Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Younger Bansters Here?

Im 26 and being banded in two days. Im incredibly nervous, not 100% sure Im doing the right thing but also excited by what the results could be. I guess a pretty standard mixed emotions.

Jodie, that SUCKS about the diabetes!! I am so sorry. I lost my first thirty pounds because my doctor told me that I was pre-diabetic. It's scary stuff but luckily, it is managable. Awesome weight loss.

November Lily, good luck with your surgery. I hope everything goes well. When you feel better, come back to the boards and let us know how things went.

Off to fight with my insurance company. Thanks for all the great advice about that. Sheila

My advise to you is that you shouldn't be discouraged by your family. I think of it this way, you are doing this for yourself, not them. You want to live a healthy life and improve yourself and if they cannot understand this than that's a shame. I know that a good support system is one of the keys to being successful, so if you can't get the support you need from them make sure that you find it with friends or other family members. I hope that everything is going well with you post-op. Stay stong...you can do it!

Thanks For All The Help - But Im Banded And I Took Everyones Advise - Being Proactive And All - Some Weight Loss But Still Not Fill So Im Waiting To Prove Everyone Wrong - Ill Keep U All Updated

November Lily, good luck with your surgery. I hope everything goes well. When you feel better, come back to the boards and let us know how things went.

Hi Sheila, Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Im now a bandster. Had the op yesterday and sitting in my hospital bed now. I feel pretty good, much better than I thought I would. My incisions dont hurt much and Im getting plenty of liquid down. Have pretty bad gas pain but I understand this is normal??

Im excited about this journey.

Lily x

I'm 26. I got banded in January and I don't regret it one bit, although I do get paranoid a lot that I'm not losing weight fast enough. It's definately something you should do if need be and I agree, 15 thousand is a lot but you can find places that do it a lot cheaper. Mexico, I believe, is half that. I'm lucky because my province pays for the surgery and all you have to fork over is the money for the band itself, but if you do have to pay yourself, check out mexico, or even if you go on websites, they have specials in certain places.

When I lose weight, I'm going on the HUGEST shopping spree. I can't wait. I think that's what I'm most excited about.

As for alcohol, breaking up with Beer is painful but think about what you're gaining. A new life, a new body, a new plateau of self-respect and you'll just generally feel better about yourself. Plus - hard alcohol is still there. It's a little more expensive but if you pre-buy it in a liquor store, you are saving a lot of money.

I can't wait to see my end results. It's worth everything I've had to give up.

Lily, glad to hear things went well. So, what's it like being banded? Are you dreaming about clothes? Can you feel a difference in your body? Any restriction? Fill us younger bandsters in! You too Marissa.

I'm pretty bummed about the whole insurance thing. Now they're saying a six month diet... soooo frustrating!! Oh well. All good things in time, right.

Thanks for the encouragement.

With love, Sheila

I am 28 also! I saw like 2 other people with the same age. My birthday was Friday so I am still getting used to 28.

I am worried a little because I'm so young so therefore I will have my lapband for another like 50 years (hopefully). I hope they last that long!!

I felt the same as you. I guess if it does not last that long , we will get it taken out and another one put in. I will be 28 this month.

Marissa and Lily, How are you doing? I am sure you must be feeling better about yourself.

Hi bwaydiva and kilopitre and everyone else.

Im feeling great. Now 7 days since Ive been banded. Ive lost 5.8 kilos (12.8 pounds) and am very happy. My stomach is still quite swollen due to the gas and my port site is a little irratating (though not too painful)

My clothes feel loser except around my stomach but hopefully that will change soon. My face is definitely a bit slimmer, but nothing new really as Im at the weight now I usually yoyo between, just need to get past it.

Im getting pretty sick of the liquids and have introduced some creamier Soups, even chewed a few spoonfulls of friends food when we have been out (naughty I know). Other than feeling full I feel fine.

Just been for an hour and half walk through London on a beautiful winters day so am feeling pretty positive.

Tonight will be hard, poker with some male buddies which would usually mean beer, Ill treat myself to a glass of red wine though (I hope that is ok in liquid stage?)

How is everyone else going?

Marissa and Lily, How are you doing? I am sure you must be feeling better about yourself.

I dont have too much time to respond to this now - but the immediate answer is Not really! i only lost a few pounds and its not coming off anymore, also, i have NO restriction like I almost feel that i have a slipped band because of it.

I dont have too much time to respond to this now - but the immediate answer is Not really! i only lost a few pounds and its not coming off anymore, also, i have NO restriction like I almost feel that i have a slipped band because of it.

I think that is pretty normal, I ate things I wasn't supose to 3 days after like meat. I chewed really well and took tiny bites, I didn't have a problem at all. Your weight loss looks good. I just got my first fill Thusday and let me tell you, it was time. I thought for sure I was going to gain but I loss like 6lbs from my 1 week post-op appointment. The Dr. told me that I was doing great. My mom lost 7lbs, we had surgery the same day. Don't get discouraged, you are doing fine. When will you get your 1st fill?

Hi bwaydiva and kilopitre and everyone else.

Im feeling great. Now 7 days since Ive been banded. Ive lost 5.8 kilos (12.8 pounds) and am very happy. My stomach is still quite swollen due to the gas and my port site is a little irratating (though not too painful)

My clothes feel loser except around my stomach but hopefully that will change soon. My face is definitely a bit slimmer, but nothing new really as Im at the weight now I usually yoyo between, just need to get past it.

Im getting pretty sick of the liquids and have introduced some creamier Soups, even chewed a few spoonfulls of friends food when we have been out (naughty I know). Other than feeling full I feel fine.

Just been for an hour and half walk through London on a beautiful winters day so am feeling pretty positive.

Tonight will be hard, poker with some male buddies which would usually mean beer, Ill treat myself to a glass of red wine though (I hope that is ok in liquid stage?)

How is everyone else going?

I waited to have wine 4 weeks after surgery. I was bad and could not just have one, I had a few. lol I guess one glass should not hurt. I have a few drinks about 1-2 times a month. I have not drank since my first fill, I will proberly get tipsy on one glass. Just take it easy.

My doctor told me no alcohol for 6 months post-op (I think that it has more to do with becoming sick from drinking too much bc throwing up increases the chance of a band slipping).