Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Cusano, though it is unlikely that I will ever become a believer there are believers who regularly post on this site whom I admire for they wear their beliefs with knowledge and with grace. Lisah25 is one of them. Carlene is both an active Christian and someone who has enormous intellectual knowledge of the Scriptures and of church history. TOM is a Christian and an activist.

There are of course many, many other fine and thoughtful Christians who post on this site. These are people who lead by example.

You, however, have not shown yourself to be one of them as of this time of writing. You come across as smug and as a theocratic bully. You would do well to read over the threads here and to learn to respect and appreciate all the voices on this site. I don't believe that Christ espoused intellectual arrogance and, well, rigidity....so stop acting like a putz.

Attending a church does not make one a Christian!
Well, that's damn obvious. I know attending church does not make you a Christian, since I am obviously NOT A CHRISTIAN! But it does blow holes in your statement that Atheists are uneducated about the Bible.

It is not up to you to demand a command performance of my interpretation of my beliefs. Not all questions asked deserve an answer.

Seems like the vultures are circling the carcass! Seems like I have rattled a lot of cages!
Would you really expect to come here, belittle a group of people, and not having people challenge what you're saying? Is that the type of "debate" you're interested in having? Has it really been your past experience that you come somewhere, ridicule a group of people and throw out your insinuations of stupiditity and ignorance, and people just say "Thank you sir may I have another?"
In fact it was pretty desperate on your part!
Really? It's hitting below the belt to say that religion is open to interpretation, and that just maybe what you see as "wrong" another chrisitan would see as "right"? Or to say that two christians would not necessarily see eye to eye? Then you must wear an awfully big belt.
Do you just drool at the mouth at the thought of attacking Christians, or do you bring anything so substance to the table to support your convictions??
When have I attacked you?
With all of this yelling and screaming from so many athiests, not a single one has offered to explain why they believe, or don't believe as they do,
Spend some time searching and you should be able to find more than a handful of times that each of us have explained it, in so far as appropriate for the conversation. Why should we explain it - again - when you're obviously just here to stir the pot? Or "debate" (aka try to be "right")? You've already told us our beliefs are ignorant. What more do we need to offer up? We're ignorant. You're right. There doesn't seem to be much moving beyond that.

As I said,

And FWIW, stating that atheists base their beliefs, or lack of, on feelings is also a "tired old ranting" shows how little you understand of atheists or why they believe the way they do. It couldn't be farther from feelings. So we can't deny god because we're being "ignorant" and not examing the evidence... but you can spout about why atheists believe what they do, and be totally inaccurate.

If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and talks like a duck... or perhaps it's troll.

Not choosing to talk about your belief is certainly your right and I respect that. I am not lecturing anyone on how to become a Christian, I am defending myself for a series of vicious attacks because I inquired about the moderator labeling herself as a "token athiest"!

The last I checked, I don't get any "brownie points" or many any money if an athiest becomes a Christian, so why do I care? Maybe I care that because of unbelief, many will be eternally lost as I once was. That is my only motivation.

I have absolutely no problem sharing why I believe what I believe is you honestly care and want to hear it, and are willing to consider it with an open mine.

If it just going to be more fodder for more attacks, why bother. We already have enough of that going on now.

Ron, I will explain this to you one more time. I don't want to discuss my beliefs, because THEY ARE MY BELIEFS. They are very personal to me and I don't like discussing them with people who are only interested in converting me to some religion. You don't want a discussion, you want to tell people that they are wrong and lecture and cow them into becoming Christians.

If you want to discuss beliefs so much, why don't you tell us why YOU believe the way you do. Why should be bother to explain why we believe, if you aren't volunteering to do the same?

Really! I have yet to see one. There is a big difference between reading a book and diligently studing and researching it's claims. It takes an open mind and heart, which by nature, most athiests do not have when it comes to the Bible.

This is an empty statement. Please give examples.

That was not meant for you, and of course you can disagree and question me with me all you want. It was meant for the person that accused me of questioning someone elses Christianity, which I would never do. Not being used to this format, it can be a bit confusing. I apoligize for the error.

Excuse me?! Which comment?

Let me be sure I understand. Are you saying since you and I are both Christians, I shouldn't publicly disagree with you? What in the world do I have to be "desperate" about?

That was not meant for you, and of course you can disagree and question me with me all you want. It was meant for the person that accused me of questioning someone elses Christianity, which I would never do. Not being used to this format, it can be a bit confusing. I apoligize for the error.

Thank you for that.

I am defending myself for a series of vicious attacks because I inquired about the moderator labeling herself as a "token athiest"!
You did much more than that, and you know it as well as I do.

You think these are viscous attacks? You've had a passive life! And wow, will you have some hard lessons to learn.

There's only one person here calling people's beliefs ignorant. There's only one person here insinuating heavily that people are unintelligent and uneducated about their decisions. There's only one person here stating as fact that their belief is the only right belief. There's only one person here stating completely wrong facts about why a group of people believes what they do.

Please, show me where you have been viciously attacked.

Is this really why you came here? To try and stir the pot? You couldn't get that at the other board? Are you interested at all in helping bandsters overcome their bandster problems, or in offering support to people facing the life of WLS?

