Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just lied!

Whenever I am asked about my weight loss, I say that I have revamped my diet, workout,and proactive Portion Control. All which is true. Some people feel their entire life is an open book, and everybody needs to know everything down to their every meal, thought, and bodily function. I am not of that mindset and never will disclose more that I want known.

I am going crazy with this myself now. I have told 1 friend, sister, husband and mom. y problem is I have an Aunt and sister in law that I need to tell that I am having surgery. I talk to them everyday and they will know I am missing. I absolutely lovey sister in law but she is extremely judgemental. I so don't trust that it won't be spread around my whole neighborhood. So now I have to lie about what kind of surgery.. I was going to say gallbladder and I am sure with my luck in a year I will really need it out.

U can still use that because God forbid u do need your gallbladder out later its ok . Just because u have your gallbladder out doesnt mean you still cant get a stone stuck in your common bile duct and that taken care of . Your ok if u use that.

U can still use that because God forbid u do need your gallbladder out later its ok . Just because u have your gallbladder out doesnt mean you still cant get a stone stuck in your common bile duct and that taken care of . Your ok if u use that.

You are awesome!! I had no idea. I did the HCG last year and lost 27 l s in 5 wks. I never heard the end..." it's going to give cancer.. I don't know the damage I could have caused. " I can't listen to it again. Thank you again????

I am going crazy with this myself now. I have told 1 friend, sister, husband and mom. y problem is I have an Aunt and sister in law that I need to tell that I am having surgery. I talk to them everyday and they will know I am missing. I absolutely lovey sister in law but she is extremely judgemental. I so don't trust that it won't be spread around my whole neighborhood. So now I have to lie about what kind of surgery.. I was going to say gallbladder and I am sure with my luck in a year I will really need it out.

Unless you see her everyday, you will only be missing for 8-10 hours. Or, if you really want to keep it private just say you will be out of town or of pocket for a few days.

I had a coworker notice on the schedule I was going out on leave. When he asked me why I said to have surgery (I don't really care for him). Well he thought he would be funny in front of a group of other nurses and say, "for what weight loss surgery?" We'll karma stepped in as I took care of his wife a week before for what some would say is an embarrassing illness. So, my reply to him was how is wife doing now? Well the group of nurses turned to him and started asking questions about his wife and you can you see him becoming so frustrated he just left the area. Remember what they say, karma can be a b****.

I tell nosey people who ask, "I had a hernia repaired" ... Which is the truth!

I tell anyone that will listen, most of people know that I did and I'm not ashamed of my sleev, my boss ,and coworkers have all had it so we just compare our surgery stories,and have a great time.

I own it. That is, I haven't had it yet, but I just got in front of it since there's no way someone would believe I lost that much so fast on my own.

People only care about results anyway. I haven't run into too much hemming and haughing, not that it would bother me, but it would all dissipate after the weight loss.

Y'all have given me a lot to consider. I have been on the fence about telling vs not telling. The fact is, as much as my mother and my sibs love me, they will not be positive about this. They are an opinionated bunch. My mom is an RN, as am I, so she won't be easily fooled with vague explanations. She's a pretty smart cookie.

I know they'll say I'm not fat enough. Hmmmm, my BMI-38 would say otherwise. Two of my sisters weigh a lot more than me--both are in the 300-lb range and have serious comorbidities. They are both vehemently opposed to WLS. My other sister and my brother are in the normal to underweight range. They definitely don't get it. My DH already spilled the Beans to his 110-lb sister, who reactly strongly against the idea. Seriously, DH? You thought she would be supportive? Every time we get together she turns the subject to how disgusting fat people are!

Frankly, I don't need their oversight. I plan to keep it to myself until such time as I am ready to reveal it. I live far away from our families, but eventually they will realize I lost a lot of weight. I may choose to share then.

It really is up to you who you tell and what you say. I told very few people in advance because I didn't want their opinions.likewise, I didn't want to have to keep reassuring them it would be ok when I was pretty apprehensive myself, lol!

However, once I started losing weight and people started asking why, I shocked myself by telling them the whole story!!! I certainly wasn't ashamed at any stage, that's not why I didn't speak up sooner. But you know the people in your life and how they will react - my attitude was that I didn't want to invite opinions I knew wouldn't be positive.

Do what you want, this is your journey and theres no right or wrong thing to do. But keep an open mind - you may want to tell others as time goes by.

Good luck :-)

I have only told 3 ppl about my wls, and had someone ask did you have the "sleeve", I looked at her and said What is the "sleeve"? I felt guilty also, for a while, then I got Pissd off....Like what the Hell kind of questions is that..NONE of YOUR business....

I have only told 3 ppl about my wls, and had someone ask did you have the "sleeve", I looked at her and said What is the "sleeve"? I felt guilty also, for a while, then I got Pissd off....Like what the Hell kind of questions is that..NONE of YOUR business....

What a totally intrusive question to ask someone?

I'm still pre op but I'm sure someone will ask wow, how are you losing all that weight?

I'm going to say... I'm very focused on Portion Control, Protein and Water intake and exercise.

Do NOT feel bad for saying no.

If I'm ever confronted like that, I will deny it as well.

People that I work with already talk smack about the lady who gets plastic surgery. I'm very private. I make it a point to protect my privacy and not provide gossip material for the peanut gallery!

I tell everyone I had surgery and don't care what they think about me. I'm sure they dislike a lot about me but I did have the surgery and often try to encourage others,that have been or are going through what we all went through. True its no one business and I'm just an upfront person that tells people. Nothing wrong because you lied about it . It's your business and not theirs so what if you don't want to tell anyone that's your choice.