Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery was August 20th

In the post op stage! I have to confess I questioned my decision doing this. It is not the easiest thing to do BUT today day 3 of post surgery I feel pretty good. I've lost 15 lbs since my pre-op appt a week ago! This is not easy to do so don't go into this thinking it is a cake walk. Think positive thoughts and walk a lot and that will help with the pain. I'm already doing fantasy shopping in my head! Life is good!

Congrats on the 15! And :D on the feeling better today!

I am just beginning the journey. Hoping to schedule surgery for January.

Wishing you the best!

Kel

August 20th surgery date. I had my gall bladder taken out at the same time and I can honestly say this was by far harder then child birth! The pain I felt was unbearable. I cried and cried I even said why did I do this to myself? But I'm feeling a little better today still in pain but not as bad just cant get comfortable enough to sleep well. Best of luck to you all I know we will all do well

August 20th surgery date. I had my gall bladder taken out at the same time and I can honestly say this was by far harder then child birth! The pain I felt was unbearable. I cried and cried I even said why did I do this to myself? But I'm feeling a little better today still in pain but not as bad just cant get comfortable enough to sleep well. Best of luck to you all I know we will all do well

As someone who had their gallbladder and sleeve done at the same time, I will tell you it gets better every day. At 2 and a half weeks I felt completely normal like I didn't have surgery. I was a complete mess the first week. I am now 3 and a half weeks and down 21 pounds, very happy!! Stay positive!

In the post op stage! I have to confess I questioned my decision doing this. It is not the easiest thing to do BUT today day 3 of post surgery I feel pretty good. I've lost 15 lbs since my pre-op appt a week ago! This is not easy to do so don't go into this thinking it is a cake walk. Think positive thoughts and walk a lot and that will help with the pain. I'm already doing fantasy shopping in my head! Life is good!

Hey I also had my surgery on the 20th, how are you tolerating the Protein? And do experience stomach spasms!

No stomach spasms I'm using Atkins chocolate Protein Shakes and I have some Hawaiian.punch sugar free packets ... King of slow drinking it I've only consumed about 36oz Water and 12gr Protein today

As someone who had their gallbladder and sleeve done at the same time, I will tell you it gets better every day. At 2 and a half weeks I felt completely normal like I didn't have surgery. I was a complete mess the first week. I am now 3 and a half weeks and down 21 pounds, very happy!! Stay positive!

Thanks for the words of encouragement : )

Down 17 lbs one week tomorrow since surgery! I am learning my "full" points. I am looking forward to the pureed foods stage. I am fortunate to be working from home and won't return to work till Wednesday. I have learned a lot through this process. What triggers my bad eating and where my priorities really where. This past week I completely shut down work. I'm one that typically would respond during my vacation this time it was for me. Now I will confess I did check email (only out of boredom - BUT - I did not respond to them! Huge step for me). My stress at work is my trigger. I gave myself an overall goal of November to change things. First, focus on me and my health, second, if the job doesn't work anymore time to make a change!

Life is good! I can honestly say that just the 17 lbs has made a difference in me! I can't wait to see what happens when I reach my ultimate goal of losing a total of 100 lbs!

Hey all. I'm on my 3rd post-op day as well. 2nd post-op day was pretty awful. I'm having a lot of difficulty getting much in. I've been sipping consistently all day, alternating between broth, Water and the Protein Shake. I tried drinking a big gulp all at once (like 2 oz.) of the Protein shake and immediately had a bout of diarrhea. It's frustrating, but it is what it is. My surgeon wanted me to transition to pureed foods already, but that's just too much, I think my stomach needs time to recover. It is weird to learn to sip, I have always been a gulper!

Hey all. I'm on my 3rd post-op day as well. 2nd post-op day was pretty awful. I'm having a lot of difficulty getting much in. I've been sipping consistently all day' date=' alternating between broth, Water and the Protein shake. I tried drinking a big gulp all at once (like 2 oz.) of the Protein Shake and immediately had a bout of diarrhea. It's frustrating, but it is what it is. My surgeon wanted me to transition to pureed foods already, but that's just too much, I think my stomach needs time to recover. It is weird to learn to sip, I have always been a gulper![/quote']

Oak park Lorena- yes me too ! I was sleeved 8/16 and its so irritating to learn to sip. I'm about 10 days after still trying to get used to it - best of luck !

I was sleeved on Aug. 22 (day 4 post op today). I gotta tell you guys - I'm pretty miserable. I keep seeing people say they have no pain, they didn't need pain meds after getting home, etc. That is not my story. Although I'm getting in my Protein and fluids, I am SOOOOO sore. My incision sites hurt like crazy. Also, I feel hungry. Which is making me really cranky because my stomach won't tolerate anything. I hope this gets better. Today has been a rough day for me.

I feel your pain, I was also on the 22nd and have not had a good day yet. Having a hard time getting Water in let alone Protein. I can't stand up straight and my belly really hurts. Hoping to turn a corner very soon.

I, too, had my VSG & gallbladder out on the 22nd. I'm told my gallbladder was HUGE & they had to cut it into three pieces to get it out! I have the video of my surgery & it took longer for them to free up & remove my gallbladder than it did to do the sleeve. Still, only the one of six incisions is a bit sore & I'm able to get by on just acetaminophen for pain.

The main issue I've been having for the last couple of days is "gurgling" gassy intestines & liquid stools (TMI, I know). But I know it will improve once I get to add Protein shakes on day 8.