Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Long term prognosis

Anyway, I am happy with my weight - was 155# this morning and i am still doing the 5:2 but i don't track food and so am not sure that I hit the ideal targets. At this point, I am more about maintaining then even caring about those 5-10# pounds that would put me in my dream weight range of the 140s.

The 5:2? It sounds like you haven't really found much benefit from it? And that's ok if you don't!

You know I was going to say just now you lucky dog! I can eat ANYTHING and I feel fine....

But sometimes I think I'm not as "in tune" with my body as I should be....

I feel crappy today, I felt like I was going to puke whilst mountain biking. My sleeve feels like poop even though its a fast day and I've not eaten yet..

What's wrong? What's changed? I'm wearing padded compression shorts, could that be it? Them pressing on my stomach?

Or could it be that after that terrifying doctors appointment yesterday that my food intake was less than stellar? Yes after the stress was done I ate bites of things I don't normally have anymore

(Mashed potato bites, a few potato chips, etc)

Ummm... Can these things have a delayed reaction of making me feel crappy and bloated.

I look at all these people here that can't tolerate this or can't tolerate that and I think "must be nice" but I'm thinking now that they might have little less of a pain tolerance than me???

Do I just power past those signals??

A binge eater= high tolerance for discomfort= possibilities of stuffing even with the sleeve=

A potentially less than stellar long term outcome.

For me, I usually pay the price the following day. Ranging from bloated, gas, tummy ache, feeling tired, or even depressed (think its a blood sugar thing). So maybe you are ignoring the crappy feelings the following day? The only thing I've found that makes me really sorry sooner now that I'm further out is super greasy, super acidic, or spaghetti sauce.

Lynda

For me' date=' I usually pay the price the following day. Ranging from bloated, gas, tummy ache, feeling tired, or even depressed (think its a blood sugar thing). So maybe you are ignoring the crappy feelings the following day? The only thing I've found that makes me really sorry sooner now that I'm further out is super greasy, super acidic, or spaghetti sauce.

Lynda[/quote']

Yes that's what I'm thinking today.. My tolerance is high for discomfort. And even though my sleeve feels bad today I don't often slow down enough to think about it or why it might be that way. I'm potentially missing/ignoring signals!

Oh ****! You didn't see that my little schnitzel!

You know your my besty!!

Now, now, we will Share, BTB!!!

Look at your skinny body! Fantastic!

Some really great reading! I too love dr. Sharma's work and have quite a collection of links to his articles - here is another recent one that I found pretty interesting - (sorry for the OH link Alex).

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/why-bariatric-surgery-can-fail-part-2/

sorry for the underline - vsg talk hates my browser lol.

Some really great reading! I too love dr. Sharma's work and have quite a collection of links to his articles - here is another recent one that I found pretty interesting - (sorry for the OH link Alex).

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/why-bariatric-surgery-can-fail-part-2/

Thanks for putting that link up!

http://www.obesityhe...an-fail-part-2/

OMG, Chimera. THANK YOU FOR THAT ARTICLE!!

Wow it should be required reading FOR everyone who is even considering WLS. I find myself totally identifying with many key points in this article. Everything from not "reaching" goal, to the regain, to the word "failure" being bandied about in my own head. What an excellent viewpoint about the realistic outcome of surgical intervention. I'm happy to say that I do not currently consider myself a failure (but I have felt that before) and while I'm not happy about the regain (-10 of the +20 are gone!) so even though I refuse to accept the regain and will continue to battle it, I will NOT have a "normal" BMI but I'm okay with that.

Thank you again for sharing this with us...

I know right? That article really resonated for me too - all of this great reading over the last few weeks has really helped me to recalibrate my oftentimes emotional response to not being at goal already - heck I was at 80% EWL at 1 year post op and am about to ramp up my workouts and put myself back into a ketogenic state to get the rest of it off. Its been easy for me to let the carbs climb a bit - mainly through dairy and an occasional Starbucks treat - I have not been gaining, but I have not been losing much anymore either - guess I am seeing first hand how to maintain in the 172-174 lbs. range.

Really good article. And some other great articles on that site too. Thank you for the link.

Another good article - sobering but important. Should be one part of some compulsory pre-reading for all bariatric patients.

Great article. My Doc said he would not give me a goal weight, because He did not want me to feel disappointed if I reached a different weight in the end. His Dr. Assistant asked me if I could be happy losing 50 pounds (20% of my weight) and I said yes, but 90 would be better. I can see the context of their comments better now.