Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 100 Mile Challange!

Mrs. Butter is awesome!!! My hubby and I got in a 2.6 mile walk this morning bringing my total to 39.6. I was hoping to be a 50 miles by now but the rainy weather and work schedule have kept me from bicycling. Wah, wah, wah! I miss my bicycle!

To Curvy: more re: the bicycle seat; what everyone else said is true but I found I needed a slightly wider seat to accommodate my wide pelvic bones! TMI sorry! LOL! It took trying several different seats till I found the one I have on my bike now. The difference in the width is only about 3/4 inch on each side but it made a big difference in my comfort on long rides. Ironically my bike seat is designed specifically for men. I find the really skinny and hard bike seats like on the spin bikes to be extremely uncomfortable. It feels like it's gonna go where the sun don't shine! Again, sorry if that's TMI every body!

5 mile run and 3 mile walk today.

So far this month:

Run: 24.5 (goal 60)

Walk: 27.5 (goal 40)

Bike: 5 (goal 50)

Total: 57

To Curvy: more re: the bicycle seat; what everyone else said is true but I found I needed a slightly wider seat to accommodate my wide pelvic bones! TMI sorry! LOL! It took trying several different seats till I found the one I have on my bike now. The difference in the width is only about 3/4 inch on each side but it made a big difference in my comfort on long rides. Ironically my bike seat is designed specifically for men. I find the really skinny and hard bike seats like on the spin bikes to be extremely uncomfortable. It feels like it's gonna go where the sun don't shine! Again' date=' sorry if that's TMI every body![/quote']

There is no such thing as TMI here on VST. :)

Did 7 miles on my stationary bike today for a total of 32. I guess I will make the 40 miles this month I planned when I first started this challenge :) Heck it may even be time to up my goal to 60? Just scared myself thinking of that but that's my new goal now. Makes me happy :)

Just added 2.77 state fair waking miles for a total of 9.77 miles for me today which is my high number since I started this :). Total for the month is 34.77.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Day 11: biked 7 miles – 75 Squats

Total: 81 Miles - 725 Squats!!

Day 12: biked 15 miles

Day 13: Biked 19 miles...I was pushing for 26.2 to support various friends running the Chicago marathon today. I fell a little short. Hopefully in the near future I'll be running this bad boy with them!!

Total Miles: 115 - 725 Total Squats

I start the Insanity program tomorrow (hope this goes well)...I'll log my Insanity workouts here for the remainder of the month.

Great job everyone!!

Just added 2.77 state fair waking miles for a total of 9.77 miles for me today which is my high number since I started this :). Total for the month is 34.77.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I wish I could have gone this year. Maybe next year.

It's been a bad day for me. Haven't been feeling to good today but still managed 1.6 miles which puts me at 49.54 miles to date.

It's been a bad day for me. Haven't been feeling to good today but still managed 1.6 miles which puts me at 49.54 miles to date.

Sorry you aren't feeling bad today but man, you are halfway there!!

I wish I could have gone this year. Maybe next year.

It was our first time since being sleeved. Quite an eye opener about how much of the fair is around food, how much of the "food" is sugar or fried, and how many overweight people there were (including us of course). Next year, I will go but I will be skinny and fit by then I hope. I was hurting after miles today but next year, I hope I won't be.

You'll have many additional years of state fairs ahead of you now that you're so much healthier. :)

It was our first time since being sleeved. Quite an eye opener about how much of the fair is around food' date=' how much of the "food" is sugar or fried, and how many overweight people there were (including us of course). Next year, I will go but I will be skinny and fit by then I hope. I was hurting after miles today but next year, I hope I won't be.

You'll have many additional years of state fairs ahead of you now that you're so much healthier. :)[/quote']

That's why I didn't go to the county fair here that's been going on for the last 2 weeks. I entered something in the home arts, even won first place, but couldn't bring myself to go see it displayed because I was afraid it would be to hard with all the food there.

I'm not even hungry at all anymore but scared that I'd eat something. Old habits die hard!

Okay, feeling proud. Yep! I managed to click off 7.2 miles walking today. :)

My total at 44.2. I'm closing in on halfway for the ORIGINAL OCT CHALLENGE. I put 125 out there as an increase from last month. Hmm.

Which means I need to manage 4.5 miles a day for rest of month. :).

Well, I'll do my best!! :)

I'm really annoyed that each of the days I was logging in more than a mile a day, I was stalled for all 12 days of that. And the two days I barely logged in a mile, my weight started to drop again. That just messes with my brain! That seems illogical and I want to know why my body is doing stupid stuff like that. Because it makes my fat girl brain think I should not exercise which my logical brain realizes is silly. I did spend 4-5 hours on my feet nonstop yesterday cooking for the week so it's not exactly like I was a slug. But still.

So while my two brains duke it out with each other, I will drink a cup of coffee. And then I will get on the bike and try to catch up on my miles a bit. Sigh.

Is there a reason why this could have happened or is it just, as I suspect, coincidence and the stall was about to end anyway?

Stalls suck. There is nothing worse than putting in 100% effort and not getting that "payoff" on the scale. But this is a journey of 1,000 miles (or more... ;) ) and patience will be your friend along the way. Hang in there GG!

Not wider but I did start using a seat with more cushion.. That and things kinda toughen up after awhile :D Make sure the angle of the seat is right too. Last week my lady parts were taking a beating until I noticed the seat was just slightly angled up.. Ugh!!!

So my spin instructor calls it a butt callus? My first few times at spin my hiney hurt, and everyone was like "oh it will be okay eventually" and they were right. I don't even notice it anymore. Guess I'm a proud owner of a butt callus? :o

Hope you feel better soon!