Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Redundancy

always seems to coincide with ignorant, which can be used in a derogatory way, or in a literal sense, to describe many thread starters. Maybe I am?

Point being....spend more than 30 seconds researching whatever topic it is you'd like to know about on VST before you whine and moan about whatever it is. Good grief. There is an excellent search feature that will lead you just about any where you want to go on here. So many common questions covered 10 times a day, and a new thread for each. They always tend to clutter up useful topics that end up on page 2, 3, 4, etc which in turn become irrelevant unless someone thinks to SEARCH.

Also, listen to your surgeon.

Don't come on here looking for support to do something stupid like jump ahead in the diet or "what to do if I go out with friends...". Don't be ashamed, tell the truth, eat your 3 bites, and let your friends get over the fact that you had surgery. If you have to be private about it for fear of what others think, then you should reevaluate your priorities. Not saying you have to tell the world, but don't hide it. Embrace the fact that you're changing yourself. Worry about YOU, not THEM. The heck with what everyone thinks. This is time to rebuild yourself. If your friends and family can't handle that, set them to the side. Don't let them hold you back or get you down, or make you feel inferior.

I may come across like a butthole, and so be it, but this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. Shed the bad in everything and embrace the good. Keep it real. Don't sugarcoat or coddle and just do the damn thing. People want to be reassured of everything they do, and that's fine, but do yourself and everyone else a favor and look for that reassurance already posted in the same topic 241924 other times. Solve the problem you have by listening to your doctor, or then, if you want some affirmation, read the 29147123 topics people have already started about the SAME DANG THING....if you have something new, don't sweat it, post up, this thread has nothing to do with you.

JJajajaja I was reading and smiling. Lol I totally agree with you. Especially about telling people. I personally told the whole world and there mom. I did get some negetive responses but I could care less.

I agree %100. I am tired of seeing "I am X weeks out can I have pizza, soda, Cookies, etc.".

JJajajaja I was reading and smiling. Lol I totally agree with you. Especially about telling people. I personally told the whole world and there mom. I did get some negetive responses but I could care less.

Same here. I tell random people some times when it comes up. Las night out at a bar and this guy kept getting on me about drinking Water. Then I said something to him about the surgery. I spent 30mins talking to him about it because he was a big guy and wanted to lose weight. lol.

Thank you for this post

Don't come on here looking for support to do something stupid

JustinNC

congrats on losing 112 lbs!!!! :)

Terrific!!!

i am 19 month post op - at goal

I "respectively" disagree with your post :o

sometimes - it does get tiring hearing all the "redundant" questions concerning stalls, bowel movements, vomitting, et al

many people skip over the topic headings of "stall", vomitting, et al

thats ok and understandable

some/many silly people asking "hmmmm, its day two, and i just had 3 slices of pizza, is that ok???"

they know its not ok!!!! "what kindof silly newly sleeved person would do such a thing??? :o

People can/and should search certain words/problems

but - i think they need/want someone to talk to, reassuring they will be ok

they can't "hear" a book - or the search area :mellow:

sure its crazy that they ate that pizza, they are aware of that, NEWBIES are people too!!!! ;)

the mistake is done and over with - they just want to hear from others they "still will live"

there are people that might "yell" in essence saying how stupid are you???

what good does that do????

BUT...............

I remember when i was a newbie :)

i was thankful that these questions were being asked and answered!!!!

to many OP (me included) you/I appreciate a direct response to my own personal question :)

you feel like someone is in the next room - being concerned/talking to you - trying to help you/me

we are here to support each other :)

thats the name of the game

but i sometimes feel like "we/me are paying it forward" - helping other newbies et al - "they" were there when i needed them :)

to all newbies and OP

go ahead - ask your questions!!!!

we're here for you, regardless............

but..........please don't eat that pizza yet ^_^

kathy

Point being....spend more than 30 seconds researching whatever topic it is you'd like to know about on VST before you whine and moan about whatever it is. Good grief. There is an excellent search feature that will lead you just about any where you want to go on here. So many common questions covered 10 times a day' date=' and a new thread for each. They always tend to clutter up useful topics that end up on page 2, 3, 4, etc which in turn become irrelevant unless someone thinks to SEARCH.

Also, listen to your surgeon.

