Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Younger Bansters Here?

oh lordy, drunken nights! I do that most nights outta the week lol! College is amazing! As far as the calories go, I dont eat that much, so I can handle the calories in the drinks....I love this things my special (and I do mean special) bartender puts together called illusions......trust me, you know its for me, its about 3 times stronger than a normal one! lol and its about 3 dollars cheaper too! Yay for me and flirting!

I'm 18 and I'm banded..

got the surgery in July, and have lost 52 pounds, I'll tell you what, I'm a freshman in college, and it's hard sometimes..

especially because you cant drink beer, and thats something that sets you apart from all the others..

but overall, i love my band, and cant wait to reach my goal weight!

if you have any questions.. aim-punkeyb88 myspace-kristen barnes

:mad:

Punkey! Dude if you can learn to shoot a certain kind of Liquor you will be everyone's hero! Mine is Rum, used to be Vodka or Malibu, but I ended up getting tired of it! Trust me, if you can get your tolerance up, ur everyone's hero! lol! I kno I am! I drink 3 times as much as everyone else i go out with, I impress the bartenders and thats sayin something

Punkey! Dude if you can learn to shoot a certain kind of Liquor you will be everyone's hero! Mine is Rum, used to be Vodka or Malibu, but I ended up getting tired of it! Trust me, if you can get your tolerance up, ur everyone's hero! lol! I kno I am! I drink 3 times as much as everyone else i go out with, I impress the bartenders and thats sayin something

I agree.. once you get used to it its a breeze. But ya get tired of the same thing all the time. Rum is easy...of its good rum. I recommend Brugal. yum. My favorite drinks are Rum and Cokes and GreyGoose Screwdrivers or anything with GG in it. I cant afford the GG all the time being a poor college student. When I get baned I wont miss beer, cuz I dont drink it . What can I say Im a Top Shelf girl. Shot wise its Yager or yes GreyGoose! Im a graduating senior so this semester Im being good but I barely remember Spring06. I was out 4 times a week Open Mic night, thirsty thursdays, fri, sat. Plus on the off days we drank my roomate's mom's homemade stuff. needless to say my GPA suffered

A true Hero can drink you under the table and never throws up. Im earing my cape this weekend. As for now I have a chem test then a 15pg paper to finish:help:. All nighters suck. Those are the only things I wont miss about college.

My school's unoffical motto is: Geneseo. Out Drinking and Out Thinking Since 1867. sad really.

yea, usually i drink vodka, or rum, or yegarmiester..:D

my friends are amazed at how much i can drink, when there smashed, im buzzed, so i keep drinking and it all works out..!

my suggestions---

Cranberry Vodka, Yegar and OJ (i know it sounds gross, so good!), Parrot Bay and Peach Cranberry, or just regular shots..!

good luck girls!

:Banane20:

Anyone struggling to find time to exercise, go to school and hold down a job? When do you all find the time to be a good bandster? Oh and still find time to sleep... :notagree

Also thanks for the insight about all the drinks you can still have post banding. It seems like a stupid concern but drinking is such a big part of college weekends. :D

You guys are such an inspiration. Thanks for fielding all of my questions.

Sheila

Thats Very Refreshing To Here Thank You My Mother For Some Reason - Well I Guess I Understand But She Is Trying To Talk Me Out Of It. All She Says Is Cant You Just Exercise And Diet But Obivously The Diets Arent Working Out And No I Cant Exercise I Weight 267 And My Knees N Ankles Hurt And Wit Hher And My Sister Being Size 4's They Just Dont Get It And Boy Do They Make Me Mad But I Had To Ask Others Their Opinion! Thanks

People can be really ugly about the topic . I had mine sugery on june 6, 2006 and used to weight 196lbs on frame 5'3 i weight now 149lbs. what i did i didnt tell nobody about the surgery just the people that knew that was going to support me . lossing weight is not easy i used eat when i was sad and food was my best friend . now that i have the band is easy cuz i cant eat alot . by the way iam 27 years old and if i had the chance to doing at 21 i will do it without a doubt. best wishes :clap2:

Hi guys! I am in my first week of banding. I wish I couldve done this earlier!! It so nice to see the scale go DOWN for once, and stay there. I go to a HUGE party school in Texas and havent really felt like Ive missed out. I have a friend who was banded and she recomended getting a tap beer and let teh foam go down, and drink slow if you want a beer. Theres a bar in San Marcos that has like 100 diff beers and I found one that was really thin and sweet. Of course, I probally wont be drinking that much anyways, I've kinda think Ive grown out of the whole party thing a lil bit. I still do it every now and then, but not often..Who has time? b/t school and my exercise buddies (Kip is 3 and Petris still a puppy) and sleep I can only zone out for a couple hours a week in front of the TV with Grays Anatomy and or CSI. Plus, I think itll be good for me to only drink a little and be designated jane for the ride home! Besides..I figure once Im thin, Ill have some fun at the beach, and Ill look so good, I wont need to drink!!!!:faint:

the reason why you cant drink beer is the carbanation, my doctor says no soda or beer, thats why, but i still drink it sometimes and I've had no problems..

I'm in college, and beer is the most readily available..

:D good luck!

the reason why you cant drink beer is the carbanation, my doctor says no soda or beer, thats why, but i still drink it sometimes and I've had no problems..

I'm in college, and beer is the most readily available..

:) good luck!

what about Corona? its not really carbonated?!?!

Not To Say That Anyone Here Is Old But I Am 21 And I Dont Find That Many People Here My Age - Does This Say That I Am Giving Up To Early? Anyone Here In The 20's Or Younger?

Being Banded On Feb. 7th 2007

Hi Marissa,

I'm 24, and I was banded on the 13th. I don't think we gave up anything, in fact I think of it quite the opposite. I think we're gaining a new lease on life. That we can be such an example to others, older, and younger, that it's important the we take care of the bodies that we have.

Hey Marissa,

Im 22, and was banded last yr @ 21, I actually wanted the sx alot younger but that was before my surgeon started the lap-band and my bmi didnt fit for a bypass. I know about 20ppl personally, not even through here, who've had their sx's ranging from 18-23, so I dont think you've given up to soon, and as my surgeon said, I did something good before all the negatives (ie: diabetes, HTN, and high cholesterol) could begin.