Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

I think if you added up everything you ate today,that you are still under 1500 calories which IMHO would be a max that we should eat.

Sometimes because we think that dieting is so rough, that we "set our selves up" to be unforgiving for our minor tiny little slips (slips not fall off and break, just a little slip)

Hey, I asked Chris the other night if he had to show a list of foods he is eating and how much but he hasn't answered it yet. Did you? I haven't been keeping track of it all.

I have my first doc appt. on Tues.

I actually have this ben and jerry's apple pie ice cream I have been saving to try... LOL I feel so proud of myself saving it like I have been.

My nose does not get along with my band. Today I was experienceing some post nasal drip. Its a problem I have- I have sinus and allergy problems. Since the banding on Wed I have been taking oral guiafenesin and little tiny sudafeds (usually I take one big ole combo pill that is a 12 hour guiafenesin and sudafed combo). I also take two nose sprays and zyrtec and hydroxezine. But since I'm on the liquid vicoden i'm just taking the hydroxezine more and not the zyrtec (they are actually chemically related, zyrtec is derived from hydroxezine). But I still get nasal issues. So tonight some post nasal drip struck. So I was standing over the sink spitting it out and waiting for it to go away but it didn't work and it ended up irritated my tummy and I ended up throwing up. I only had about two sips of slimfast in me so it wasn't a big deal and I felt better afterwards. But I was miserable for a while because then I was burping constantly and tons of gas and pressure and then I got the hiccups. What I did was first I tried some kaoepectate. That really helped soothe my tummy. Then the stupid hiccups wouldn't stop so I had a tiny bit of creamy Peanut Butter because that always works for me and it worked this time too. So then I took another sudafed since I had thrown up recently after I took the first one and soon I was doing better. About to go to sleep here.

But man those sinuses are going to cause trouble if I don't watch it...

Hi all!! Congrats and goodluck to everyone who is getting banded!! You will do just fine.

Holy cow, there have been alot of posts, I wiill add my answers , maybe not personals..but here goes.

I had had both Constipation and the runs. I second the colace , it does work great and is not harsh. I am eating a couple of hi-fiber crackers with my tunafish and that helps too. The tunafish is great by the way-takes a longtime to eat i can and do eat the whole can- i feel like i really need the Protein to feel full.

I don't have a ticker Bikergirl- (I might have to call pam too)I started at 248..ack i can't even believe that. By the way i loved your bikes in the picture i saw in your garage.

I don't think I have great restriction. but what I do have is not the same every day. Saturday I had a ton and Sunday I WAS HUNGRY and grumpy because I just wanted to eat and not worry about all the band stuff. I was happy to go to bed. I am officially eating real food and it is going well. Last night I had a chicken patty and half of a sweet potato and alittle brocoli smushed up. It took ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng time to eat and honestly I was still hungry but that was it for the night.

I don't have any advice on taking meds cause i don't take any but i heard that the pudding thing works great and they always use that in nursing homes to get meds down.

My incisions are good - i DO get pain after walking around for awhile I guess that will go away after while- does anyone else get that?

Pam, I agree with you about eating. I think this is going to be alot lot easier to deal with if we have a steady learning curve and not make ourselves crazy with the "forbidden"foods.

BTW- who is chris?

That's about it- off to buy bedding for the babies. They BOTH went into big peoples beds in the last 2 weeks and I need extra bedding. I'm going to Ikea and have to feed my candle addiction. Anyone else love candles??

It is almost spring in Russia- the snow is almost gone THANK-GOD!!!!!!!!!

On my way to bandland. Hope to be back in a few hours. Good luck to my bandsisters! Our new life begins today! Love and prayers, Karen

On my way to bandland. Hope to be back in a few hours. Good luck to my bandsisters! Our new life begins today! Love and prayers, Karen

Good luck! I'll be saying a prayer for you today! Let us know how are when you feel like it!:eek:

WendyJ - 03/19

vcarozzolo - 03/19

ebony868 - 03/19

SueA - 03/19

demmemoon - 03/19

momlambert - 03/19

ladybug390 - 03/19

Theresa Ann - 03/19

berry - 03/19

deshar - 03/19

purplemonkey - 03/19

lindsay - 03/19

charsweb - 03/19

:gluck: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I know I'm getting closer and closer everyday. Tomorrow will be my 7th day on the Optifast 14 Day liquid Diet! Getting Banded 3/27/07 I thought as each day goes by it may get a little easier. But the past two days have been very, very tuff! I haven't gone off course, but this is a Monster Hurdle. Sometimes it's hunger pain, and others I just want to chew and swallow something. I mean I've been eating some s/f Jello and Popsicles, chicken broth, but just a temporary fix. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not going to cave in, but I'm just looking for some imput?

