Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Younger Bansters Here?

If people feel comfortable, I think some before and after pics would be great!! It's nice to see the b4 and after pix on the main forum..but seeing someone from your own age group, you can relate more.

I have some before pictures, but i'm not banded yet so...hopefully in a few months i'll have some good during pictures.

KLM3hrt, You look amazing! When were you banded?

I'm 25 and I only have 17 days until I join the bandwagon! SOOOOO excited!!! BTW, KLM3hrt, you look great! WOOHOO!!!

This may have already been answered earlier...but I've been hoping that since i had my surgery at 21 and haven't had any kids, that the whole extra skin Tummy Tuck needing thing won't happen to me...the fact that i have at least one olsen twin to shed isnt too promising....anyone lost a bunch of weight already and have some news on this? Also, this is random but i am SO TIRED of having like 3 outfits to choose from in the ladies' plus section of old navy ...i cant wait to be able to shop in a normal store like the gap and not have everyone assume i'm there for a scarf or something..heh. (although i probably am...)

I REALLY do think that being younger has it's advantages. I had my surgery last Wednesday and, except for some port pain, I feel good. I'm self pay so I'm REALLY hoping that my skin will just firm up naturally and no TT will be necessary. However, I would like to have decent legs at goal and right now... well that doesn't look too promising. Ladybug I totally understand the Old Navy and Gap dilemma! It's so frustrating being able to only buy earrings or a scarf. Shopping will be FUN!! (I'm a girl, I get excited about things like that...lol) Best of luck on your surgeries and let us know how they go.

i'm 23 and waiting for approval for banding but it doesn't look like it will happen for atleast 8 months. gotta do the 6 month diet thing then go from there. Keep up the good work guys. :)

I am so excited for everone. To those that will be banded, your confidence will go up. Everyone tells me I look more happy and that is the truth, I feel so much better. I don't even sleep as much and have more energy. It feels so good to have clothes in my closet fit again. I don't miss when I use to eat till I could not move. Everyone will just love it. My hardest thing is saying no to chocolate. I have a six year old and she had all that Easter candy and I just had to have some. Now I need to get the rest of it out the house.lol Well good luck to everyone on their journey.

I was banded Dec 14th 2005.

As for skin.. being younger helps.. but ive been fat .. forever lol .. i weight the same now as i did when i was 9 yrs old... i do have extra skin on my arms and tummy.. but nothing too gross.. i try to bulk up muscle wise to help everything..and works for arms.. tummy... still having issues though.

I'm hoping being a male helps in that department....hoping not to have any skin issues....but probably will. Oh well....I fell like its the first time in my life that i can actually talk about being skinnier in the future, and really think its going to happen!!!