Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

waffles wafting gently in the wind

I have my window cracked open this morning at dawn for some fresh air and I smell waffles wafting in the wind from a neighbors house 500 feet away. How fair is that?!?!? It smells so good. Surprised I can pick this smell up considering it is coming from inside their house. It really is messing with my concentration. :) I cannot say such a smell has caused quite a reaction as this since way before surgery.

Yum... I'm drooling now

I have my window cracked open this morning at dawn for some fresh air and I smell waffles wafting in the wind from a neighbors house 500 feet away. How fair is that?!?!? It smells so good. Surprised I can pick this smell up considering it is coming from inside their house. It really is messing with my concentration. :) I cannot say such a smell has caused quite a reaction as this since way before surgery.

I love waffles I have one of those Waring double waffle irons. I have been asking my boys if they want some so that I can steal a forkful and they keep telling me no mom you have waffled us out.

Close the window asap!! Or indulge the smell and after a bit u might get disgusted. Lol its a try.

OK it has stopped after an hour. Boy, was that torture! I might have to raise an olive branch to get the neighbor to close their window. Lol. I work at home and I definitely had waffles on the brain and my stomach was nudging me, begging me to satisfy it. Being a post op is always going to be a challenge and requires a strong defense. Been good so far!

Lol...that is too funny! Good for you and your control! I might have succumbed and just made one to have ONE bite to satisfy that craving....THANKFULLY, the thought of food in the a.m. makes me nauseous ;)

Good thing I don't like waffles much...but if it were bacon, oh that would be a test! ;)

How do you know it was waffles and not pancakes? lol. I know what you mean though. I have made some pretty good high-protein waffles in the past (not since surgery, but previously when I did low carb). Might be worth checking out.

So, I'm totally not helping here. Just a warning.

But I can't really eat pancakes post op. Just too...bready? A few bites and I'm done.

But I can eat one waffle if that's all I choose to eat for a meal. I do it once or twice a year for Breakfast. That lovely cripsy crust means I can eat a bit more than usual. The recipe I use is sweet enough that all they need is a touch of butter (I use some maple sugar in the batter) and they're good to go. The kids like them enough they warm frozen ones (because of course I triple the recipe so we can freeze a couple dozen) in the toaster and eat them in the car with no Syrup while we're out doing errands.

Mmmm. Waffles. Waffles are a treat in my house, but definitely not a forbidden food. Except today. Today's a fast day, so no waffles for me. :(

~Cheri

Fiddle I live close to a donut shop!

When the early morning wind is just right and my bedroom window is open? Bam! Waking up to the smell of fresh fried fritters, and all sorts of other yummy kinds...

It's a good thing I'm to lazy to get up and do anything about it :P

Oh Protein bake mix? Would that help?

Laura - that must be so hard for you. You get an award for most will power at the break of dawn. :)

Laura - that must be so hard for you. You get an award for most will power at the break of dawn. :)

Yeah I wouldn't of win that a last year! :P

But really what do you think of the low carb soy Protein baking mixes? I know soy Protein isn't the best right? But I just bought one for kicks..

No worries honey! I'll make you a Protein packed caramel apple pancake from the world according to eggface website soon!

Here are some ways to still enjoy pancakes. I don't know if Eggface has any recipes that would work for waffles tho...

http://theworldaccor...ancake-day.html

Looks like "National pancake Day" is coming up next month. Do we NEED a day to Celebrate pancakes? I know they have "National" days for all sorts of junk food, trying hard to remember if I ever saw "National Broccoli Day"....hummmmm.