Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any regrets or bad side efects?!

Total regret here. Living with this dark cloud above me has made my life hell. I shouldn't of had the surgery having any doubts of wanting to go through with it. Too late. It's done. Trying my best to move on. I pray everyday I can move past all this. God Bless.

How long has it been that you had surgery?

Total regret here. Living with this dark cloud above me has made my life hell. I shouldn't of had the surgery having any doubts of wanting to go through with it. Too late. It's done. Trying my best to move on. I pray everyday I can move past all this. God Bless.

Why do you regret the surgery if you dont mind me asking?

I wouldn't say I regret it ,IM 7 weeks sleeve on Monday ,but IM just not enjoying it yet and I guess it from all the changes ,I.hate going out to dinner right now becuz a few bites IM done , I hate all the heartburn ,I hate my tummy talks and move all day like a baby Inside it , I hate IM still sore in my tummy after almost 7 weeks , I hate I don't like most of the food I use too like even the healthy one besides fish and chicken and Soups that's all I can eat and IM burned out already with it but I have to eat ,so.....maybe 6 mos from I may feel different but as of now I can say I don't really.like my sleeve yet but regret Hmmm still out on that one

I am just over a month out. I regret every minute of having the surgery.. Mostly because I had doubts going into it and wasn't 100%... I shouldn't of had the surgery having had any doubts at all. I haven't felt good at all, I cannot stomach the Protein Shakes, I am always dizzy and no energy... My immune system is so out of whack.. I guess I am so disappointed in myself for going through with it.. Before surgery, I was a little over weight, but not extreme, I should of tried harder to lose it on my own. At least I felt healthy and energetic.. I now feel as though I ruined my life. I'm so depressed and regretful. I hope it gets easier... Best wishes to everyone..

When you can get regular eating reestablished - and u will - you'll feel a lot better. Perhaps u shouldn't have had the op but as you say, it's irreversible. It also was t your decision alone, so don't beat yourself up over it - that anger with yourself will hold u back. I'll. bet you could fight through all sorts of debilitating symptoms if you were a cancer or accident survivor nursing life saving scars, so why not this? Make a decision to live well and then make it happen. You don't have to be perfect or to make perfect decisions all the time. Good luck.

I am 8 months out now and I am happy I had the surgery. However for the first 3-4 months I questioned wether I had made the right decision.

With each day it seemed my eating and drinking became easier and more normal and the regrets began to dissipate. I am a slow loser but I am

losing and I feel more energetic and happy than I have in a very long time.

No regrets here, except that I didn't do this surgery sooner. 3.5 months post op, 52 lbs down, no complications, no pain, and co-morbidities (diabetes, high blood pressure, coronary artery disease) all under control.

Maybe the difference is that I did this to save my life -- and my feet (I was heading toward diabetic neuropathy, and future foot problems). That I feel and look better than I have in years is such a bonus. And, oh darn, going to need a whole new wardrobe!

As far as food addiction, I'll always have that. For me, food was the weapon I used to beat myself up. Maybe I am just still in the "honeymoon" period, but I'm dealing with it okay. Turning my food addiction into exercise addiction, isn't a bad thing. I also read a lot of books by other WLS patients and incorporate their suggestions into my life. If that stops working, I'll reach out for professional help.

Good luck on your journey. It's going to be amazing!

No regrets here' date=' except that I didn't do this surgery sooner. 3.5 months post op, 52 lbs down, no complications, no pain, and co-morbidities (diabetes, high blood pressure, coronary artery disease) all under control.

Maybe the difference is that I did this to save my life -- and my feet (I was heading toward diabetic neuropathy, and future foot problems). That I feel and look better than I have in years is such a bonus. And, oh darn, going to need a whole new wardrobe!

As far as food addiction, I'll always have that. For me, food was the weapon I used to beat myself up. Maybe I am just still in the "honeymoon" period, but I'm dealing with it okay. Turning my food addiction into exercise addiction, isn't a bad thing. I also read a lot of books by other WLS patients and incorporate their suggestions into my life. If that stops working, I'll reach out for professional help.

Good luck on your journey. It's going to be amazing![/quote']

Cindy, would you mind sharing the names of those books?

