Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I habitually eat too fast. It doesn't hurt going down but I do tend to overeat a little bit.

Putting the utensil down after each bite was suggested to me as I was one who would scarf down any meal. Large bites, not chewing enough and going for the next bite ASAP was my old routine.

I put the utensil down, now, and chew way more than I used to. It made such a difference. I can also better feel when I am full and need to stop before I take that one bite too many.

It was hard to learn, but it has been working for me.

I agree with Pdx. Putting the fork down and retraining yourself is a great step in the right direction.

I started out using small utensils. They definitely limited what I could take in each bite, the pace was up to me.

In the beginning using the smaller fork helped me slow down. Eating too fast you don't realize your full until its too late, then you get sick. Eating too much will cause you to "bring it up", sometimes there is no stopping it. When you've done that a few times, you'll not want to repeat that and learn to slow down. Begin to actually savor your food , slow down, enjoy the flavors, enjoy the company (hopefully not eating alone). That's the best way to get through a restaurant meal. You'll only be able to eat a very small portion, while the rest of the party woofs down their large meals. When you've learned to savor and eat slow, and talk and enjoy the dining experience you'll finish your smaller portion around the same time they complete their larger portions. Good luck and stay strong.

Been using the app called "eat slower" on my phone. It helps slow you down.

I learned to eat fast in Army basic training. If u didn't eat in 5 mins, u didn't eat. Never got over it. Used to make me vomit with my lapband, now it just makes me feel awful. I sometimes want to throw up but I don't.

Been using the app called "eat slower" on my phone. It helps slow you down.

Pretty neat app! Ty for sharing! Is it wrong that I set my sound to "oink"?

Pretty neat app! Ty for sharing! Is it wrong that I set my sound to "oink"?

So glad you liked it! Oink is hilarious. I had no idea I could change the sound! Thank goodness because the doorbell chime made my dogs

bark!

Ok, can you guys explain how this app works?

Thanks!

Ok' date=' can you guys explain how this app works? Thanks![/quote']

You will want to set the interval between bites.

1. Hit the the plate and let the countdown begin. 2. Take a bite at each time expiration until finished or full!

You can change the sound by hitting the i in the top right. Hth!

just downloaded this can't wait to try it. Maybe I won't be waiting 20 min for my mother to finish eat.

I was told the same as pdxman...put the utensil down between bites and chew, chew, chew...I am normally a very fast eater, but I find putting down the utensil and helped tremendously...takes a lil getting used to, but it does help:)