Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

I have a question.. If you're cruising a long losing weight, maybe even before your first fill, will the Dr. not fill you as long as you continue to do well? Does he get feedback from you on what you're eating? Getting over filled sounds really sucky. I'm not a snacker or a junk food person...more of a big portion kind of guy. Before you had a fill, could you sit down and eat a whole porterhouse with all of the fixins?

Also, I've got this pretty nasty after taste in my mouth and my wife says my breath stinks now. Maybe has something to do with slimfast shakes or Soup. Anyway, it's gross and makes me not want to eat at all anyway... I think I barely squeezed in 500 calories today.

Was directed to this site by Hazel and am so glad I checked it out. Now that I'm caught up after 2 days of reading the 85 pages, I'll post about me. :mad:

I'm "penciled" in for my surgery on March 30th. I have an appointment with surgeon Thursday for what...I'm not sure. I was just approved last week. I'm not sure what to expect from this first appointment and really hoping everything that he wants done can be done before the 30th so my surgery can happen then.

I appreciate all the things you guys have been sharing and identify in some way with each of you.

I was just telling my husband today that for some reason I have this underlying anger going on right now and I don't know why. After reading through the posts this morning I think you guys have helped me figure it out. I am a confessed food addict and so even though I am so glad I'm getting this opportunity and I've wanted it for awhile now, I'm still angry with the way it's going to affect my relationship with food. Like an addict about to be sent to rehab, I'm just mad in general. It's not at anyone specific or anything...just mad in general. Anyways, the husband has been warned and he's so sweet and supportive, he just gave me a hug when I was telling him all this earlier. He didn't try and say anything or try and "fix" it because it's not something that can be fixed. The way I see it, it's just part of the phase transition that is occuring in my life and "this too shall pass."

Look forward to continuing to read and follow everyones progress.

Medge

You are so right on. I am 4 days post-op depressed and angry. I'm bored out of my mind and all I can think of is food! I know I'm not really that hungry. It's times like these that I really realize how much I depended on food to make things better or to make me feel good. I never knew how much it meant to me. I am also a recovering alcoholic/drug addict, sober now about 5 years and I can say my addiction with food is much stronger. This will pass you are right.

Stacy

I have a question.. If you're cruising a long losing weight, maybe even before your first fill, will the Dr. not fill you as long as you continue to do well? Does he get feedback from you on what you're eating? Getting over filled sounds really sucky. I'm not a snacker or a junk food person...more of a big portion kind of guy. Before you had a fill, could you sit down and eat a whole porterhouse with all of the fixins?

Also, I've got this pretty nasty after taste in my mouth and my wife says my breath stinks now. Maybe has something to do with slimfast shakes or Soup. Anyway, it's gross and makes me not want to eat all anyway... I think I barely squeezed in 500 calories today.

From what I understand from my Dr. (AND every Dr. in our office is even different) if you are losing weight, he will not put in a fill~ butthole!

If I am down weight from surgery when I can go for a fill I am going to put rolls of quarters in my pockets~no joking!

The taste in your mouth~hmmmm I am very curious on this because a couple of us ended up with mouth issues post surgery. My tongue turned black (a reaction from a powerful antibiotic I was on). But it was interesting a few ppl reported similiar things with their tongue just a couple days post surgery. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Mine too was with a yucky taste, that is what made me look in my mouth.

Also, I've got this pretty nasty after taste in my mouth and my wife says my breath stinks now. Maybe has something to do with slimfast shakes or Soup. Anyway, it's gross and makes me not want to eat all anyway... I think I barely squeezed in 500 calories today.

I wonder if this is part of the ketosis (sp) that happens to us when we start losing weight. It is the chemical reaction of the breaking down of the fat for energy and not using food for energy, because there is none available... Just my 2 cents.

OK tonight I was able to eat about a cup of food but I have not had a fill yet ( I go next Monday) it's still less than I usually eat but I don't feel uncomfortable so I am guess I'm ok what do you think (anyone)

My surgery was scheduled for today but Dr. Adams thought that with being on antibiotics for sinus infection we better postpone it for now. I am discouraged about having to do 10 more days of the pre-op liquids. I have done 2 weeks already and lost 18 pounds. I am trying to hang in there but it is really hard! They called me and said my new date is 3/29/07. Another countdown is on!

Angie, you just hang in there girl. At least they are not willing to risk your life. Only nine days then, you can do it:clap2: . You don't have to stay totally on the liquids til the 29th do you?

Gail

Glad to hear it's working out great for you Hazel. We shall see how mine turns out. Its tomorrow, I probably won't be able to sleep a wink tonight.

Eclipse

Best Wishes tomorrow Eclipse!

sounds good Machelle. you could be on to something. I tell you, the worst part of all of this has been covering it up with my friends and family...I'm a closet bandster.

Ok so hi everyone. I am getting ready to fly to mexico in the Morning. Then bday on Thursday....... I am surprisingly calm. I feel like cleaning though. hahaha. (Wish my dh would) Yes he is getting banded too. So wish us luck and I will let you all know how I feel on the other side.....:thumb:

CrazyCran - 03/21

lilnena - 03/21

blondylocks - 03/21

Famos - 03/21

eclipse - 03/21

dawnie1856 - 03/21

anon - 03/21

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

alaverde, hang in there!!! Treat yourself to another meal then get back on liquids. The 29th will be here before you know it!

Kyethra, I hope you are feeling better today!

Karen, my prayers go out to you and your Dad and I hope you are feeling better today!

Rowdy, I've had that nasty taste in my mouth and horrible breath even before I had surgery. It started shortly after starting the pre-op diet. I agree with Machele, I think it does have something to do with ketosis, and it's supposed to clear up when we return to regular food.

Glogirl, I think a cup of food is good. It doesn't sound like you over did it. Good Luck on Monday!!! Can't wait to start reading about everyone's fills!

:welcome2: Medge and stacy16!!!!! I feel very sad and angry myself sometimes, but I know I've made the right decision. It is just going to take some time to adjust and to get my emotions in check. Yes, it will pass!

chatgirl6, Have a safe trip and a complication free surgery! Can't wait to hear from you!

I hope everyone is doing well and Congratulations to all those newly banded!!!! :mad:

Thanks Tammy just needed to bounce that off somebody!!! You have a great day and glad you are doing well.

Good luck to everyone being banded today!!1:D

Chatgirl and Chatgirls hubby!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun in Mexico and be sure to post when you feel up to it!

TammyJ: when are you going to weigh????

Hope everyone else is doing great! I feel for those in bandster hell right now... (the time of no restriction before your first fill)

Just think, by the time I get banded you all will be working on fill number 2!

TammyJ: when are you going to weigh????

I actually weighed-in at the hospital last night and have lost 4 lbs since surgery. That's 4lbs in 5 days so I can't complain. Total loss is 17lbs since starting my pre-op diet!!! :clap2:

Congradulations everyone on your weight losses, and Good Luck to all those who are being banded this month. My Prayers and thoughts are with you, and I look forward to hearing everyones progress each and every day.