Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Hi Everyone!

hows everyones week been? Well started my diet last Sunday, 2 nights I kind of blew it, I had red wine...one night I was stressed, and another night I was celebrating getting some good news (work related) so ummm not really sure on weight loss. Although I saw the surgeon last saturday, Ive not had a letter back or anything? I'll have to phone the hospital on Monday I think and find out whats happening, because apart from knowing my surgery is the 1st week of April, I dont have an actually day :) .

So hows everynes diets going? Hey, Ive decided to take up gardening again, might actually get me exercising again!

Have a great week!

Sara x

Well Sara, I'm not doing too well with my diet. I have 12 days left before I have to start liquids. I think I'm going through that last supper syndrome and have been eating any and everything. I feel like a stuffed pig. I am so tired of stuffing my face and ready for this madness to end! :phanvan I was so determined to start a low carb diet to jump start my weight loss, but so much for that. I am hoping to start low carb on the 26th...to get my mind right :decision: and on to full liquids starting March 1st. Wish me luck!!!

P.S. I hope you get your date soon!!! :biggrin1:

I'm quite disgusted with myself today from this past week of eating badly. Last night I had 3 pieces of pizza Hut Pizza, a bread stick, and topped that off with ice cream. :faint:

I had a major carb hangover and was ill most of the night, and swore I would start low-carb today - blew that already!! I have GOT to stop this. I know that I HAVE to start my Liquid Protein diet on the 26th, but I am now taking an oath to all of you that I will start a low carb diet on the 19th and then ease into the liquid Protein on the 26th. I'll do 2 weeks instead of the one my Dr. recommended. I'm feeling yucky :)

This just further justifies that I NEED this surgery!!

I'm quite disgusted with myself today from this past week of eating badly. Last night I had 3 pieces of pizza Hut Pizza, a bread stick, and topped that off with ice cream. :faint:

I had a major carb hangover and was ill most of the night, and swore I would start low-carb today - blew that already!! I have GOT to stop this. I know that I HAVE to start my liquid Protein diet on the 26th, but I am now taking an oath to all of you that I will start a low carb diet on the 19th and then ease into the liquid protein on the 26th. I'll do 2 weeks instead of the one my Dr. recommended. I'm feeling yucky :)

This just further justifies that I NEED this surgery!!

Hang in there Sophie248

My surgery is the 5th as well. You can do this. A friend of mine told me if the doctor said you couldn't have the surgery unless you did this you would do it right. I thought about it and agreed. The first 3 days of the low carb was very hard. But as the week went on it got better!!!

Just another reason to do this band deal!! We are carb addicts I think ( at least that's how I have felt about it this past week):)

Hello to everyone... I am new on this site. I started my journey with the informational meeting in November 2006. Insurance approved February 2007 and now I am scheduled for the lapband on March 12. Is there anyone from Missouri on this post?

Welcome Sharon67!!! Good Luck to You and I will add you to our list! :biggrin1:

Sophie248, It's good to know that I am not alone. I need all the inspiration, motivation and encouragement I can get so please let us know how you are doing. :)

I'm being banded on March 6. I'm also a type ll diabetic and suffer from pcos, fatty liver, chronic fatifue, and fibromyalgia. For some reason this past friday I found myself feeling depressed, not sure if it's related to being banded. I'm anxious and excited to lose the weight but I'm also wondering how the weight loss will effect me afterwards. Have spent so many years as a caretaker and feels strange to be taking care of myself this time, almost a guilty feeling.

Char, there is nothing wrong with being a little selfish and taking care of you. You will be glad you did. Congratulations and Welcome!!!

WOOHOOOOOO!!!! So many new March Bandsters joining us today!!!:bounce:

how can I get my tickers to go on to this post? Can someone please tell me?

Go to User CP, click on edit signature then paste the code into your signature.

Hello Char, and welcome to the March Bandsters. I am not from MO but just wanted to let you know I know how you feel. I don't think I make a good patient either. I have always enjoyed taking care of others. It is probably high time you did something for yourself that really counts. It sounds like you need it and most of all deserve it. You have to take care of you if you want to continue to help others. I will be a March Bandster also. Take care, keep us posted on how you are doing. Don't feel guilty! You deserve this!

I think I have it now....(my ticker , that is) I was on a previous forum and everyone was going to Mexico to have the surgery. That is not the case with people here is it? I live in Missouri and am having my surgery here.

I think I have it now....(my ticker , that is) I was on a previous forum and everyone was going to Mexico to have the surgery. That is not the case with people here is it? I live in Missouri and am having my surgery here.

There are quite a few people on this board who go to Mexico for their surgeries, but there are tons of us who are having it done in our own area. Either way, there is alot of good information on this board.

Hi, I'm Joan from Fort Wayne, IN.

I just received notification that I have been approved for the lapband :clap2: and my first appointment is this coming thursday. I have been viewing this board for a couple of weeks now, and I have been really encouraged by listening to everyone (those who have been banded and those like me that are waiting).

I kind of go from being excited to being a little fearful. Fearful I guess of what to expect. :nervous

I agree... fearful... I am fearful of negative outcome related to surgery and that maybe I won't be able to follow my pre op 10 day liquid diet or that maybe I will go through all of this and never lose the weight. Then on the other hand I am excited I am starting to picture myself normal size. I do not want to be thin. I want to be average. My husband bought me gift certificates to old navy where I like to shop for Christmas. I am saving them for me to buy a new size of clothes. That is one of my incentives... I may not want to wear what others are wearing, but I want that option to choose not to wear it.!! I am really scared and nervous, I work in the healthcare field and I see daily the negative outcome of any surgery and this literally scares me. But on the other hand, I have acquired high blood pressure, so this could kill me. So I am just in limbo right now.

Hi, I am Joan, I have posted in a couple places on this board, but I'm not sure I was doing it right, because I never got a reply. But, I'm new, have just been approved this past week, and will have my first visit with the doctor this coming thursday. I have been this board for a couple of months now and hope to have someone to encourage me as I go through this. I am from Indiana, 50 years old and kind of nervous.