Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clothing postop

What did you wear in the hospital for the time you were there? Did you put pj pants on? Wear yogas during the day?

I wore the gown the first day but got up and showered and put on my pajamas the second day and left those on until I showered the next morning and I put on yoga pants and a shirt to go home in. It was nice to be in my stuff and I was comfy.

I wore the hospital gown the first night. Then showered and wore comfy sweats.

I wore hospital gowns the entire time. Usually just one, but if I was leaving my room to walk I put on a second one facing backwards to make sure I wasn't flashing people.

I had an IV pole and a drain the first day I was there - I think it would have been hard for me to maneuver with those things in anything other than a hospital gown.

I wore the gown and a robe when I walked (to cover my exposed behind).

Gown with shorts on underneath the first day and the 2nd and 3rd days I wore comfy jogging shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt...(hospitals are really cold).

You'll feel better after you take a shower the next day and you'll want to put on some regular clothes. So bring your most comfy (loose) clothes and you'll be fine.

I wore my hospital gown and had a pretty pink robe with me that my hubby put over my shoulders to walk in. I did so well that I got to go home the next day.

Good luck to you!

What did you wear in the hospital for the time you were there? Did you put pj pants on? Wear yogas during the day?

I had a cathedar post-op until the next morning, so I stayed in the hospital gown and a robe when I was walking (the hospital gown was actually a side-tying one so no exposure and it was pretty comfortable). When the cathedar came out,I showered it was stretch pants and a soft top until I went home. I stayed comfy for the next few days.

I wore hospital gowns the entire time. Usually just one' date=' but if I was leaving my room to walk I put on a second one facing backwards to make sure I wasn't flashing people.

I had an IV pole and a drain the first day I was there - I think it would have been hard for me to maneuver with those things in anything other than a hospital gown.[/quote']

Not to mention having to take on and off pants and underwear to use the bathroom with a sore tummy!

That's right Fit2btied! Especially since with all those IV fluids I was using the toilet just about every hour! :blink:

I too just wore the hospital gown for the enritre 48 hrs. I had an iv most of the time and its a pain for the nurse to string it thru the sleeve of ur own clothes. I forgot I was evn having tummy surgery and brought jeans to go home in. Thankfully they were jeans that were a little loose. But I should've brought something stretchier

I too just wore the hospital gown for the enritre 48 hrs. I had an iv most of the time and its a pain for the nurse to string it thru the sleeve of ur own clothes. I forgot I was evn having tummy surgery and brought jeans to go home in. Thankfully they were jeans that were a little loose. But I should've brought something stretchier

I just don't want my junk hanging out. Lol

I just don't want my junk hanging out. Lol

You can wear shorts, silly! They have nuthin to do with ur IV...