I may come across like a butthole, and so be it, but this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. Shed the bad in everything and embrace the good. Keep it real. Don't sugarcoat or coddle and just do the damn thing. People want to be reassured of everything they do, and that's fine, but do yourself and everyone else a favor and look for that reassurance already posted in the same topic 241924 other times. Solve the problem you have by listening to your doctor, or then, if you want some affirmation, read the 29147123 topics people have already started about the SAME DANG THING....if you have something new, don't sweat it, post up, this thread has nothing to do with you.[/quote']

Get over it and get over yourself. There are new people joining thus forum everyday. AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM IS ABOUT TO OR ALREADY HAS MADE A HUGE LIFESTYLE CHANGE! Making such a huge change is tough and people need to support each other. Not tell others not to post a question that they have that might have been already posted. Everybody's situation is a little different. And they should have the right to receive support from purple who have already been in a similar situation.

Not everyone's surgeon is available to call up for a quick chat anytime he or she might have a question. And, yes, surgeons do know a lot, but most of them haven't actually had the surgery. Which is why this forum exists. So people can talk to others who have had the same surgery.

As for the search function, yes, it is great... for general info. But, sometimes it can be really hard to find an answer to a question that can just as easily be posted in a new thread.

Bottom line is that EVERYONE deserves to be heard and supported by others in a similar situation. Like I said, get over it and get over yourself. If you can't, go start a Facebook page or something where you can make the rules.

Get over it and get over yourself. There are new people joining thus forum everyday.

I agree SarahBeth. If one doesn't like the repeat posts, don't read 'em. Last time I checked, my scroll function worked just fine. That's how I get past the ones I don't want/need to read. This forum is made up of all types - just like the real world!

Get over it and get over yourself. There are new people joining thus forum everyday. AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM IS ABOUT TO OR ALREADY HAS MADE A HUGE LIFESTYLE CHANGE! Making such a huge change is tough and people need to support each other. Not tell others not to post a question that they have that might have been already posted. Everybody's situation is a little different. And they should have the right to receive support from purple who have already been in a similar situation.

The support is here. I can't tell you how many people I've helped in the chat room and given advice to. My point is, it IS a LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE!....Ever heard of the wise old owl that sat in the oak??? Take the time to research it instead of running to the web and whining about it. 5 minutes here told me more about what to expect than I could have ever imagined. As I have already said and will point out later, if it's something new or you can't find, POST IT UP and I'll be happy to share my response. Just stop the redundancy of the SOS DD....or SOS SAME DAY. I suppose because it is labeled as a support forum, people feel the need to wallow in self pitty and panic rather than take the time to try to figure out how to get out of it without drawing attention to themselves.

Yes I am a ball of sunshine, as are you my dear ;)

Not everyone's surgeon is available to call up for a quick chat anytime he or she might have a question. And, yes, surgeons do know a lot, but most of them haven't actually had the surgery. Which is why this forum exists. So people can talk to others who have had the same surgery.

The internet is full of information. This forum in particular. Just about anything you could ever want to know about it, and I believe the next subsection I've quoted will cover the fact that I covered that.

As for the search function, yes, it is great... for general info. But, sometimes it can be really hard to find an answer to a question that can just as easily be posted in a new thread.

I think I covered that already.

Ive got Facebook, no group, but many like minded individuals, some of which have posted on here about it. It's a rant, you don't like the rant, skip it and GET OVER YOURSELF much like the advice you gave me :)

Good day ;)

Furthermore....the failure to heed one's advice is comical at best :) I'm all for support and help. Hard to give it when the same post tailored to XYZ screen name keeps bumping the threads down ;)

I agree SarahBeth. If one doesn't like the repeat posts, don't read 'em. Last time I checked, my scroll function worked just fine. That's how I get past the ones I don't want/need to read. This forum is made up of all types - just like the real world!

And how do we know they're repeat posts unless we read them? Just sayin...

Also, yeah this IS the rants forum...

Justin, just reading your profile; looks like you are a little over 4 months out, down 117 lbs. You look great, by the way. But it's too bad you feel so much hostility towards others who haven't gotten to where you are.

I think its pretty funny that people are reading and posting on this thread about if you don't like other threads don't read them and scroll by them. But then people complain about this thread saying they don't like it are reading it and posting comments. I guess your scroll function has stopped working.

Everyone has a opinion if you don't like it thats ok. but don't give people advice if you don't follow said advice.