Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Younger Bansters Here?

Marissa, how much did you lose between your fills? It's said that healthy weight loss is 1 to 2 lbs per week, and that's all they want us to lose with the band as well. There are lots of doctors that will act that way about fills. You might think about the reason your doctor is being strict about fills. Or even ask him.

How much have you lost?

I dont know why but my doc is being a pr*ck about my fills! He said my weight loss is good- which to me its not- and then he makes me wait 6 weeks in between each fill! Thats fine and dandy but my first fill was 1 cc and I got one yesterday (6 weeks later) and he gives me .5 cc!!!!!!! im never going to get anywhere!

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hi, I'm 26 and I think now at your weight is the perfect time to have it done. Dont wait for anyone... At 21 I weighed 220, I went in to surgery 10 days ago and weighed 316 highest weight was 331... It's hard for anyone to be over weight but it's hard to be so young and have the medical problems of an older person because of your weight. Just go for it, you will feel so much better and just think of all the cute clothes you could go shopping for(:

Hey everyone just dropping in..Im down to 221.5...Only 21.5 lbs til ONEDERLAND!!!..I am having some serious loose skin issues but i have been going to the gym 6 days a week for the last two weeks and i can see a difference my arms are starting to get a little bit toned..and everyone around me says they can see a difference (that i am slimming down)..I can fit into a size 20W pants and 18/20 shirt. I wish i was smaller pants wise but its because i have the apron of loose skin. I pray and hope that i can get a tummy tuck..Well i have to get ready for work..Hope everyone has an awesome day.

wow Liberty you look really good, I bet you feel good to huh?? I can't wait to lose that much. Does anyone live in washington state?? good for you Audrey, I think your the youngest I've seen. You know the younger the better elasticity your skin has.. Good luck

haven't posted in awhile, hows everyone doing??

im down 56 pounds..eh kinda in a rutt right now..

but getting back in the shape of things!

wow Liberty you look really good, I bet you feel good to huh?? I can't wait to lose that much. Does anyone live in washington state?? good for you Audrey, I think your the youngest I've seen. You know the younger the better elasticity your skin has.. Good luck

thats what i hear!!!

I'm hoping and praying ym skin will be ok. I have been fat my whooole life and for once id like to just look in the mirror and be like "daaayuum" i already feel like that on the inside...i just want it to shine thru!

Can't wait can't wait. I'm self pay too so that seven more incentive to make it work.

yah Iv'e been fat all my life to, I hope once I lose my skin will give me a break(: exercise is also supposed to help.. 56 pounds is great, hope thing keep gettin better for you.

Jenn don't push the fill issue. If you are loosing 1-2 lbs a week , you are doing great. This is a life long change. My doctor said that people who think they have to be really tight are the ones who slip. She said if you are losing more than 8 lbs a month she will not give me a fill. So be careful you don't slip because then you will have to start all over. Give it time you will reach your goal soon enough. Good Luck!!!

Hey everyone,

I got the phone call today. I'M APPROVED!!!! After a previous insurance denial, I resubmitted and I got the news today that my insurance IS going to pay for my procedure. I should be going for preop tests soon and with any luck I will be banded sometime in early June!!!! I am so excited I feel like it is only a matter of weeks before my life can truly begin.

I decided to stop lurking. I am 19(So I guess I am still young, even though it feels like sometimes I am much older, ‘cause I carry around a whole other person with me, and even though I am college student) I am getting banded this Friday (June 22). I am so excited. Congrats for all the wls. You guys are doing awesome. I hope to share my amazing wls soon.

Hi sorry its been a while - I was banded on 2/7/07 and currently down 46 lbs, not as far as i wanted to be but im trying - i have to say this is all wihtout exercise also!