Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

That is not true! I have spoken and debated many devote Muslims, and read much of the book myself, and they consider the God of the Qur'an the only true God, and anyone who does not worship him is an infidel and worthy of death. They consider only Muslims to be their God;s children. Just for the record, the God taught in the Qur'an is not the same God of the Bible.

002.062: Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

The word Allah is Arabic for "The God".

If you had read the whole Qur'an, you would know that the human whose name is mentioned most in the Qur'an is Moses, followed by Noah and Jesus. Even Mary (the mother of Jesus) is mentioned more often than Mohammad.

002.053: And remember We gave Moses the Scripture and the Criterion (Between right and wrong): There was a chance for you to be guided aright.

[/color]Rick Warren wrote the book "Purpose Driven Life" and is the minister at one of the largest Christian mega-churches in the USA

If he advocates vidio games that depict killing Muslims and non-Christians, I have a problem with him regardless of what church he heads.

There was no specific list of which books would be accepted as the Bible until Conatantine started a commision to evaluate the different books for cannonization and then had 50 Bibles made up in 332AD.[/color]

The cannon of the Old testament was settled long before Constantine. The earliest extant list of the books of the NT, in exactly the number and order in which we presently have them, is written by Athanasius, Bishop of Alexandria, in his Easter letter of 367. Note: this is well after the Constantine's Edict of Toleration in 313 A.D

So George W. BuSh would not be a Christian by your standards.

Not true! The Bible affirms that we should defend ourselves and our country.

002.062: Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

It is interesting that you leave out the multitude of verses that advocate killing of Jews and non-Muslims. In the early writings of the Qur'an, Mohammed did indeed suggest that Jews and Christians were Children of God. However, when he was rejected by Christians and jews as a prophet from the God of the Bible, the writtings turned from acceptance to advocating violence and destruction against them.

The word Allah is Arabic for "The God".

Of course the word Allah translates as "God", but that does not make him the God of the Bible. He does not display any of the attributes or the devine nature of the true God.

If you had read the whole Qur'an, you would know that the human whose name is mentioned most in the Qur'an is Moses, followed by Noah and Jesus. Even Mary (the mother of Jesus) is mentioned more often than Mohammad.

This is true, but what is your point? It considers Jesus as just another prophet, and without divinity! Just because these names are used does not give it authority or value. I could write a book about the history of medicine, but that does not make me a doctor.

002.053: And remember We gave Moses the Scripture and the Criterion (Between right and wrong): There was a chance for you to be guided aright.

Again . . . what is your point?

Again . . . what is your point?
Let me see if I can spell this out for you.

If you buy a ticket on American Airlines and then take the AA plane to Rome, when you get there the signs will not say Roma; they will say Roma.

If you drive to Venice, the signs will not say Venice; they will say Venezia.

If you want a glass of Water, they will give you a bicchier d'acqua.

Now here comes the hard part.

If you ask a Arab or Muslim if he thinks that God is powerful, he may answer "Yes, Allah is all powerful, but merciful."

Of course Allah is the same God as the Old Testament.

Talking about Homework:

Except Allah, as described in the Qu'ran does not possess the godly attributes that the Old Testament teaches concerning the God of Israel, i.e. his triune nature, that He is pure and holy, that He has a Son who He will send to die as an attonement to justify His creation to Himself. You can call a pig a horse, but that does not make him a horse. He is still a pig. Your Allah is not the God of the Bible!

Let me see if I can spell this out for you.

If you buy a ticket on American Airlines and then take the AA plane to Rome, when you get there the signs will not say Roma; they will say Roma.

If you drive to Venice, the signs will not say Venice; they will say Venezia.

If you want a glass of Water, they will give you a bicchier d'acqua.

Now here comes the hard part.

If you ask a Arab or Muslim if he thinks that God is powerful, he may answer "Yes, Allah is all powerful, but merciful."

Of course Allah is the same God as the Old Testament.

Talking about Homework:

It is interesting that you leave out the multitude of verses that advocate killing of Jews and non-Muslims. In the early writings of the Qur'an, Mohammed did indeed suggest that Jews and Christians were Children of God. However, when he was rejected by Christians and jews as a prophet from the God of the Bible, the writtings turned from acceptance to advocating violence and destruction against them.
And if you had read the whole book instead of pieces here and there, you would know that he was talking about the Jews and Christians who had turned their backs on their own faith.
Of course the word Allah translates as "God", but that does not make him the God of the Bible. He does not display any of the attributes or the devine nature of the true God.[/color]
Like floods or destroying cities?

This is true, but what is your point? It considers Jesus as just another prophet, and without divinity! Just because these names are used does not give it authority or value. I could write a book about the history of medicine, but that does not make me a doctor.

So your problem is that the God of the Old Testament may be just like Allah, but Allah is not like Jesus? Do you think the God of the Old Testament is just like Jesus?

God would have had to be Schizophrenic

I sometimes wear a shirt that says on the front: "God might have been a conservative" and on the back, "But Jesus was definitely a Liberal".

