess to me it symbolizes freedom.

My updates for this week so far... October 7th: biked 10 miles – 100 Squats October 8th: biked 5 miles – 150 Squats October 9th: biked 10 mikes – 100 Squats This morning...October 10th: biked 5 mikes – 50 Squats MTD Total: 74 Miles and 650 Squats My goal is to complete the 100 mile challenge by this Sunday' date=' as I’m starting the Insanity program on Monday 10/14. Great progress everyone!![/quote'] What do you mean STARTING the insanity challenge? 100 miles in 12 days isn't the insanity part? :P J/k, j/k. Very impressive!

Edited by gamergirl

Got in 30 mins on the weight machines. I hate them so I have to make myself do it! Did 15 mins (.6 of a mile) of fast walking on the treadmill' date=' interspersed with a couple of 30 second pathetic attempts at running. Then rode 6.6 miles on the stationary bike. Brings my total to 37 miles I think. To those of you who run on a treadmill at what point in your weight loss did you start running? I have bad knees but I keep dreaming of running. I guess to me it symbolizes freedom.[/quote']

I never ran on a treadmill but I did start running about half way to goal. I had lost 100 pounds the day I started running.

Edited by Butterthebean

Missus Butter ran 5 miles this morning. Then promptly went back to bed. Total so far 31.6 miles. She's says she's got a plan to hit the 100 miles on the last day of the month. Typical of her....putting everything off till the last minute. :P

Shhhhhhh......don't tell her I said that.

Hmm. I'm counting walking and biking too. But today I"ll only take credit for 1 mile because the rest of it just happened. So 21.6 today. Lots of pain and acute flare up now so will have to take next day or two off.

Well today was supposed to be a rest day but it turned out to be a restless day instead. Literally and figuratively. I could NOT sit still. So I went on two slow walks and managed to log in 2.4 miles despite the flare up. Having to force myself to not overdo it.

So 24 miles now.

What do you mean STARTING the insanity challenge? 100 miles in 12 days isn't the insanity part? :P J/k' date=' j/k. Very impressive![/quote']

I know, right...I'm all in mentally and physically to build a better me.

I'm counting the days to begin the Insanity program. Completing the 100 miles challenge in 12 or 13 days will mentally prepare myself for this.

Today was a great day!! Felt great all day! I started early this morning with a 1.46 mile bike ride in the cool morning air. I walked 2.75 miles today as well and just finished a great 2.19 mile bike ride. One thing is for sure...mileage on a real bike is harder than a recumbent bike...lol. I love the challenge...feel the burn! So, my ending mileage for today is 6.4 miles which puts me at 40.34 to date.

Oh yeah...I almost forgot! I finally broke 300lbs! I was 298 this morning. My lowest in 20 years! Needless to say I did a happy dance this morning!!

Edited by lsu2868

Ran for 4 miles today without stopping. No more running on consecutive days. I am hurting all over.

So far this month:

Run: 19.5 (goal 60)

Walk: 20.5 (goal 40)

Bike: 5 (goal 50)

Total: 45

Colder. Wetter. Even more miserable today. Walked 6.5 miles for a total of 65.5. Had to walk up and down the grocery store aisles about a hundred times to get some miles in today! LOL. Clerks kept asking me if they could help me find something! LOL

Sent from my iPad using VST

Today was a great day!! Felt great all day! I started early this morning with a 1.46 mile bike ride in the cool morning air. I walked 2.75 miles today as well and just finished a great 2.19 mile bike ride. One thing is for sure...mileage on a real bike is harder than a recumbent bike...lol. I love the challenge...feel the burn! So, my ending mileage for today is 6.4 miles which puts me at 40.34 to date.

Oh yeah...I almost forgot! I finally broke 300lbs! I was 298 this morning. My lowest in 20 years! Needless to say I did a happy dance this morning!!

So happy for your under 300 lb milestone! You are definitely on your way to great success!

Dang this was my last post days ago :P

I did 2.2 quick miles on the bike tonight just to got something in :P

The human slug has

33 miles...

I'm the human slug too...I'm stuck at 33.2. I can't motivate myself this week at all!!! It's so frustrating. I just want to go home after work and REST. I've also gotten off track with my eating...especially yesterday. However, today is a new day! I had a protein-packed Breakfast (egg,turkey,cheese,& 1 slice of bacon) and I'm going to the gym today to see if I can break out of this funk. I've been exercising at home (bike) and walking. I think it's time for the gym in order to mix things up a bit... :unsure:

I'm the human slug too...I'm stuck at 33.2. I can't motivate myself this week at all!!! It's so frustrating. I just want to go home after work and REST. I've also gotten off track with my eating...especially yesterday. However' date=' today is a new day! I had a protein-packed breakfast (egg,turkey,cheese,& 1 slice of bacon) and I'm going to the gym today to see if I can break out of this funk. I've been exercising at home (bike) and walking. I think it's time for the gym in order to mix things up a bit... :unsure:[/quote']

Yep, a change in scenery can only help. We all need to mix it up once in a while.