Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

OH MY GOSH>>> my thoughts are with you. I do have a question... If I read correctly, I think you posted that you had Fluid in your port???? This is the 1st I've heard of having any Fluid in your band that soon. Mine is empty and I won't be able to go in for my 1st fill for at least another week. Did I understand you correctly?

Having another great day today... This week starts my working full days.. FINALLY. didn't quite make it last week. Been sipping on vanilla chai Protein all a.m. and it's a little after noon and I was hungry so I'm eating my tuna and multigrain crackers. HOLY JEEZ. I'm not restricted really but big bites of tuna are a :eek: NO NO:kiss . I took two large/normal bites with a normal size fork (left kiddie spoons at home) and WHAM:faint: ... kind of very uncomfy. so... must stick with little bites. I have got to get myself trained before the 1st restriction, because as you can see from my previous post.. I REALLY don't care for pain.

T

I just had my lapband put on March 6. My surgery was around 11am and I was released from the hospital same day around 7pm, vomiting. I vomited and had excruciating pain all the way home until nxt day when my surgeon sent me to the ER. The ER didn't seem very busy but I was so sick that I didn't notice to much, but they didn't put me in a rm until 2hrs later. In the meantime, I went out to lay down in the car. Had to get that part off my chest because when someone is so deathly sick they need to find a place to put you the hospital. Anyway, they tried meds to stabilize my nausea enough to do a barium swallow. When they did the swallow my stomach was completely blocked off from swelling and imflammation. My surgeon came in and removed some fluid from port and I was admitted to the hospital. I was just released from hospital late last nite. It has been a ROUGH journey for me. My surgeon has never had this happen to any of her pts and in fact said her gastric bypass patients don't even stay in this long. Coming along slowly as of now but much better then last wk. I don't want to discourage people but please keep in mind complications can occur with the lapband. Thanks for letting me vent. Hoping to lose 90lbs.........

Hello all. Well, enough lurking for me finally. Please add me to the March bandster list, I have a surgery date of March 20, self pay with Dr. Ortiz. I have been following this thread with interest and thank everyone who has been through their surgery for sharing their experiences. My feelings are the same as everyone seems to express, a mixture of excitement, hope, nervousness, etc. LBT is a great forum and has been very helpful and informative for me.

Blessings, everyone.

I just had my lapband put on March 6. My surgery was around 11am and I was released from the hospital same day around 7pm, vomiting. I vomited and had excruciating pain all the way home until nxt day when my surgeon sent me to the ER. The ER didn't seem very busy but I was so sick that I didn't notice to much, but they didn't put me in a rm until 2hrs later. In the meantime, I went out to lay down in the car. Had to get that part off my chest because when someone is so deathly sick they need to find a place to put you the hospital. Anyway, they tried meds to stabilize my nausea enough to do a barium swallow. When they did the swallow my stomach was completely blocked off from swelling and imflammation. My surgeon came in and removed some Fluid from port and I was admitted to the hospital. I was just released from hospital late last nite. It has been a ROUGH journey for me. My surgeon has never had this happen to any of her pts and in fact said her gastric bypass patients don't even stay in this long. Coming along slowly as of now but much better then last wk. I don't want to discourage people but please keep in mind complications can occur with the lapband. Thanks for letting me vent. Hoping to lose 90lbs.........

Char;

Your story brought tears to my eyes.

Thank goodness you had the sense to get to ER!

I am 10 days post op and had "some" issues; nothing compared to yours, thank goodness they are behind you and they were overcome.

Even with those complications in 1 week from now you will still say it is worth it.

I eat so little and am sooooo satisfied, everyday I wake up thinking: am I really going to have restriction today or am I going to have to eat like I use to prior to banding and everyday so far I am sooooo happy to say the band it still working!!!! Yahoooo!

Go read some of my posts.... I tell it like it really is, and as of today I still say the band is one of the best things in my life.

home from being banded........ doing well..... will write more later, going to lie down while i can before kids home from school....etc.........

sharon

Couldn't think of much to post cause I'm still doing fine and all. Haven't really been hungry (except head hunger...I still want KFC sooooo bad!!). I've actually found that if I think about it, I've been having less than 500 calories a day. When I was on Clear liquids I was only around 100 calories a day. So now I have to figure out how to get more in. I've been eating something 3 or 4 times a day, but it's usually just a half cup or less of some sort of Soup or Protein shake. I feel fine, so I guess it's ok for now. I think I'm just so afraid of hurting myself before I'm healed!!! Only one and a half weeks til mushies!!!

P.S. OMG MY STOMACH ITCHES!!!!! Ok, had to get that out. :eek:

Hello all. Well, enough lurking for me finally. Please add me to the March bandster list, I have a surgery date of March 20, self pay with Dr. Ortiz. I have been following this thread with interest and thank everyone who has been through their surgery for sharing their experiences. My feelings are the same as everyone seems to express, a mixture of excitement, hope, nervousness, etc. LBT is a great forum and has been very helpful and informative for me.

Blessings, everyone.

:welcome2: amrdmr!!!!!! Thanks for joining us! Good Luck with your surgery and keep us posted!

Hello all March Banders:

I had my surgery on Monday 3-5-07, and I am feeling fine. Just a little soreness around the port area. I am back at work - eating my mushies and enjoying every minute of it. I am officially in the worlkd of banders.

I thought this day would never come. Can anyone give me infomration on how long this swelling persists and what to expect in the near future.

I really missed my correspondence with you all. :heh:

Hlayne:

I want to remind you that the ONLY thing that I EVER got stuck on was chicken that was fried. A tiny little morsel ~just one mouthful size and there was not even any skin on it.

And I was stuck and scared and in more pain than child birth~so.... how much of fried chicken do you want?

Head hunger is powerful isn't it?

home from being banded........ doing well..... will write more later, going to lie down while i can before kids home from school....etc.........

sharon

Conratulations Sharon!!!!!! :eek: It's good to hear that you are home and doing well. Keep us posted!

Hello all March Banders:

I had my surgery on Monday 3-5-07, and I am feeling fine. Just a little soreness around the port area. I am back at work - eating my mushies and enjoying every minute of it. I am officially in the worlkd of banders.

I thought this day would never come. Can anyone give me infomration on how long this swelling persists and what to expect in the near future.

I really missed my correspondence with you all. :heh:

ALL RIGHT Heartsmile!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! :clap2:

Tammyj

Thank you. Are you excited yet, or just dealing with the pre-op diet?

I am VERY EXCITED!!!!!! I have done all my shopping and I have everything all packed and ready for my stay at the hospital!

3 more days!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I have more gas today than I think I had right after the operation :eek: Must have been that cream of broccoli Soup. Darn it.

I am VERY EXCITED!!!!!! I have done all my shopping and I have everything all packed and ready for my stay at the hospital!

3 more days!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

You will be so happy when it is over. I read all of the things to look forward to on LBT.com and was more than ready. I did my shopping early also and was packed and ready to go. This is a very exciting time in our lives. Hang in there girl - "God Ain't thru with Us Yet" :eek:

Hlayne:

I want to remind you that the ONLY thing that I EVER got stuck on was chicken that was fried. A tiny little morsel ~just one mouthful size and there was not even any skin on it.

And I was stuck and scared and in more pain than child birth~so.... how much of fried chicken do you want?

Head hunger is powerful isn't it?

Ouch :eek: ...and yes it is. :biggrin1:

(Hopefully, when I go to mushies I'll just have some of their mashed potatoes and be over it. :eek: )