Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Ah, the Truth. Thank you for so eloquently stating the Truth. Albeit uncomfortable and maybe not necessarily politically correct. Anyone who is familiar with the Bible (and actually accepts it as Holy) knows that God indeed loves us all, however, he has laid down some rules. One of those rules is this:

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

But yes, He loves every hair on everyone of our heads and He knows each of us by name and He DID die for every single one of us and it breaks His heart when we laugh in His face and ridicule his very existence. I'm sure I can't put into human words the pain He feels from these very conversations and the loss He must feel as the almighty parent who breathed the very life into such insolent children.

I know that it breaks my very human imperfect heart to see Him denounced, rejected, mocked and ridiculed over and over again.

Cusano, I have never been privy to know a Messianic Jewish person, but I have heard from other fervent friends that a Messianic Jew is a delight to know because their belief is SO strong and their knowledge is so far-reaching due to the Jewish customs of studying with a full and open heart. I am humbled by your ability to stand for what you believe in the face of such disdain even when we all know that our God is all powerful, all knowing and really needs no army to stand for Him. He merely directed us to not be ashamed and to share the Good News even when He knew full well that we would be spat upon and stoned for having such audacity.

I am no Biblical scholar and I have no desire to have this type of ongoing arguement. Frankly it breaks my heart. It scares me. And more and more, it brings home to me that all of this is really true. Jesus did say that it would be hard to be a Christian. He did say that there would be those who blatantly oppose Him and denounce His existence and He did say that the time would come when they no longer have the choice. To see that at work in this very space is almost overwhelming to me.

I absolutely could not care less who is 'right' and who is 'wrong'. I absolutely refuse to participate in this whole debate 'I'm smarter' atmosphere, but the more I see, all of it becomes very real to me.

I was flying home last night, from LA and questioning myself as to why all of this could be hurting me so much and I think I have my answer.

It is because I see Jesus on the cross, my Father, the one who has saved me and loved me even when I was unloveable. My Father who was there with me during the times of abuse and poverty in my own life. The one who carried me through the multitudes of deaths I have endured. The one who protected me in so many times of danger and uncertainty and I see Him hanging there, being tormented, spat on and speared in his side yet again, over and over from the very children he gave life and who He loves even still.

Me thinks thou protest too much!!

Leatha,

Thank-you for that moving post. Every word that you said is true and reflects my heart as well.

Although I am in messianiac ministry, surprisingly, I am not a Jew. I am a Gentile. I was born and raised as a Roman Catholic, non-practicing, and as a yourng adult was an agnostic. I was led to the Lord by Jewish Believers, missionaries to their own people, who took the time and had the love to share the truth with this openly angry Gentile. They are close and dear friends to this day.

Over the years I have had the blessing to study under a number of wonderful, learned Jewish Believers, and now teach, share and write a column on messianiac Christianity myself.

What we have witnessed here is surely a sign of the times, and can be likened to what Lot experienced in Sodom. It was never my intention to anger or cause arguments, but the truth of the Word of God has a way of provoking that.

My job as a Believer is to take an unwavering stand for the Word of God and accept no compromise. Many here view that as being egotistic and aggressive. Two thousand years ago, that was also thought of Jesus by most, although I don't dare to compare myself with the Lord.

I thank-you for your support and encourage your prayers. If you wish to find out more about muy ministry, please visit my website at http://www.shiloh-ministries.org Blessings,

Ron

Ah, the Truth. Thank you for so eloquently stating the Truth. Albeit uncomfortable and maybe not necessarily politically correct. Anyone who is familiar with the Bible (and actually accepts it as Holy) knows that God indeed loves us all, however, he has laid down some rules. One of those rules is this:

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

But yes, He loves every hair on everyone of our heads and He knows each of us by name and He DID die for every single one of us and it breaks His heart when we laugh in His face and ridicule his very existence. I'm sure I can't put into human words the pain He feels from these very conversations and the loss He must feel as the almighty parent who breathed the very life into such insolent children.

I know that it breaks my very human imperfect heart to see Him denounced, rejected, mocked and ridiculed over and over again.

