Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anything in moderation- tracking calories on my fitness pal . Being aware of what are high in calories and still ensuring that I take my Proteins first . I try to avoid meat right now- don't have any longing for it.

I am 13 weeks out and my 1 meal a day I work on making Soups with high Protein (I pick a Soup that has high Protein and low carb count per serving and then add deli chicken, turkey or ham to up the protein gms). The other days lunch is a sandwich with multigrain flatbread (9gm protein) deli meat and low fat cheese. Snacks are string cheese or cottage cheese mixed with yogurt (2-3 oz) and of course, the famous Protein shakes for 2 meals a day.

I tried a chicken pot pie Soup (added a can of mixed veggies and a can of chicken) the mix made 6 meals since I can only eat about 1/2 cup at a time. This was my first soup combo and I have made it for a potluck (I topped the mixture with crescent rolls and baked it to brown the rolls) and it was a hit at the party.

I am 13 weeks out and my 1 meal a day I work on making Soups with high Protein (I pick a Soup that has high Protein and low carb count per serving and then add deli chicken' date=' turkey or ham to up the protein gms). The other days lunch is a sandwich with multigrain flatbread (9gm protein) deli meat and low fat cheese. Snacks are string cheese or cottage cheese mixed with yogurt (2-3 oz) and of course, the famous protein shakes for 2 meals a day.

I tried a chicken pot pie soup (added a can of mixed veggies and a can of chicken) the mix made 6 meals since I can only eat about 1/2 cup at a time. This was my first soup combo and I have made it for a potluck (I topped the mixture with crescent rolls and baked it to brown the rolls) and it was a hit at the party.[/quote']

Why one meal s day and soup at 13 weeks out? Just wondering....

I'm 12 weeks out tomorrow with a weight loss of 75 pounds since surgery. Breakfast normally consists of half a cup of oatmeal with a cheese stick. lunch and dinner is about 2-3 oz of grilled chicken or fish with some steamed veggies. Some days I might throw in an 8oz Protein Shake.< /p>

Hi Erica5754,

How much exercise are you doing? I'm 10 weeks out and only lost 34 lbs. I've been in a stall for almost 4 weeks now. I'm getting a little depressed and discouraged.

I workout to Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds about 3-4 times per week. Last week I started Hip Hop Abs. What was your starting weight? Mine was 365, so I probably had a lot more to lose than you. Don't get discouraged, I stall all the time. Just stick to your diet and continue to work out.

My highest weight was 334 and at surgery 320. current is 286 and I was sleeved on 7/3. I'm walking or doing kickboxing 3 to 4 times per week. I'm trying to drink as much Water as possible and eating at least 50 grams of Protein a day, but the scale is not moving. I do feel a change in how my clothes fit and I started to fit in pants that I have not wore in years, but the pounds don't want to leave my body :(

I am 8 weeks out, and try to eat dry roasted edamame every day. I am having trouble with meat, and so this helps me with Protein, and also Fiber. And I was always a salty snacker, and so this helps me meet that craving. 14 G Protein and 7 g fiber per quarter cup.

I may do a Protein shake every other day or so.

Otherwise, it's Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, meat/fish, some cooked veggies, and fruit.< /p>

Im 8 wks out and eat everything, just in small portions. The only thing I've found my sleeve doesn't like is ice cream. I get stomach cramps whenever I eat it (Im a slow learner). For example, yesterday I ate:

BF: I egg, 1 pc bacon

Lunch: 1/2 tuna sandwich with a 1/2 pickle spear

Dinner: about 1/2 cup homemade beef stroganoff, a few bites of broccoli, and 1/2 biscuit w/butter.

snack (9 pm): maybe 6 bites of ice cream. I should know by now (about the 4th time I've tried it) its a no go. Stomach camps for about 2 hrs

Everyday is different. We're vsiting in laws in a different state now so im eating out alot right now. I can usually eat about 1/3 of an In and Out cheeseburger, 1 taco from Taco Bell, or a few bites of Chinese. I got weighloss surgery so I wouldn't have to diet again. Im losing slowly (only 18 lbs in 8 wks, but I started at 174 cuz of band to sleeve so I knew Id lose slower) but as long as I can eat whatever I want (I do keep track of calories on MFP) Im happy losing slower.

Good luck...

To answer JS's question "Why 1 meal and soup"... The surgeon I was going to recommended 2 shakes a day and 1 meal. As for why soup.... It is the easiest thing to make that has Protein and cooked veggies. Since I work and take my lunch, the Soups are simple and I can make up a few "meals" in advance. I have tried adding new foods and find that either I cannot tolerate them yet, or I stop loosing weight so omit those foods for now. My surgeon advised me to focus on using the shakes when weight loss slows.