Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 months out and falling off wagon

It's a shame because I really wanted a SUPPORT forum, I'm headed to the hospital in a few hours for my surgery. Anyone know of any less dramatical forums out there?

Good Luck! I personally love this forum. Just navigate and gravitate towards what you need...

Laura-Ven,

You go right ahead and post on every thread if you like. I enjoy reading your posts. You always have good information and are very encouraging. I feel like you are very dedicated to your journey and helping those of us a long that are not as far in our journey.

Thanks for you being you!

Now back to topic.....

I hope the OP is doing well. And I hope when I encounter my own personal challenges (and I know I will) people are kind and respectful.

I wish you all success in your own personal journey.

Thanks,

Bonnie

It's a shame because I really wanted a SUPPORT forum' date=' I'm headed to the hospital in a few hours for my surgery. Anyone know of any less dramatical forums out there?[/quote']

this is only one thread and most are drama free that I've been in. congrats on your surgery. I can't wait to get everything done so I can have my surgery, there are great people on here that are very supportive and hope you give another shot.

It sounds like your still doing ok since you didn't gain any weight...Don't be so hard on yourself for messing up a bit, it happens...Just brush yourself off and start over again, you can do it, I know you can..You didn't make the decision to have this surgery lightly, so I know your strong enough to keep moving forward...Good luck and hang in there, you will do great..

I am in the same boat. Just blind hunger I can't seem to get a handle on. When I plan my food, the meals are reasonable. It's slider foods I eat in a momentary lapse of sanity that's killing me. I will try to go back on OA mtg call-ins. My geography has me out of reach of regular groups. I am going to my Nutritionist Friday and hopefully get my focus back. Work and travel really put a monkey wrench in my eating schedule!

Okay this may sound hokey, but my friends made a gift for me before surgery. It's a large jar with a lid and it contains slips of paper in it. Each slip of paper is an idea for an activity that doesn't cost money and doesn't involve eating. When I "think" I want to eat I'm supposed to go take a slip of paper and do the activity instead of eating.

The items are things like taking a walk, call a friend, post on VST or some other on-line group. Each lady that participates in making the jar contributed multiple ideas. In fact I continue to receive anonymous slips of paper with ideas. They just show up on my desk. :) I dutifully place them in the jar at home because I know will need them someday in the near future.

I just got sleeved 8/19 of this year so I haven't needed it yet, but know I will.

Drink 64 oz h20 a day. Eat 60-80 grams of Protein everyday. Take your supplements. Pray/meditate! Love yourself through this! You are worth it!

Praying for you - blessings.

Lap2sleeve, LOVE that idea! You sound like you've got some good girlfriends :)

NOTHING TASTES BETTR THAN THIN.....IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU ALWAYS DID, YOU WILL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU ALWAYS GOT, ANDNOBODY WANTS TO BE FAT AGAIN. 60 LBS DOWN REWARD YOUR SELF WITH SOMETHING OTHER THAN food, TO MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD.......

Just hang in and don't beat yourself up. Everyday when I get up is a new day. Some not so fab foods slip in, but on the whole push your Protein and take yourself back to scratch when you start to get nervous about messing up. Sounds like maybe you're not getting the full Water in, cause when I do I don't have time to graze or room to fit much else in. Eat wait 20 drink drink drink. snack wait 20 drink drink drink. Helps all around:] And go clothes shopping. Seeing how those smaller sizes fit is AWESOME! And helps recommit issues.

I hope the op and the person who had surgery recently will return. Some of the comments were unnecessarily harsh for the sake of being rude. Yes, we need to help some by being blunt but not by being mean. Let's give some the same type of support you wanted when you were new or struggling.

We've moved well past that, no need to keep bringing it up.

Sent from my iPad using VST

hahaha, I just had a Flash Back, then had to remind myself I graduated from HighSchool 20yrs ago....hahaha....THis all made me laugh Thanks Guys for being yourself.

I'm about 6 months out and thrilled that I've lost 50 pounds. Now I'm 5'8" and weigh 152 pounds. However, I'm in the same boat. I've started to struggle with bad habits resulting in a stall. Also, I know I'm not drinking enough but I can't seem to kick my butt into high gear. I guess it's back to basics:(

I did not post that looking for "permission" to eat junk. I was sharing my struggle and hoping for some encouragement to get back on track. And partly I was posting just to be accountable to myself by making it public. I was being honest.

I really find that there is a lot of negativity and judgement on this forum.

The best advice I've gotten so far was the suggestion about a therapist. The rest is just nasty and judgmental. And to the person who said "stop eating ****"... You are about 4 days out' date=' right? I hope for your sake you don't struggle like I am at 4 months, but at 4 days food made me sick. That changes over time and it does get harder. I'm not making excuses for my choices. Just being real and looking for some help.[/quote']

Start back with the liwuid diet & pureed foods &so forth, measue stuff also

I went to my Nut Friday and we went they my eating. It turns out, my habits, overall, are very good, and I am making good progress. When she wrote it all down, my eating habits ARE a million times better than pre-surgical. Now I am beating myself up for the stalls and slips in good eating habits. I have to be nicer to myself, and I will want to feed myself with good an healthy foods in healthy amounts. I started a food diary on Calorie Count, and it's very helpful. It's all about accountability, honesty and kindness to yourself. I want to be all of those things.