Cusano, I have never been privy to know a Messianic Jewish person, but I have heard from other fervent friends that a Messianic Jew is a delight to know because their belief is SO strong and their knowledge is so far-reaching due to the Jewish customs of studying with a full and open heart. I am humbled by your ability to stand for what you believe in the face of such disdain even when we all know that our God is all powerful, all knowing and really needs no army to stand for Him. He merely directed us to not be ashamed and to share the Good News even when He knew full well that we would be spat upon and stoned for having such audacity.

I am no Biblical scholar and I have no desire to have this type of ongoing arguement. Frankly it breaks my heart. It scares me. And more and more, it brings home to me that all of this is really true. Jesus did say that it would be hard to be a Christian. He did say that there would be those who blatantly oppose Him and denounce His existence and He did say that the time would come when they no longer have the choice. To see that at work in this very space is almost overwhelming to me.

I absolutely could not care less who is 'right' and who is 'wrong'. I absolutely refuse to participate in this whole debate 'I'm smarter' atmosphere, but the more I see, all of it becomes very real to me.

I was flying home last night, from LA and questioning myself as to why all of this could be hurting me so much and I think I have my answer.

It is because I see Jesus on the cross, my Father, the one who has saved me and loved me even when I was unloveable. My Father who was there with me during the times of abuse and poverty in my own life. The one who carried me through the multitudes of deaths I have endured. The one who protected me in so many times of danger and uncertainty and I see Him hanging there, being tormented, spat on and speared in his side yet again, over and over from the very children he gave life and who He loves even still.

What we have witnessed here is surely a sign of the times, and can be likened to what Lot experienced in Sodom. It was never my intention to anger or cause arguments, but the truth of the Word of God has a way of provoking that.

I still think you are confusing reaction to you with reaction to God. It seems to be more about how you are spreading your message then the message itself.

As far as I know, I haven't angered anyone here when I've talked about my faith. I personally don't think provoking anger and arguments is a good witness. YMMV.

By the way, Hitler was also a Christian.

As were many members of the KKK.

As was the President of the Confederate states of the USA who based his support of slavery on Biblical quotes.

So claiming to be a Christian does not give anyone the right to act unChristian.

Love and compassion were the cornerstones of the teachings of Christ, not war on the Muslims or Jews that do not accept him as a deity.

The site is not an interactive site, it is informational, but you are certainly welcome there.

I have abused no one here! This whole this started when I asked the moderator about her seld-proclaimed tital of "token athiest" and why she came to believe there was no God. In no time at all, many other athiets came crawling out of the woodwork and I found myself having to defend my beliefs and the tenents of Christianity. And yet, I never cried that I was abused. It's interesting that you feel that way. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black, so to speak!

If I visit your website, will be permitted to abuse its members as much as you have abused the members here?

I still think you are confusing reaction to you with reaction to God. It seems to be more about how you are spreading your message then the message itself.

As far as I know, I haven't angered anyone here when I've talked about my faith. I personally don't think provoking anger and arguments is a good witness. YMMV.

What annoyed me the most was his comparison of this board (which means its membership) with Sodom. And his arragant attitude towards others that do not agree with his variety of Christionhood.

Is Christianhood a word or should I have said "his version of Christianity".

Recently I attended an interdenominational church service. My minister was the invited guest speaker and he was appreciated by many, but got some glares for some his statements during the sermon. Later, at a cake and coffee next to the meeting area, I spoke to some people. Each person I spoke to told me that members of my denomination would not go to Heaven unless we changed our ways to their way. But each person I spoke to told me that I would not go to Heaven, but neither would the people who spoke to me telling me I need to change my ways to theirs.

In a nut-shell I spoke to about 10 people who each had the only way into Heaven and KNEW that none of the other 9 would be accepted.

I have abused no one here! This whole this started when I asked the moderator about her seld-proclaimed tital of "token athiest" and why she came to believe there was no God. In no time at all, many other athiets came crawling out of the woodwork and I found myself having to defend my beliefs and the tenents of Christianity. And yet, I never cried that I was abused. It's interesting that you feel that way. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black, so to speak!
I was not abused personally, but you did abuse some of the others. Even now you feel righteous because YOU KNOW YOU ARE RIGHT, and you have the right to say what you want because Jesus is your enforcer.