Really! I have yet to see one. There is a big difference between reading a book and diligently studing and researching it's claims. It takes an open mind and heart, which by nature, most athiests do not have when it comes to the Bible.

Nice to meet you! I'm an atheist who has a degree in Religious Studies. :rose: I've read the Bible backwards and forwards and never saw anything in it that would lead me to conclude there is a supernatural force in the universe. It's lovely literature and quite possibly lots of it is historical, but then, I don't buy into all the historical fiction I read.

It's quite simple! For instance, Bible History is a popular course taught in many secular colleges. One can come away from that course with a historical knowledge and still know little about the spiritual and prophetic nature of the scriptures.

A common tactic of cults and fringe groups that claim to be Christian and ar not, will take parts of the Bible out of context and build entire false belief systems out of them.

The Bible is a series of 66 books written by 40 different authors over a period of about 6,000 years, that all fit together like a jigsaw puzzle yielding a tapestry of devine origin. Without an understand of how all of the pieces fit together, one can not understand the full the message it contains.

This is an empty statement. Please give examples.

Not surprising! There are may in the pulpit that claim knowledge of the scriptures, but are spiritually blind. There is a big difference between having a head knowledge and having spiritual understanding.

Nice to meet you! I'm an atheist who has a degree in Religious Studies. :rose: I've read the Bible backwards and forwards and never saw anything in it that would lead me to conclude there is a supernatural force in the universe. It's lovely literature and quite possibly lots of it is historical, but then, I don't buy into all the historical fiction I read.

Seems like the vultures are circling the carcass! Seems like I have rattled a lot of cages!

Regarding my feeling that my beliefs are right! Duh! Of course I think they are right, or they would not be my beliefs. And yes, being right is very important to me, because I certainly would not want to believe something that was wrong. And YOU talk about an "exercise in futility" Come on now! You can do better that. I also believe that you are sincere in what you believe, howbeit, sincerely wrong!

In over 30 years, I have never met an athiest that has studied the scriptures with an open mind and heart, and remained an athiest. I have also never met someone who has studied the scriptures with an open mind and heart, and became an athiest! That, plus the obvious lack of incite into the entirety of God's Word that has been expressed here, leads me to the conclusions that I have made and shared.

With all of this yelling and screaming from so many athiests, not a single one has offered to explain why they believe, or don't believe as they do, which was my original question that got you all in a tizzy in the first place!

Do you just drool at the mouth at the thought of attacking Christians, or do you bring anything so substance to the table to support your convictions??

This is a specious argument; what you are saying is that if we believe in the same things that you do then we are right, otherwise we are wrong. You decorate this false logic by talking about open hearts and minds but this is just Cusano-speak for the issue of agreement or non-agreement. If you personally like the result then you can say that that individual has an open heart and mind. This is skewing the logic in your favour and that is illogical and just plain wrong.

Though none of the atheists on this site are required to tell you what they do or don't believe in (for indeed why should they?) I will say that atheists do not believe in a God or in Gods. I would imagine that atheists who live in the Christian countries have a particularly difficult time with the Judeo-Christian-Islamic belief system for that is the one to which we have been exposed the most. This is because we see no tangible evidence to support a belief in a Supreme Being and even less to believe in the version supported by the Bible.

As for this business of drooling at the mouth, well, that is just your fantasy, girl. Again, do your homework, read the threads on this site. You will certainly see that there has not been a dirty fight like this until you showed up on the scene. We have all been comfortably debating about other issues. As far as I know there is not an Atheist Jihad in the works. We are gentle, kindly folks who keep our opinions to ourselves except when we run across an arrogant and smarmy no-nothing putz like you, Cusano.

Of course they are attacks! Don't be silly! And as a moderator, you should be above that. You advertise that you are an athiest, but get spastic when someone else dare's to talk about their religious views. That moniker if there to incite debate or it would not be there. Can you at least own up to that??

I am not insinuating anything, nor am I calling anyone unintelligent or uneducated. When I asked someone, I might have be you, why they did not believe in God of religion, I was told it was how they felt. I asked what they understand was based upon, and everyone, especially you, got all bent out of shape.

Darling, I have been in messianic minsitry for 30 years! If you think I have had a passive life, you are not dealing in reality.

You keep stating that I have all the wrong facts about why people believe as the do when they are an athiest. So then put me streight and tell me what the real facts are.

You did much more than that, and you know it as well as I do.

You think these are viscous attacks? You've had a passive life! And wow, will you have some hard lessons to learn.

There's only one person here calling people's beliefs ignorant. There's only one person here insinuating heavily that people are unintelligent and uneducated about their decisions. There's only one person here stating as fact that their belief is the only right belief. There's only one person here stating completely wrong facts about why a group of people believes what they do.

Please, show me where you have been viciously attacked.

Is this really why you came here? To try and stir the pot? You couldn't get that at the other board? Are you interested at all in helping bandsters overcome their bandster problems, or in offering support to people facing the life of WLS?

Not surprising! There are may in the pulpit that claim knowledge of the scriptures, but are spiritually blind. There is a big difference between having a head knowledge and having spiritual understanding.

This is an illogical statement. Who is to say who are spiritually blind and who are not?

As far as I know there is not an Atheist Jihad in the works.

I'll say it again, I've never felt attacked here because of my beliefs.

And thanks for your words earlier Green.