Cindy' date=' would you mind sharing the names of those books?[/quote']

Check out this thread: http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/85547-good-books-for-the-emotional-aspects-of-post-surgery/

Just search Amazon for gastric sleeve, but almost any WLS book is good.

Happy reading!

Check out this thread: http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/85547-good-books-for-the-emotional-aspects-of-post-surgery/

Just search Amazon for gastric sleeve' date=' but almost any WLS book is good.

Happy reading![/quote']

Thanks!! I've been reading the big WLS book. Good stuff!

For the first week I had buyers remorse. Why did I do this to myself? But my band had to be taken out so why not just add another painful procedure and get it over with?

I'm now 6 weeks out and no regrets. I've now lost 18 lbs (started at 174 so it's gunna come off slower) and doing great. The only thing I've found that my tummy doesn't appreciate is ice cream. Why bother going on with life? Gives me stomach cramps.

Good luck to you!

So far I definitely regret having the surgery. My operation was July 29th and I've been riddled with complications since. I've had 3 EGDs with balloon dilation, a stent placed and then removed five days later. I've spent a total of 20 days in the hospital so far and for the last ten days until at least October I will survive on TPN nutrition for 12 hours a night through a PICC line at home. The surgeon says that my stomach is still twisted/kinked but because it is so irritated and inflamed he wants to wait until October to intervene.

My hope is that things improve and that I'll be able to eat again one day. I was so excited for this surgery and I really don't want to regret it long term.

So far I definitely regret having the surgery. My operation was July 29th and I've been riddled with complications since. I've had 3 EGDs with balloon dilation' date=' a stent placed and then removed five days later. I've spent a total of 20 days in the hospital so far and for the last ten days until at least October I will survive on TPN nutrition for 12 hours a night through a PICC line at home. The surgeon says that my stomach is still twisted/kinked but because it is so irritated and inflamed he wants to wait until October to intervene.

My hope is that things improve and that I'll be able to eat again one day. I was so excited for this surgery and I really don't want to regret it long term.[/quote']

Oh no! Im sorry to hear that i truly hope you get well soon...hearing things like this really make me think twice about having this surgery.

I am just over a month out. I regret every minute of having the surgery.. Mostly because I had doubts going into it and wasn't 100%... I shouldn't of had the surgery having had any doubts at all. I haven't felt good at all' date=' I cannot stomach the Protein shakes, I am always dizzy and no energy... My immune system is so out of whack.. I guess I am so disappointed in myself for going through with it.. Before surgery, I was a little over weight, but not extreme, I should of tried harder to lose it on my own. At least I felt healthy and energetic.. I now feel as though I ruined my life. I'm so depressed and regretful. I hope it gets easier... Best wishes to everyone..[/quote']

I'm about a month out, I understand the dizzy and not only do I hate the flavor of chocolate since surgery I can't drink the Protein drinks due to a new allergy to them, I broke out in tiny blister like rash from head to toe two days ago was going to wait to see my PCP on Monday but the itching was so bad I had to go to the urgent care. Was told not to drink them till I get in to see my PCP for allergy testing to see what ingredient I'm allergic to.

But I don't regret it.. I've just been trying to get my Protein by eating different things that are mushy do I get it all in? No. But for now all I can do is try. I have an appt with my NUT on Tuesday where we can discuss where to go from here.

Everything in life has its ups and downs... I found my down but there is only one way to go from here...

Keep your chin up. Things will get better!

I'm about a month out' date=' I understand the dizzy and not only do I hate the flavor of chocolate since surgery I can't drink the Protein drinks due to a new allergy to them, I broke out in tiny blister like rash from head to toe two days ago was going to wait to see my PCP on Monday but the itching was so bad I had to go to the urgent care. Was told not to drink them till I get in to see my PCP for allergy testing to see what ingredient I'm allergic to.

But I don't regret it.. I've just been trying to get my Protein by eating different things that are mushy do I get it all in? No. But for now all I can do is try. I have an appt with my NUT on Tuesday where we can discuss where to go from here.

Everything in life has its ups and downs... I found my down but there is only one way to go from here...

Keep your chin up. Things will get better![/quote']

Were you allergic to the Protein shakes before your op?