But, you were not arguing with atheists most of the time, but with Christians who are not as stubborn and cock sure of themselves as you are.

And atheists don't come crawling out of the woodwork. They are not roaches as you imply, for if you really were a Christian, you would know that even an atheist is formed in the image of God.

Like Hitler and KKK members, your use of religion disgusts me. And I find your use of the name of Jesus Christ to be blasphemes, treacherous and unholy.

Please don't twist my words around and take them out of context. In a reply to another Christian I refered to the reaction I witnessed by some who claim to be athiests as being likened to what Lot experienced in Sodom. That certainly did not encompass all board members nor was it intended to.

Regarding your little story about your minister addressing another church, I can believe it because everyone has an opinion, none of which matters. What I think and what you think and what anyone else thinks is of no consequence. All that matters is what the Word of God says! Anything that I have shared on this thread I have provided evidence of it's validity in scripture. All that I have heard in return has been accusations, retoric statement that remain unsubstanciated.

Let me ask an honest question! What is it that bugs you! Is it me personally because I am so sure of my convictions or the theological arguments that I have raised?? If the theology bothers you, I am more that happy to discuss it. If I bother you because I am so sure what I believe, perhaps you need to become more secure in your own convictions.

What annoyed me the most was his comparison of this board (which means its membership) with Sodom. And his arragant attitude towards others that do not agree with his variety of Christionhood.

Is Christianhood a word or should I have said "his version of Christianity".

Recently I attended an interdenominational church service. My minister was the invited guest speaker and he was appreciated by many, but got some glares for some his statements during the sermon. Later, at a cake and coffee next to the meeting area, I spoke to some people. Each person I spoke to told me that members of my denomination would not go to Heaven unless we changed our ways to their way. But each person I spoke to told me that I would not go to Heaven, but neither would the people who spoke to me telling me I need to change my ways to theirs.

In a nut-shell I spoke to about 10 people who each had the only way into Heaven and KNEW that none of the other 9 would be accepted.

Let me ask an honest question! What is it that bugs you! Is it me personally because I am so sure of my convictions or the theological arguments that I have raised?? If the theology bothers you, I am more that happy to discuss it. If I bother you because I am so sure what I believe, perhaps you need to become more secure in your own convictions.
You have not dicussed theology other than saying your interpretation is right because it is the word of God.

I am secure in my convictions and one of my convictions is that people like you are only around to abuse people by making them feel inferior you and to your all knowing understanding of Jesus.

Regarding your little story about your minister addressing another church, I can believe it because everyone has an opinion, none of which matters.

Like each of the 10 people I spoke about after my minister's guest sermon, they each knew that their way was the word of God. You are not number 1, you are just number 11. The other 10 would have all Known that your opinion was wrong.

Yes, God accepts thieves, liars, murders and yes, even bigots, if they accept Jesus and repent of sin. That even includes you!

Just for the record, I am anything but a bigot. I love all people. It's their lack of faith and acceptance of the Lord that I have a problem with.

You only love those who reflect your own beliefs. You are a bully. And you have still not engaged in the topic which allowed you entrance into LBT, the issue of anti-Semitism in France, ya putz.

You are entitled to your opinion and you don't have to believe my understanding of theology.

You say you belong to a church, so I will assume you consider yourself to be a Christian. If you feel I am wrong on anything I have said, from a theological standpoint, why don't you go to your Bible and show me where I am wrong. If you are secure in your convictions, you must know what they are, so this should be no problem for you them!! I welcome hearing your viewpoints!

Just for the record! I do not have, as you put it, and "all knowing understanding" of Jesus. We can't live long enough in this worlf to know all aboy=ut the Lord. Again, you are twisting things here my friend.

You have not dicussed theology other than saying your interpretation is right because it is the word of God.

I am secure in my convictions and one of my convictions is that people like you are only around to abuse people by making them feel inferior you and to your all knowing understanding of Jesus.

Like each of the 10 people I spoke about after my minister's guest sermon, they each knew that their way was the word of God. You are not number 1, you are just number 11. The other 10 would have all Known that your opinion was wrong.