Follow the teachings of Christ but do not shove your belief in the trinity or that Jesus was a deity down everyone's throat.

Be prepared to say I told you so, when the people you criticize are rejected from Heaven, but while on Earth, don't push people away who don't believe everything you believe in.

Except Allah, as described in the Qu'ran does not possess the godly attributes that the Old Testament teaches concerning the God of Israel, i.e. his triune nature, that He is pure and holy, that He has a Son who He will send to die as an attonement to justify His creation to Himself. You can call a pig a horse, but that does not make him a horse. He is still a pig. Your Allah is not the God of the Bible!
My Allah? I happen to be a Christian who only read the Qur'an because I wanted to know what I was talking about BEFORE I shot my mouth off.

It is you opinion, call it faith if you want, that Jesus is the son of God and that there is a Trinity. My opinion doesn't matter, but there are billions of people who are just as sure as you (their faith) that there is only one God and he has no son, no Holy Ghost.

The God of Israel is the same God who spoke to Abraham and Abraham's sons are considered as the founders of the religions of Judaism and Islam.

And if you had read the whole book instead of pieces here and there, you would know that he was talking about the Jews and Christians who had turned their backs on their own faith.

Completely untrue and distorted! The Qu'ran clearly advocates killing all Jews and infidels that refuse to embrace Allah.

Like floods or destroying cities?

So your problem is that the God of the Old Testament may be just like Allah, but Allah is not like Jesus? Do you think the God of the Old Testament is just like Jesus?

God would have had to be Schizophrenic

The Allah of the Qu'ran and the God of the Old Testament are nothing alike. The God of the Old Testament is not like Jesus, He is Jesus!

I sometimes wear a shirt that says on the front: "God might have been a conservative" and on the back, "But Jesus was definitely a Liberal".

That's what's great about America! You can say anything you want, even if you're the only one that believes it!

Follow the teachings of Christ but do not shove your belief in the trinity or that Jesus was a deity down everyone's throat.

Following my faith means sharing my faith. I don't shove anything down anyone throat, but I am not embarrased to share truth with anyone.

Be prepared to say I told you so, when the people you criticize are rejected from Heaven, but while on Earth, don't push people away who don't believe everything you believe in.

I accept people for who they are and respect their sincere beliefs, even if I think they are sincerely wrong. If people are offended by hearing the truth, thay can take that up with God!

I accept people for who they are and respect their sincere beliefs, even if I think they are sincerely wrong. If people are offended by hearing the truth, thay can take that up with God!
No, not the truth; "your truth". I will take it up with God, I hope.

No, not the truth; "your truth". I will take it up with God, I hope.

That is the difference between Allah and the God of the Bible. You have to "hope" that you have the opportunity to take it up with God.

The Bible teaches that we can KNOW that we have eternal life and are the children of God . . .

1John 5:13 - These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life . . .

Semite:

1.a member of any of various ancient and modern peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including the Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs.

2.a Jew.

3.a member of any of the peoples descended from Shem, the eldest son of Noah.

Therefore: Anti-semitism would be discrimination or inapropriate actions against a Semite which could just as easily be an Arab or Muslim as a Jew.

Indeed, you are right, TOM, and when I was very, very young I found it odd that the Arabs should detest the Jews. I remember running to my Daddy for the answer to this puzzle.

I lived in France in the early 1980s and I still have friends who live there. And of course I follow the news. The majority of French are comfortably racist - political correctness seems to be a North American construct - and they do not welcome the Arabs who live there. It could be argued that the Arabs occupy the same psychic space for the French that the Blacks and now the Hispanics do for so many Americans.

Many of them are poor and live in high rise ghettos that ring the cities and it is true that these areas are characterised by violent crime.

Some of my closest friends were Arabs. I am still in touch with many of them. These are guys who are highly educated professionals who hold doctorats in their fields and who have impressive careers. Nevertheless, when on the street or when looking for an appartment to rent they are discriminated against.

A friend of mine was not allowed to enter a bistro with us because he was Arab. This is a man who routinely dealt with presidents and CEOs of major companies. And with respect to that, he mentioned that he would invariably be treated badly by the receptionist or secretary until he mentioned his name and that he had an appointment.

My friends who live in France, those who are French and those who are Arab, report to me that the situation concerning the ease, comfort and safety of all Semites is not equivalent to that of the French. News reports back this up.

In fairness to the French I can say that they are not particularly welcoming to any foreigners and this is often expressed in a vivid rudeness. They can be a conservative lot. You kinda have to earn your stripes. While I was there I lived in Provence. The locals used to bitterly complain about the Parisians, their own countrymen, when they drifted south for their summer holidays. I would see graffiti telling those northerners to go home!

Wait, wait wait, You dont think that Allah is the same God that the bible is talking about??? God in the Koran=God in the Bible=God in the Jewish testament. (Forgive me, it has slipped my mind the right name)