Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi sleevers

I was sleeves on August 19' date='2013. I am down 18 lbs, two visits to the hospital over night for dehydration. My doctor told me since I am unable to keep in fluids ( either end) I know tmi. I was also told I would need to stay home another month. This is so frustrating going crazy. Good news is I can eat real food chicken, steak and fish OMG. How do I take this news[/quote']

I'm a 8/19 sleeve too. Do you have to purée the meats? I have 2 more weeks of soft/purée.

I was sleeved on the 15th and have nothing but great things. Not once have I got sick from a food. Im onto eating whatever i want now but i dont. Ive had a teaspoon of frozen yogurt here or there or a nibble of mac and cheese but food doesnt taste near as good as it use to. And there is no way in hell i can eat 6 times a day. I ate 3 times today and twice yesterday. Im just not hungry. There has been a couple days where I felt I wasn't drinking anything at all but seems to of worked out ok. I start back tomorrow and I'm so ready. I thought a month off was going to be great! Not so much, I'm so bored! Down 40lbs so excited about that.

NONE! Isopuke has been the worst part of this journey for me. I absolutely hate it and have tried every flavor. I even tried to trick myself by making Jello with it or mixing with juice or Vitamin Water zero and making a Popsicle. There is no hiding that vomit after taste. My doctor said my 2 clear liquid options were Isopure and nectar. nectar has been my savior! It's a powder that mixes clear with Water. I went to mybariatricpantry.com and ordered a sample pack of it. It is sooooo much better than Isopure.< /p>

Starting full liquids today thank god! Can't wait to get as far away as possible from the clear liquid Proteins.

Anyone have creative recipes or ideas to mix things up for the next 10 days of full liquids?

Thanks for the tip about Nectar! I just ordered a sample pack. :)

I was sleeved aug. 14 and haven't lost anything in about 10 days. Just up and down 1.5 pounds every day. Please let the scale start moving again. Getting super frustrated : (

I have been stalled for 18 days......going up and down 1-2 pounds. Today the scale started moving down again!!! Was down 4 pounds from where I stalled. Hope this keeps going. I was getting worried, but now I am down 33 lbs. Had surgery 8/8/13. I didn't do anything different for the stall to end. It just started moving down again. I need to exercise more!!

Hello Everyone... I was sleeved 8/22! Like some of you, I have had no problems at all. I've been able to get my liquids and Protein after 3 days post surgery. Took me a few different products to fine what I like best but did fine right combination.

I've been on puréed for a week now with one week to go before moving on to soft foods. Been a lot of blended chicken, tuna and cottage cheese sprinkled with sugar free Jello for me!

So far down 18lbs and looking forward to clothes shopping before going back to work!!

Good luck to everyone!

I was sleeved 8/12. Down 16 lbs since surgery. I lost 17 lbs in the months leading up to surgery. Pre-surgery 219.8 current 203.4. I'm basically eating regular foods. Except no beef or pork, no fruit, no raw veggies per doctor. So, my family and I have come up with TONS of stuffed/rolled chicken recipes. Favorites so far: bruschetta stuffed chicken, asparagus and Swiss stuffed chicken, and spaghetti squash stuffed with turkey burger, quinoa, fire roasted tomatoes and various cheeses.

Man, our grocery bill has been radically reduced! My hubby was sleeved 12/31.

It makes me laugh that a chicken breast lasts me 2-3 meals.

Ladies: I struggled this month, right before my cycle with a chocolate craving. This is about better choices, so went and got an 86% cacao chocolate bar that has 5grams of sugar in 1/2 a bar. All I needed was a corner (that bar will last MONTHS!) and the craving was gone!! I also (as usual) could not get enough food, felt like I was starving! Nut said it was ok to add some calorie content those few days, but to listen to my body and cut it back again because I didn't really need it anymore. This helped a lot. I added a mini meal in between Breakfast and lunch and another after dinner, for 2days, now I'm good again and no hunger.

I haven't lost a lot, relative to many. But for me, it's more than I would have otherwise. I have determined that I will no longer put CRAP into my body. If it doesn't serve a nutritional need it doesn't go in!

