Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My enjoyment of food has totally gone

Needless to say I loved food but now at 14 weeks out I really can't find enjoyment in food and rarely find anything I either want or enjoy eating. My restriction is good but I often feel nauseous when eating apart from light crunchy things so I'm struggling to enjoy anything really and after 3 or 4 mouthfuls I'm done anyway.

I'm on holiday with my mum at the moment and she keeps making pitying comments about poor old me but I don't feel bad it's what I signed up for as I was addicted to food and now I'm really not bothered. I do go into the kitchen and look around quite often but just dont fancy anything. Will this last do you think ?

Ohhh hugs to you. I know exactly how you feel. I have developed fear around eating because I'm worried I'll vomit.

I have read that this will not last. Apparently around 6 or so months we start to find we feel a bit more normal about food. I also read if you haven't been hungry you start getting hungry again then.

Hopefully you're able to do well with the lack of enjoyment around food. I'm actually secretly glad I don't want/like to eat like I used to.

Needless to say I loved food but now at 14 weeks out I really can't find enjoyment in food and rarely find anything I either want or enjoy eating. My restriction is good but I often feel nauseous when eating apart from light crunchy things so I'm struggling to enjoy anything really and after 3 or 4 mouthfuls I'm done anyway.

I'm on holiday with my mum at the moment and she keeps making pitying comments about poor old me but I don't feel bad it's what I signed up for as I was addicted to food and now I'm really not bothered. I do go into the kitchen and look around quite often but just dont fancy anything. Will this last do you think ?

I feel the exact same way. I'm 6 weeks out and feel find no enjoyment in food and have no interest in food after about 4 bites. I really hope it doesn't last.

I do feel relieved as I'm just not interested in food now whereas I always thinking about food before and having large portions of everything and snacking a lot. Well those days are gone that's for sure!

9 months out for me and it feel the same way. I dont get excited or anything considering that i can only eat 3 to 4 bites max! I dont like reheated foods. So that eat slowly thing and over the course of time does not work on me! But i also find it hard to find foods that i like or can tolerate that are nutritious for me. Yea the kitchen isnt my fav room of the house anymore.

9 months out for me and it feel the same way. I dont get excited or anything considering that i can only eat 3 to 4 bites max! I dont like reheated foods. So that eat slowly thing and over the course of time does not work on me! But i also find it hard to find foods that i like or can tolerate that are nutritious for me. Yea the kitchen isnt my fav room of the house anymore.

I found I can't tolerate reheated foods either. I learned that this weekend when I threw up a meal that was fine when I first ate it. Lesson learned.

I also can't tolerate foods that are not healthy. I can instantly feel myself get sick if I have "bad" foods. That can be hard because you can think you're ordering something healthy and then get sick.

Your weight loss in only 9 months is amazing!!

Well ... utilize this time to start new habits with food and lifestyle because the good/bad news is ... it doesn't last. All your taste buds and old cravings will come back and you should have your new habits in place so you know how to combat them.

If you spend time reading here, you will see sooooo many posts from people who are a year out and have not come close to reaching goal. One thing you will see in these posts is the comment, "I know I am not making the best food choices and not exercising." This is the time to teach yourself and your body how to be fed with what your body needs, not what your head wants.

Good luck and make the best of it.

I thought the sme thing my 1st 4 wks on liquids. Thought Id never again enjoy food. Especially my first few days of soft foods when everything made me nauseous. Im now 6 1/2 weeks out and enjoy food once again. Ive eaten out many times and enjoy my food again. And all the leftovers I have!

Give it some time. You'll enjoy food again...

Oh I love food! I am so sad for you! What a horrible thing to have happen! I would talk to the doctor and ask if there's something that can be done!

You shouldn't have to live like that!!

^ Troll ^

Like I said I'm over 3 months out now and the feeling of nausea has actually got worse at mealtimes I rarely sit down to a meal that I enjoy due to it and the few mouthfuls I have are just to make sure I can function rather than anything elae and enjoyment has left replaced by what I can tolerate.

I'm right there with you. Sometimes I dread mealtime because nothing sounds good. I will not eat bread, rice, Pasta and that's what my (skinny!) family often has. I just keep plugging away at eating Protein - it's not that I don't like it, food generally doesn't sous good, especially after I see it. Oh well!

I'm right there with you. Sometimes I dread mealtime because nothing sounds good. I will not eat bread, rice, Pasta and that's what my (skinny!) family often has. I just keep plugging away at eating Protein - it's not that I don't like it, food generally doesn't sous good, especially after I see it. Oh well!

What annoys me is that something can smell and look great, then after a taste it is horrible.

I had this issue but it only lasted for the first couple months. I'm at 14 weeks now and I can enjoy food, but I can still only eat a little bit. Hopefully, you will get to a point soon where you can enjoy food again. I agree with another poster to use this time to change bad habits while it may be easier.

What annoys me is that something can smell and look great' date=' then after a taste it is horrible.[/quote']

I totally agree!