Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

almost 2 months post op. need some encouragement

so lately ive been feeling a little discouraged. im almost 2 months post op and its been about three weeks that i got back from my trip meaning that im no longer getting help with my meal plans and routine as i had been during my first month recovery. now im doing this all by myself and i gotta say its damn hard. ive been failing to keep up with my Water intake and my Protein im trying the best that i could. now being back into my regular routine back home its like i dont know where to begin. ive been choosing healthy meals trying my best to eat every 2 hours like my doctor indicated, but it just doesnt happen that way every day and im worried about if im gonna be able to do this the right way. i finally got my Protein shake today, the other one i drank was giving me milk allergy. and i also got my Biotin and Vitamins so i know my energy is gonna come back. i havent been to the gym in about a week and i havent walked as much as i know i should have. i think my reality is setting in and i just need a little push in the right direction again to see if i can get my head together and wrap it around what i did again. i had an incident where i threw up after i ate because of over eating which definitely reminded me of what i had done so im slowly but surely getting the hang of how much i can eat and just what i have to do for my health as a whole.

some words of encouragement?? please throw them my way... :(:blink::wacko:

Yes darlin, hey you are from Jersey, you can handle anything if you can handle Jersey!

OK, step back...

Plan your routine (I get a strong sense that you want and need the routine, I understand... I do too)... SO, plan it and follow it strictly for a few days.

You can also take a "step back"... find the Protein supplement that works and go liquid only for a week or so...

For me, avoiding carbs, 'specially simple carbs, is very important. They make be tired and HUNGRY!!! My day is liquid, Protein and veggies...

And you'll do great. Get up on that horse and ride!!!

You are going to be fine!! I too am almost 2 months out and have trouble getting the required fluids and Proteins in. It's hard, I know and the overeating feeling sucks. I was at red lobster yesterday and ate 1/2 biscuit and like 5 spoons of lobster bisque and I felt horrible!! Some things I eat- string cheese, chicken, turkey, shrimp, fish, 2x's the Protein greek yogurt and eggs.... The way I drink,,, I fill my glass with crushed ice then add Water and some chrystal light for flavor. I try hard to get all the required fluids/protein in daily, but to be honest, I'm not sure if I have at all... I have my doctor appointment today and we shall see what my nut and surgeon have to say, but either way, I'm trying so...yea. Im going to go to the Vitamin shop today and try the nector protein, because I gave up on Protein Shakes over a month ago, as I just got too frustrated with room-temp drinks (took to long to drink). Hope I find something I like, and I will be posting later when I'm done at the doctor. Try not to beat yourself up, this is a tough journey we are on, and it is going to take time to adjust to all the changes, but YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!

BTW- I'm in NJ too!!!

I'm almost eight weeks post op and I have to keep reminding myself that this is something I need to constantly work at and constantly improve on. I make mistakes on a regular basis, but, I try a little harder the next day. You will get there! Fortunately the sleeve doesn't give you the option of giving up. I know that if I hadn't had the surgery I would have definitely given up by now. It sounds like you are being quite hard on yourself. Be kind to yourself and make small improvements each day. (ps. I have eaten ice cream three times and each time it has made me feel sick - some lessons are harder to learn than others) Good luck!

So glad we all have some of the same problems... Are any of you super emotional? I am!!!

you've got some great advice from the previous posters...I cannot add much more except to agree with them...I am almost 4 months post-op and still in a learning curve...like Camella with the ice cream, I have overeaten my sleeve on a few occasions and felt miserable and each time I think "I have learned my lesson now"...you are going to have setbacks (and, yes, even weight loss stalls), but just keep going and feel proud of yourself for the effort and for moving in the right direction...also, even though others will probably disagree, I would not stress much about the liquid and Protein intake...I was very concerned because I wasn't reaching the goals set by my NUT, but when I had my follow-up with my surgeon at about 3 months, he wasn't concerned at all and said I was doing fine with both...best wishes on your journey and I recommend hanging out here on the board as you have time--it's a great source of info and encouragement--and when you need to vent!

I'm sorry your having such a hard time, I think we all get discouraged. I had to work really hard at creating "a new normal" I'm still working on it:) Things that I find that help me is to plan and pack my meals, Snacks and waters. So even though I work from home and ESPECIALLY on the weekends I have everything I need until dinner time in my lunch box. I am one of those crazy people who LOVE my Protein Shakes and I usually incorporate them into my lunch box. I eat "lighter" because of this and snack on nuts, grapes, deli meat and raw veggies. I make a dinner plan each week for my family and will eat a modified version of it. So if I make chicken, ziti and broccoli I skip the ziti. This works really well for me! In terms of exercise, I set reasonable weekly goals. I have 3 kids so between school, dance, karate, soccer, etc. each week I write out a schedule for my husband and I so we know who needs to be where and when. Based on that schedule as well as our work schedules I also "schedule" in yoga classes (very new to yoga still) and gym times. I also walk every day for about 3 miles while at work. I would encourage you to plan as much as you can and try and break it down so it's not so overwhelming. I hope you find the support and encouragement you need!!!

thank you so much every one your kind words of advice definitely helped me look forward! :) i just need to keep my head on straight and not be so hard on myself. im definitely gonna start planning a schedule!!! i know itll help me cuz i need it!

woot woot jersey! haha :P