Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Missouri!

I have not tried the meat and eggs yet... I started to, but was hungry and am still hungry......... last night I went through Mcdonalds and ordered a double cheeseburger and fries... ate it all and an hour later ate a hame sandwhich........ i have no restriction.... I am so hungry...!!!! I see Dr. Pitt on Tuesday next week so maybe I will get another fill and maybe this time it will cause some restriciton.

Hey Sharon! How did your appt. go yesterday? Did you get a fill? Between work being busy and taking a little time off, I haven't been on here much lately. Just wondering how everything is going.....

Hi guys, I've read all of your post and some of them made me laugh out loud. It's SOO nice to know that others go through what you do. I too was banded by Dr. Pitt on Feb 28th, 2007. I have the VG Band that hold 10 CC and had my first fill to 4CC 2 weeks ago. I called Sylvia today because I feel like I could eat the house!!! I felt really restricted the first couple of days and very satisfied and then it went away, so I'm going on pure will power. I live in Joplin, so have to travel 4 hours for a fill. I have 3 lovely children and am a single mother. Lap band is GREAT, so far. Hope to keep in touch, seems like you all are doing well- keep it up!!!!

By the way my total weight loss is 34 lbs, but don't know how to change my ticker. I'm down to 274 and it feels GREAT.

Hello cvaden!! I so nice to talk with other Dr. Pitt patients. He is a fantastic doctor; I can't praise him enough! :peace: A 4 hour drive, man! I drive a little over an hour and I thought that was a long drive. :car:In my opinion, he is well worth that.

Congrats on your weight loss thus far! You are doing great!;) I too hope we can keep in touch. It's nice to talk with people from "home".

I had my first fill on April 3rd, and it was horrible- I would have rather had surgury again. He couldn't find my port with the small needle, then the large, then with ultrasound HE FINALLY found it under floro. I was so worried from being on here that there was a complacation. He felt bad, but assured me that my next fill would be different now that we know where my port is. I SURE HOPE SO! Surgury was great, I had it on Wed at 9:30 left the hospital at 2:30 drove to KC to see my aunt that was in the hospital then home by 9:00. Went to Wal-mart the next day with my mom and then to work on Friday. (I have a desk job) My fill worked for about 4 or 5 days, now I'm going off pure will power and tring not to loose as much as just keep off what I've lost. Can't wait until my fill on May 1st. I'm self pay, so all my fills after that will start costing each time (which sucks). I sold my Acura SUV, to replace my surgury PMT. It meant that much to me. I'm glad I did it!!!

Enough about me, when do you all go back for a fill?

denise

i had my dates wrong... i go back on next tuesday... so i have to wait it out a few more days.... i hope he gives me another fill......... the original 1cc is not doing anything for me... i am really hungry and eat more thatn i was the first few weeks. still feel no restriction...

cvaden--He had the same problem with me. The first time, he found the port no problem but that's not so for the second fill. He tried with a short needle and then a long needle to no avail. He felt bad but it didn't bother me one bit. Funny how different it is for us. Anyway, he did that fill with fluro under the x-ray. That got me to 2 cc in my 4 cc band and I was too tight. I tried to tough it out but ended up going in and he removed .5 cc in his office. No problem finding the port that time. The next time I went to see him, I was experiencing hunger again so we decided to put that .5 cc back in that he had removed but again, he had problems finding my port. He said usually after he locates it once, he can find it again. He said it's unusual for him to have the problem twice. I guess if he has problems finding it more than once it's better to be on me since the fills don't bother me at all then on someone else. He did that fill by ultrasound.

Last time I went to see him, we decided against a fill because my weight loss was good. I do experience more hunger than I probably should but as long as I can get by on willpower, I will avoid another fill. He said we could look and see if we wanted to do another fill next time I came in. I don't have any foods that I can't eat (just a lot that I choose not to) and I would like to keep it that way. That's why I am ok with my band being a little looser. If my weight loss suffers though, I will get a fill. So far, I am able to do without another one.