I struggle drinking Water, but went back to the Protein Fruit drinks I used the first week, mixed in 1liter of Water, and I can get 2 liters in a day plus sometimes.

I also miss chewing crunchy things most. Has anyone found any good crunchy stuff? Not as a snack but to augment a meal?

Thanks for reading my rambling, sorry!

I was sleeved 8/12. Down 16 lbs since surgery. I lost 17 lbs in the months leading up to surgery. Pre-surgery 219.8 current 203.4. I'm basically eating regular foods. Except no beef or pork' date=' no fruit, no raw veggies per doctor. So, my family and I have come up with TONS of stuffed/rolled chicken recipes. Favorites so far: bruschetta stuffed chicken, asparagus and Swiss stuffed chicken, and spaghetti squash stuffed with turkey burger, quinoa, fire roasted tomatoes and various cheeses.

Man, our grocery bill has been radically reduced! My hubby was sleeved 12/31.

It makes me laugh that a chicken breast lasts me 2-3 meals.

Ladies: I struggled this month, right before my cycle with a chocolate craving. This is about better choices, so went and got an 86% cacao chocolate bar that has 5grams of sugar in 1/2 a bar. All I needed was a corner (that bar will last MONTHS!) and the craving was gone!! I also (as usual) could not get enough food, felt like I was starving! Nut said it was ok to add some calorie content those few days, but to listen to my body and cut it back again because I didn't really need it anymore. This helped a lot. I added a mini meal in between Breakfast and lunch and another after dinner, for 2days, now I'm good again and no hunger.

I haven't lost a lot, relative to many. But for me, it's more than I would have otherwise. I have determined that I will no longer put CRAP into my body. If it doesn't serve a nutritional need it doesn't go in!

I struggle drinking Water, but went back to the Protein fruit drinks I used the first week, mixed in 1liter of Water, and I can get 2 liters in a day plus sometimes.

I also miss chewing crunchy things most. Has anyone found any good crunchy stuff? Not as a snack but to augment a meal?

Thanks for reading my rambling, sorry!

[/quote']

I was sleeved the 26th and am on soft foods. I haven't tried this yet but it was a recipe in my guide from my dr. Take a slice of cheese, put it on wax paper and microwave it until it bubbles. Then take it out and let it cool completely, the book says it'll harden a bit like a cracker. My thought is its like a cheese-it. I'm planning on trying it tonight with some cheddar and white American. Maybe that'll help :)

Sleeved on 8/26 and lost 12 lbs at 1 wk out. Haven't lost anything since and trying to be patient. Having a hard time getting all my fluids in. Starting to hate Water and shakes. Any suggestions on some sleeve approved drinks?

Sleeved on 8/26 and lost 12 lbs at 1 wk out. Haven't lost anything since and trying to be patient. Having a hard time getting all my fluids in. Starting to hate Water and shakes. Any suggestions on some sleeve approved drinks?

I drink a lot of Decaf ice tea... It seems to help me get in all my fluids

Hi! Yes I drink decaffeinated teas... Sweetened with stevia.... I also have a little creation of crystal lite lemonade with one packet strawberry Jay Robb Protein... It tastes so yummy! I even made Popsicles. It has 25 grams of Protein and tastes like sherbet....no joke! So I sip on that every other day :)

I drink a lot of Decaf ice tea... It seems to help me get in all my fluids

Problem is I like my ice tea sweetened and haven't really tried any sweeteners so not sure which is best

Hi I had surgery on 8/29/13 highest weight 287. Day of surgery weight 269' date=' today I'm 262. Not sure if I'm losing weight fast enough. Is anyone else also a slow loser??? Good thing total weight lost with preop diet is a total of 25 pounds. Since surgery only 7 pounds.[/quote']

I am the same way, have been stuck. On one hand it's very frustrating but on the other I keep thinking I want a slower weight loss to help with the skin flexibility.

Any newbies out there? Has my surgery on 8/27 and looking for new Sleevers to go through the journey with.

I had my surgery 8/26. Feeling great. No problems eating or drinking. Just get queezy with certain foods or if i overeat. 13lb weight loss. Start weight on surgery date was 233.