Thanks Rocko~~:help:

:welcomeB: Rockn4u and Good Luck with your surgery!!! I was also allowed 2-3oz of lean meat a day. It doesn't sound like much, but that half a can of tuna or half of a chicken breast was a real treat and I looked forward to it everyday. See if your nutritionist will allow this. I know it its hard, but hang in there and let us know how you're doing. :eek:

Hang in there Rocko.. Luckily, I was really slammed at work during my preop diet.

Tammy, how you doin? Pain and nauseau are pretty much gone. Feeling a little weak though this afternoon. GOing to try and work all day tomorrow. This is the first time I've sat in the house for 3 days since i was a fat kid on summer vacation :eek: . Watched Al Gore's documentary on Global Warming and did my taxes...

I'm feeling alot better this morning. I thought I was feeling good enough to stop taking my pain meds yesterday too, but after going for a short walk around the neighborhood I was in alot of pain. I took my pain meds again last night and slept like a baby. I am glad your nauseau is gone. Take it easy at work today!

new to site - scheduled for march 27 go for pre-op diet instructions tomorrow - i really want to be thinner - not skinny - and i hope i am making the right decision - a lot of money to spend to be wrong

:welcomeB: lisa!!!!!! Good Luck To You and believe me it will be well worth it!!!!

I have a HUGE tip for people who are allowed to eat really good food; maybe I should be posting in February.

Go to the frozen vegtable section, and in the little boxes of frozen food, there are steam pouches in boxes, and tonight I ate snap peas with red peppers and potatoes (only two potatoes) OMG perfectly seasoned and it was a snap to fix, slapped it into the micro and it was perfectly prepared, I also ate a few bites of seared ahi tuna.< /p>

This meal was probably one of the first that I think I ate within correct portions (about 1/4-1/2 cup of food). I chewed chewed chewed chewed. But it was like being in a fine restaurant good.

Pam..

I just love your posts, full of information. I am feeling kinda punky right now. I just know it is from hunger. I am a big chocaholic and have not had any in over 8 days and what do you think I am craving?? Salmom!! Go figure...my band likes salmon!!

Okay heres the question for anyone. What is the amount we are supposed to eat? Half a cup for the whole meal or half a cup of Protein and half for veg etc. I am scared to eat to much so have been sticking to half a cup.

I hope I still can have surgery tomorrow. I will be finished with my pre-op diet and down 18 pounds in 2 weeks. However, I had to start an antibiotic this weekend for sinus and chest congestion troubles. I will find out this afternoon if they will still let me get the surgery. It is some better but I dread coughing after surgery. Did anyone else get sick before the surgery? What did your doctor do? Thanks!:think

I weigh 202-205(BMI 35) and am self pay. I have been to two seminars, but my first actual appointment with the doctor is 3/22. I hope to be banded the next day or the following monday. I too am very commiteed and have done much research. The one thing they did not cover in the seminar is that unti your first fill (which from this board I gather does not happen from one to two months) you are on your own and can get very hungry. Good luck.

Pam..

I just love your posts, full of information. I am feeling kinda punky right now. I just know it is from hunger. I am a big chocaholic and have not had any in over 8 days and what do you think I am craving?? Salmom!! Go figure...my band likes salmon!!

Okay heres the question for anyone. What is the amount we are supposed to eat? Half a cup for the whole meal or half a cup of Protein and half for veg etc. I am scared to eat to much so have been sticking to half a cup.

Scarlett, are you eating real foods already? I was banded on the 15th as well and I am still on liquids. I have an appt w/ my surgeon next Monday and will graduate to mushies next week. I know everyone's post-op instructions are different, but it seems everyone is moving on to solid foods so quickly.

I hope I still can have surgery tomorrow. I will be finished with my pre-op diet and down 18 pounds in 2 weeks. However, I had to start an antibiotic this weekend for sinus and chest congestion troubles. I will find out this afternoon if they will still let me get the surgery. It is some better but I dread coughing after surgery. Did anyone else get sick before the surgery? What did your doctor do? Thanks!:think

I hope everything works out for you. I did catch a head cold the week of surgery, but it didn't stop anything. Let us know what happens!