Sharon--I am certain he will give you another 1 cc fill. I was the same way with my first fill. I felt restriction for a short while but then it was gone and I felt like I could eat a horse. The next one should make a difference in that. Hang in there, Tuesday is almost here! :confused:

You seem to be doing really well with will power!! So does food get caught up or stuck? I still do if I eat too fast. I could eat anything if I chew it to death. I love how good I feel already with my current weight loss, that keeps me motivated. It's easier to eat healthy and exercise when you can phyically see the results weekly. The scale going down keeps me motivated, too- I'm at 274 and can't wait until 269 then 259 they all seem so much less. I'd recommend Lap band to ANYONE overweight. Dr. Pitt is a great surgeon.

I haven't goten anything stuck for a long time. When my band was too full, everything got stuck. When I am not paying attention to eating and don't chew well, I have a little trouble. It just causes a little pain but nothing bad and doesn't last too long.

The scale moving is a great motivator for me as well. Sometimes it so hard to believe though!

you must feel like a whole new women. Keep up the good work. just like everything in life, it's all about making the right choices.

About the baby thing, you are never READY. So when it happens- BE BLESSED. I'm excited for you!!

I cannot wait until tuesday when I see Dr. Pitt. I am hopeful that I will get another fill. I am cancelling the appointment with the rude nutritionist... insurance is not paying for her anyway. I am long past her plan of action anyway. Heck... been on solid foods since day 3 post op and Dr. Pitt knows this. She does not even have me eating yet.......... So far behind...

I have not had anymore trouble with eating lately. That bad feeling of not able to breath and pain in the chest all because I swallowed too fast or was not chewed up good enough..... I really don't want to feel that again. I do get the hiccups when I am full. That is fine, I can deal with that.

I do however have this weird pain/feeling below where my port is... maybe a pulled muscel... don'te know how to explain. I feel this "pain". not sharp or gouging, just a sensation. like a sore muscle would feel. I hope there is nothing wrong with the port. can Dr. Pitt see it when I go in on Tuesday? Think ultrasound or something so he can see to be sure nothing is going on in there?

I am cancelling the appointment with the rude nutritionist... insurance is not paying for her anyway.

:pound: I so totally agree with you....rude, rude, rude! I cancelled the last appt. I was to have with her and I have no intention of going back. My insurance doesn't pay for her either and I am through all her "steps" so what benefit would I really get out of it? :)

I do however have this weird pain/feeling below where my port is... maybe a pulled muscel... don'te know how to explain. I feel this "pain". not sharp or gouging, just a sensation. like a sore muscle would feel. I hope there is nothing wrong with the port. can Dr. Pitt see it when I go in on Tuesday? Think ultrasound or something so he can see to be sure nothing is going on in there?

I don't know what that pain would be. :) I would ask Dr. Pitt about it. I would be interested to see what he has to say about it. If he thinks it may be something, he could look at it. I don't know that he could use the ultrasound or if he would have to do it by x-ray. I would find out though.

you must feel like a whole new women. Keep up the good work. just like everything in life, it's all about making the right choices.

About the baby thing, you are never READY. So when it happens- BE BLESSED. I'm excited for you!!

I do feel different...good different. It's hard for me to see if but the scale and the clothes reflect it so I know it's not just a dream. :) I think dh and I have decided to go ahead and start trying for a baby in July. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. We are as ready as can be expected. I kinda thought about waiting until I was at my goal but I don't mind interrupting my weight loss for a little bundle of joy. I am really working hard to get as much weight off as possible before that time. I am pushing myself really hard! How is everything going for you?

I had another bout of that wierd unable to breath pain in the upper chest feeling at lunch today, while at work. I had just taken a bite of a bread roll and the phone rang... i guess it was not chewed enough then i swallowed and i sure felt it within in 30 seconds... i then proceded to throw up... i have never done that........ needless to say i threw away the reaminder of my lunch..... i guess i need to talk to Dr. Pitt about his tomorrow too.