Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

I'm just gonna vent for bit...hope you don't mind.

DH...can I change that to AH? for a**hole?

He sits on the couch all weekend and either plays internet games or watch Sponge bob and jimmy neutron. I have no help with housework. I do Everything. Cook, laundry, appointments for kids, entertain & play w/ kids (it's either too hot or too cold for him to go outside) snowblow the driveway, mow the lawn.....everything!

Did I mention I work 36 hours a week?

I got mad yesterday which accomplished nothing.

I need to talk to him, again about this today when i'm not so angry.

I already know this is going to effect my recovery time from surgery. He's already annoyed that he will have to take the kids to the bus stop and the other to daycare for me next Thur/Fri. not to mention take a day off on Wed for surgery, and bring me home on Thur.

My sister is helping by picking up the kids after school, but will immediately drop them off to me at 4pm. I will be expected to cook them dinner and do the normal stuff, baths, homework etc... Even the day after surgery.

He does own his own business and it hasn't been very profitable the past month and money is a big issue. He's really stressed, I am too.

We do have issues to work out but usually I just get a guilt trip about how I don't support him in his business and he wishes he never opened the shop and if he could be home every night before 8pm he would...blah blah blah.

when he is home he sits on his a** and believes since he works so much he deserves some down time. but all the time?

gotta get the kids bkfast, think i'll have a Protein shake..love the muscle milk light to get pre-om protein.

thanks for listening.

OK, what's the heating pad for? I have one (old) but haven't used it. What will it make feel better?

I had my first CREAMY Soup this morning. Campbell's Velvety potato, strained. I never thought soup could taste so good :girl_hug:

OK, what's the heating pad for? I have one (old) but haven't used it. What will it make feel better?

I had my first CREAMY Soup this morning. Campbell's Velvety potato, strained. I never thought soup could taste so good :girl_hug:

It is the miracle cure for the "gas pangs"

Put it on where you feel the gas pangs and it will help I swear!

It is the miracle cure for the "gas pangs"

Put it on where you feel the gas pangs and it will help I swear!

Ah, OK. I haven't really had any so I guess that's why I haven't searched for solutions.

Don't get me wrong, I have the gas, lol. Accompanied by a lovely diarrhea (TMI), but no pain or even feelings of the gas. Sometimes I hear it gurgling :girl_hug:

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all of that. Please, if there is anyone that can help you for at least the two days after.. solicit help. Take care of yourself.. you deserve it.

:hug:

Tracy

I'm just gonna vent for bit...hope you don't mind.

DH...can I change that to AH? for a**hole?

He sits on the couch all weekend and either plays internet games or watch Sponge bob and jimmy neutron. I have no help with housework. I do Everything. Cook, laundry, appointments for kids, entertain & play w/ kids (it's either too hot or too cold for him to go outside) snowblow the driveway, mow the lawn.....everything!

Did I mention I work 36 hours a week?

I got mad yesterday which accomplished nothing.

I need to talk to him, again about this today when i'm not so angry.

I already know this is going to effect my recovery time from surgery. He's already annoyed that he will have to take the kids to the bus stop and the other to daycare for me next Thur/Fri. not to mention take a day off on Wed for surgery, and bring me home on Thur.

My sister is helping by picking up the kids after school, but will immediately drop them off to me at 4pm. I will be expected to cook them dinner and do the normal stuff, baths, homework etc... Even the day after surgery.

He does own his own business and it hasn't been very profitable the past month and money is a big issue. He's really stressed, I am too.

We do have issues to work out but usually I just get a guilt trip about how I don't support him in his business and he wishes he never opened the shop and if he could be home every night before 8pm he would...blah blah blah.

when he is home he sits on his a** and believes since he works so much he deserves some down time. but all the time?

gotta get the kids bkfast, think i'll have a Protein shake..love the muscle milk light to get pre-om protein.

thanks for listening.

Actually, i don't have too much in the way of gas pain either. But, my port sight was hurting and i just put it on top of my t-shirt..ah lovely. Ok- good news -poop accomplished. TMI , I know.

Can i just say that tonite i was hungry and my family had some of my favorites. Steak,pasta with sauce ,salad and here's the killer..garlic bread. I am on soft/mushie so i made myself soft baked ricotta and Tomato sauce. Had my cup serving and you know, it was delish. I needed to get some protein..I was hungry. I also made homemade applesauce for tomorrow. It looks yummy. I will blend some cottage cheese in. I am staying with soft for a bit. I have to admit i am alittle intimidated by food right now. I get kinda freaked that I will get sick. I know it's a learning curve..i have to be patient and learn this one step at a time.

Synicalchick- how are you feeling?

mary- shame on him- is he perhaps dealing with the surgery in his own way? does he have a weight problem? Sometimes i think partners have a hard time b/c they are losing their eating partner? I have no idea if that's you guys, but i know my husband had alittle of that. My husband will do anything in the world for me.........if I ask, it usually doesn't just occur to him.He makes me nuts sometimes but he is definitely my other half. What can you do??

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY PAM!! :girl_hug: Do you know what I do with my hubby now re birthdays and christmas? Well....lol, let me tell ya, I lok around in my favorite shops etc, then I take him along and I say 'I want that one for my birthday, xmas etc' and say...shall we go in and buy it now? Or, I cut out pics in magazines, or catalogs and say these are the things I like/want.....and leave it up to him to buy which one he feels like.

