Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Hi Ron!! I come here too. Do not post here very much. But like some of the info. Good to see a familiar face here!! Hugzzzzzzz, Cindy

Whew.. I just got through reading all the posts here!! Alot of information from everyone. I am just going to sit here & take it all in. Hang in there!! Play nice LOL Hugzzzzzzz, Cindy psssssssssst..God Bless!!

Whew.. I just got through reading all the posts here!! Alot of information from everyone. I am just going to sit here & take it all in. Hang in there!! Play nice LOL Hugzzzzzzz, Cindy psssssssssst..God Bless!!

Who should play nice? Cusano? I agree. The dude is smug, smarmy, an irritant, and judgemental. I would say that he is filled with his own ego, not with God. He is an old gas bag who is in love with himself. His sin would be that of Pride.

This is a cat who has only sought to prove himself right since entering LBT. He has betrayed no evidence of interest in the give and take of the conversations which take place on this site. Now, these are discussions which strike me as being worthy of engagement for we have discussed a number of contentious issues: gay marriage, abortion, stem cell research, the war in Iraq, health and welfare systems in the United States, racism, sexism, size-ism, you name it.

These are interesting discussions which deal with modern issues. Our friends who are professed Christians have come at these issues with a wide variety of view points, all of them interesting and with value. The non Christians have also responded with their specific points of view. Though specific beliefs have been challenged within the framework of a given discussion no one here has had their beliefs or lack thereof disrespected .

Cusano herself initially entered LBT with a post concerning the issue of anti-Semitism in France. Green has contributed a coupla posts concerning this but it would appear that Cusano's agenda is far removed from any concern regarding la belle France et des semites. Indeed, Cusano has come in order to flap her tongue and sit in judgement of all individuals who do not conform to her requirements; as to these, it would seem that she wants all folks to be Christians and that they must, moreover, profess to being Christians according to the rules set down by Cusano herself.

Oh Cusano, do you not think that your God (if He exists) would not have a large enough spirit to accept Mankind in its infinite variety? Afterall, the Dude made us and made us with joy, didn't He?

As for Allah, well, Allah is the Arabic word for God just as Dieu is the French word for God.

Now, Islam is founded upon Judeo-Christian teachings and sacred books. The Muslims argue that Islam is the final flowering of the sacred teachings. Certainly Islam is the most recent variant of this group of religions, a group which share common roots and which were all born in the deserts of the Middle East.

Issa/Jesus is considered to be a prophet in Islam. They hold Jesus in high regard. They just don't think that He was the Son of God is all.

Green,

When it come to the Word of God, there is no give and take. Everyone is entitled to form their own opinion and beliefs, and as I understand it, that also applies to me. I am perfectly willing to hear the opinions of other and discuss or debate them. That does not mean I have to agree or accept with them.

I find it interesting that you choose to attack me personally instead of the issues being discussed. When you run out of intelligent arguments, change the subject and attack the person saying things you don't want to hear. That is what children do, and your rant sounds like a kids!

I have the utmost respect for everyone on this board, which is more that can be said for some here, such as your self. I respect the people, but I do not accept arguments that can't be substanciated or are at odds with the Word of God. That is the final and only authority!

To answer the only question you asked during your entire rant, the answer is a big NO!! God does not "accept Mankind in its infinite variety"! He expects holiness and acceptance of His principals and His Messiah. He accepts nothing less! Man is stained with sin and can have no fellowship with a holy God except through the atoning sacrifice of Jesus the Messiah who paid the price for sin for all who accept Him. These requirements are not mine, they are God's! You have a problem with that, take it up with HIM!!

You may not believe or accept that, however, that does not make it any less true. I won't and can't compromise my beliefs because you or anyone else doesn't like them, nor will I or can I not defend what I understand to be spiritual truth.

Just for the record, you referred to me several times as a male and also as a female. Last time I checked, I was still a male!

Who should play nice? Cusano? I agree. The dude is smug, smarmy, an irritant, and judgemental. I would say that he is filled with his own ego, not with God. He is an old gas bag who is in love with himself. His sin would be that of Pride.

This is a cat who has only sought to prove himself right since entering LBT. He has betrayed no evidence of interest in the give and take of the conversations which take place on this site. Now, these are discussions which strike me as being worthy of engagement for we have discussed a number of contentious issues: gay marriage, abortion, stem cell research, the war in Iraq, health and welfare systems in the United States, racism, sexism, size-ism, you name it.

These are interesting discussions which deal with modern issues. Our friends who are professed Christians have come at these issues with a wide variety of view points, all of them interesting and with value. The non Christians have also responded with their specific points of view. Though specific beliefs have been challenged within the framework of a given discussion no one here has had their beliefs or lack thereof disrespected .

Cusano herself initially entered LBT with a post concerning the issue of anti-Semitism in France. Green has contributed a coupla posts concerning this but it would appear that Cusano's agenda is far removed from any concern regarding la belle France et des semites. Indeed, Cusano has come in order to flap her tongue and sit in judgement of all individuals who do not conform to her requirements; as to these, it would seem that she wants all folks to be Christians and that they must, moreover, profess to being Christians according to the rules set down by Cusano herself.

Oh Cusano, do you not think that your God (if He exists) would not have a large enough spirit to accept Mankind in its infinite variety? Afterall, the Dude made us and made us with joy, didn't He?

Well, if I were a believer I would find myself unable to believe in the God which you dish up. Indeed it was a variant on this God, a God which was served up to me in Religious Knowledge classes, which caused me to drift off into agnosticism. Still later I became an atheist.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. As for your sex, thanks for clearing that up. I was confused and thus the gender-shifts in my replies to you.

How ANYONE can listen to this crap and actually think your rants are persuasive towards becoming a Christian, I don't know.

Can I PLEASE make the "bad Christian" remark now? PRETTY PLEASE?! At this point, I think it is pretty justified.

Yes, God accepts thieves, liars, murders and yes, even bigots, if they accept Jesus and repent of sin. That even includes you!

Just for the record, I am anything but a bigot. I love all people. It's their lack of faith and acceptance of the Lord that I have a problem with.

Somehow, I doubt God accepts bigots into heaven.

Hey thanks Cindy! What a blessing to hear a friendly voice (post)! I feel like I am in Sodom sometimes! :-) Blessings!
Who do you think you are to compare us with Sodomites?

Is that the Love and Compassion that you learned from the teachings of Jesus Christ?

Yes, God accepts thieves, liars, murders and yes, even bigots, if they accept Jesus and repent of sin. That even includes you.
So you figure that Laurend is lower than a thief, liar or murderer?

More of the Love you learned from the study of the teachings of Jesus, I assume.