Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

chatgirl6 & DH - 03/22

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Karen, I'm so glad everything worked out and you found enough energy to visit your Dad. Prayers go out to you and your family!

Janine, Mrs. Husker, and TRANAM, Congratulations on being banded!!! It's good to hear you all are doing well! Keep us posted!

Sara Mos, your day is approaching fast!!! :clap2:

Magnolia, Congratulations!!!!! You made it onderland!! I can't wait to get there with ya!

:welcome2: Denise and Nikki and Congratulations on being banded!!!

:update:

Well, I had surgery exactly one week ago today and I am happy to say that I am feeling GREAT! Aside from the grumbling noises my stomach makes all the time I have no problems to speak of. I am ready for this gassy feeling to pass because it is a little embarrasing, but I hear it may take another week or so. I am not on any pain meds and I am able to sleep on my sides and even on my stomach for part of the night. My incisions are looking good. They are still covered by steri strips, but I can tell my surgeon made really small incisions. After 3 weeks of being on liquids, I am ready for some real food. I have an appt. with my surgeon on Monday and will be able to start mushies then. Only 4 more days to go!!! :clap2: I am looking forward to having grits and eggs and tuna salad. I'm gonna try the ricotta cheese recipe magnolia gave. The foods that I'm used to cooking are not what I should be eating during the mushie stage or during any stage. I am going to check the food thread on this board for ideas, but if anyone has any good mushie recipes or ideas they would like to share, please do.

Thanks for listening! :biggrin1:

Hello. I am new. I was banded on March 16, 2006. I must say i was not expecting SOOOOOO MUCH PAIN. I was scheduled to stay over night b/c my insurance would pay for it. (Thank the LORD). I do not know how people go home the same day. I could not use the bathroom so They put a catherder (Spelling) in. The remove it the next day and I was able to go. Today I am doing better. I did develope thrash on my tongue (yuck). My doctor called in some meds. He said it happens sometimes after surgery. I am feeling much better!!!!! I hate to scare anyone but the pain was awfull. I am pretty tough too. Good Luck to all. I am still happy with my choice and look forward to a slim future.

Thanks.

TM I agree I don't know how people go home the same day.

It truly feels like a c section only higher.

You are usually out of work for 8 weeks after a c section, I am hoping for dramatic improvement.

To the veterans out there, I literally feel like my toroso is in a vice, or like a person is sitting on me. I kinda hate to breathe. What do you think?

Magnolia I can't wait to have your receipe. I have a question though can we have the gooey cheese baked on top. Won't that go down bad?

Whoever suggested the heating pad, your a life saver, it feels so good.:)

I can't wait to have COCO Wheats, I love it. Would that be considered full liquid?

Michale out in Denver, how are you doing?

I gained those 6 lbs while on the IV's I am happy to report 48 hours later the lbs are gone. Yeah!

Hello. I am new. I was banded on March 16, 2006. I must say i was not expecting SOOOOOO MUCH PAIN. I was scheduled to stay over night b/c my insurance would pay for it. (Thank the LORD). I do not know how people go home the same day. I could not use the bathroom so They put a catherder (Spelling) in. The remove it the next day and I was able to go. Today I am doing better. I did develope thrash on my tongue (yuck). My doctor called in some meds. He said it happens sometimes after surgery. I am feeling much better!!!!! I hate to scare anyone but the pain was awfull. I am pretty tough too. Good Luck to all. I am still happy with my choice and look forward to a slim future.

Thanks.

:welcomeB: tm1019 and Congratulations on being banded. I hope your pain is gone and you are feeling better now! Keep us posted!

I am joining the March 2007 group this Monday! So far have lost 11 pounds during the 2 week liquid phase. Unfortunately most of that was gained recently on "my good by to food" tour :) Even so, starting to feel better. My surgeon has his patients on Clear Liquids for 5-7 days post op and then onto creamy liquids for a week then and only then possibly mushies. I have noticed so many different ways people handle their band and post op. Main thing is taking the step and making the choice to live healthier!! Can't wait for my band :)

I am sitting in a hotel room drinking chamomile tea. Seems I do better with warm liquids. Last night I had the DR Kuri dinner from the hotel and it was Jello cubes, broth and apple juice. The Jello cubes were yummy but I noticed if I did not let it dissolve in my mouth I could feel it going down the stomach. A little discomfort.

I feel almost giddy....kinda nice .....will chat back at ya later.

Hi, Thanks for all the support and glad people are appreciating my "recipe" if you can call it that:)

Now that the operative pain has mostly subsided I am starting to question this whole thing. Everytime I read about another food that people cannot eat, I realize that as much as I read before surery I did not really know how many foods may not be tolerated with the band. I thought that the adjustment would be smaller quantities of most foods, more chewing, no drinking while eating and no soft bread or dry chicken. I was prepared for that, but didn't realize that I would not be ablle to bite into an apple and enjoy it etc etc...I am just not sure that I would have gone through with all of this if I had known the details.

But on the other hand, I really need to lose weight for my health, high blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar. Maybe I am going through a post-operative depression. anyone else questioning their decision at this point?

I am joining the March 2007 group this Monday! So far have lost 11 pounds during the 2 week liquid phase. Unfortunately most of that was gained recently on "my good by to food" tour :) Even so, starting to feel better. My surgeon has his patients on clear liquids for 5-7 days post op and then onto creamy liquids for a week then and only then possibly mushies. I have noticed so many different ways people handle their band and post op. Main thing is taking the step and making the choice to live healthier!! Can't wait for my band :)

Welcome and Good Luck!!!!! :)

Maybe I am going through a post-operative depression. anyone else questioning their decision at this point?

I think the "what the hell have I done to myself" phase is pretty normal. It is a big change we are undertaking.

I think alot of what people can and can't eat has to do with how restricted people are. As far biting into an apple peel and all or popping big purple grapes in my mouth - yea I will miss that.

But not being morbidly obese is much more important to me than popping grapes.

also - anesthetic can cause a little weepiness or depression short time. I have had 14 surgeries (the lap band being the 14th) and after every one I had a few days of unexplained depression about a week or two out. It will get better.

Hi, Thanks for all the support and glad people are appreciating my "recipe" if you can call it that:)

Now that the operative pain has mostly subsided I am starting to question this whole thing. Everytime I read about another food that people cannot eat, I realize that as much as I read before surery I did not really know how many foods may not be tolerated with the band. I thought that the adjustment would be smaller quantities of most foods, more chewing, no drinking while eating and no soft bread or dry chicken. I was prepared for that, but didn't realize that I would not be ablle to bite into an apple and enjoy it etc etc...I am just not sure that I would have gone through with all of this if I had known the details.

But on the other hand, I really need to lose weight for my health, high blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar. Maybe I am going through a post-operative depression. anyone else questioning their decision at this point?

I don't question my decision, but I do get a little sad and frustrated that I won't be able to eat some of the things I used to and definitely not as much. I also get a little angry at myself for having to have this surgery. I needed to have this surgery to be healthier and happier and I am glad I had it done even if it means missing out on certain foods.

Sue in Russia;

I do have anxiety attacks but I did not panic because I have read these posts and have read and read and read about PBing.

So I just went through the motions and kept telling myself I could always go to the hospital IF things got unbearable but I think I knew more about this situation than an ER Dr.

I knew it would pass if I could PB.