One christmas, when we were first married, I explained that my parents always used to do 'stockings' ok for christmas eve...so I said oh lets do one for each other....so christmas morning arrived, all excitedly I opend my stocking...do you know what was in it?????? There was a packet of mints, flee powder (the flat we had just bought had flees in from the cat they had) a miniture bottle of egg nog stuff etc....well I was :censored: mad to say the least...ever since then, I have to prompt him and kindly/directly show what I consider nice! Sad state of affairs, but after 20 years it works quite well now.....lol

Tammy and all of you having surgery this week 'Big Hugs' let us know how it goes for you all ok :girl_hug:

I feel great today. Finally turned that corner.

Yinfec is under control & I can totally sleep on my side now!

Thursday I went to bed (the 1st night I was able to sleep on my side) and I woke up 14 hours later! I needed it.

We have been blessed with BEAUTIFUL GORGEOUS weather today. I'm sitting here at my computer, ate my prune yogurt, drinking my coffee, have the patio door open, birds are chirping, my windchimes are chiming, the smell of burning sage is in the air and all is right with the world. I may even be able to talk DH into walking at the zoo today. Nasvhille has a really beautiful zoo and I have a membership.

I hope no one has been discouraged by my whiny post, I just wanted to be as honest as factual as possible because I like to know what's up before hand.

Now that I'm on the other side of things, I know I've done the right thing and I'm really excited about my future. I have a normal to small sized husband, he married me at almost my top weight, so I'm excited to see where this takes our relationship as we are able to do more outdoor activites together.

Mary, know that I will be thinking of you. Hang in there and stay strong sister :hug:

I hope no one has been discouraged by my whiny post, I just wanted to be as honest as factual as possible because I like to know what's up before hand.

:girl_hug:

Tracy

Actually, i don't have too much in the way of gas pain either. But, my port sight was hurting and i just put it on top of my t-shirt..ah lovely. Ok- good news -poop accomplished. TMI , I know.

Can i just say that tonite i was hungry and my family had some of my favorites. Steak,pasta with sauce ,salad and here's the killer..garlic bread. I am on soft/mushie so i made myself soft baked ricotta and Tomato sauce. Had my cup serving and you know, it was delish. I needed to get some protein..I was hungry. I also made homemade applesauce for tomorrow. It looks yummy. I will blend some cottage cheese in. I am staying with soft for a bit. I have to admit i am alittle intimidated by food right now. I get kinda freaked that I will get sick. I know it's a learning curve..i have to be patient and learn this one step at a time.

Synicalchick- how are you feeling?

mary- shame on him- is he perhaps dealing with the surgery in his own way? does he have a weight problem? Sometimes i think partners have a hard time b/c they are losing their eating partner? I have no idea if that's you guys, but i know my husband had alittle of that. My husband will do anything in the world for me.........if I ask, it usually doesn't just occur to him.He makes me nuts sometimes but he is definitely my other half. What can you do??

I'm really sorry you have to go though all that with your hubbies :girl_hug:

Makes me want to rent out mine. I will thank g-d once again for having him!

Good Luck and prayers to Tammyj. Keep up with the liquids baby, it help post op.

Thanks Bandstar!!!! I am feeling a bit nervous, probably just fear of the unknown, but I am READY!!!!!! :girl_hug:

Hi Tracy, wondered where you went? Glad you are back, I think we all missed you. I am like some of the rest of you, seemed like it would be such a long time before banding, then...All of a sudden there was a dozen things to do before surgery and I ran out of time! Now I sit here 4 days AFTER banding. I guess those things can wait now. I don't want to do any lifting and mess something up. 10 more days until I can eat something. Although Soup is certainly better than Sfast. I am sure I need to be drinking some more of those for the nutrition but haven't been able to yet. Each day gets a little better. Especially if I do a lot of walking. I go back for my post op visit Thurs. I am new at this but will be glad to answer any questions anyone might have.

Wow, I already knew I didn't want kids, maybe now I don't want to get married either! :girl_hug:

getting excited and more nervous as this day goes by... I am due at the hospital at 6am tomorrow. I have su[[osedly been on a 10 day liquid diet... I have cheated some throughout. and even more after my surgeon told me he did not even last on the 10 day of liquids and he cheated, he said just make wise choices if I did. I have tried my best and I went Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon with only liquids... tue, Wed,Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun little cheating..... I feel so giuilty!!!!

My surgery is in March...March 5th. I am still a little nervous too. I was waiting on ins. They denied first then we resubmitted and they approved so it was not fun while waiting....Iwas so nervous and unsure while waiting that I finally just said..OK lord I am giving this up to you if you want me to do this you are going to clear away the obstacles (ie insurance approval and my fears) and until then I am going to be a positive and proactive with my health...next day they called and said my inusrance approved it. There was a mistake in the original paper work. Don't know if any of you are religious but if you are prayer can help.

Thanks for starting the thread hopefully we can support each other and make it through. I start my pre-op diet Feb. 15! My Birthday is this weekend so I am feeling like one last hooray before my life makes a change.

You with regards to eating disorders I have one I am bulimarexic (not sure of spelling but it means both) Mostly right now I am a binge eater. I was never a purger as in vomiting. I asked my doc why would this work for me when nothing else has...He said because when you make a mistake it will be small because you will only have a small stomach. That really helped me.

Hope to hear from all of you soon.

:girl_hug:

HI, I also went through the wait of the dreaded Insurance stuff! I also have prayed as you and thank the Lord for my approval! My surgery will be on March 16th! I hope all goes well for you! Thanks! Kim