Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi

I am Patty, age 55, 3 grown kids, 2 grandchildren. 5+ years colon cancer free (yeah yeah), severe sleep apnea, diabetics and a personal loathing of my body - led me down the path for about a 7 month pre-op period to my destination of July 25. 2013 when I was sleeved. Literally went all the way through the process, out for the surgery, without any guarantees they could even do it due to scar tissue from colon cancer surgeries. I just knew I had to do everything in my power to get there, even if the outcome was not good.

I woke up on the other side, not only sleeved, but they were able to do it laprascopically, scar tissue was more south and everything was wonderful. The surgeon very pleased- everything has progressed nicely so far. I am off of diabetic meds (surgeon says cure, internist says "surgeons always say that") feel like I have more control of my destiny, so loathing is not present anymore!

Here for support, found this site at 4:30am after waking up due to hunger? pain? gas?- who knows. Looking forward to puree foods starting on the 15th!

I wanted to see how you are doing about a week out. Can you eat, drink ect and how much.?

I wanted to see how you are doing about a week out. Can you eat, drink ect and how much.?

Yes, I still drink 1 ounce of Water every 15 mins, none 30 mins before meals- which is currently 1 ounce cream Soup, 1 ounce Jello and 1 ounce fruit juice. I have popscicles in between (sugar free of course). I do have quite the gurgling stomach with the Soup, but it passes in time.

Also 4 ounces of Protein drink, once early morning, then late afternoon. Can take it in about .5 ounce at a time

(how does one post their "ticker" on their comments?)

Hi Patteee! So glad you are doing well. You certainly have been through the ringer.

Congratulations Patteee. I too a cancer survivor 2 + years. Many blessings and good luck on your weight loss journey. I can't weight lol (I spelled it that way on purpose) for my 6 month Dr. Appts to be over.

Looking forward to puree foods starting on the 15th!

7/25 was my sleeve day too! I can't wait until the 15th comes around and I can eat puréed foods. In dying for something with texture!

I was wondering how you are doing pain wise. Mine has gotten better, but my incisions still hurt and I can't seem to make it without my pain meds.

Congrats and so glad you found this board! There are a lot of wonderful and helpful people on here!

You can add a ticker by clicking on your username in the top right corner and go to 'my tickers' If you need any help, feel free to message me!

Glad u are all doing so well hope mine goes good when it happens that is.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

7/25 was my sleeve day too! I can't wait until the 15th comes around and I can eat puréed foods. In dying for something with texture!

I was wondering how you are doing pain wise. Mine has gotten better, but my incisions still hurt and I can't seem to make it without my pain meds.

I have been great with pain- literally pain med free since the day after surgery. I do take liquid tylenol for headaches and ankle pain, but no gut pain at all. Went for a 3.5 mile walk yesterday with family- a bit sore on my legs today, but not bad considering how long it has been since I went that distance.

:rolleyes: I had my sleeve surgery on 7/17. I had many of the same problems minus the cancer. My diabetes is dropping already. Blood pressure has been normal but I just started back to work today. I am hoping I can maintain the blood pressure now that I am back at work.

I hope you will be blessed since your sleeve surgery and I pray your cancer will disapear.

Good luck and I look forward to following how you are doing!

Snookie

:rolleyes: I had my sleeve surgery on 7/17. I had many of the same problems minus the cancer. My diabetes is dropping already. Blood pressure has been normal but I just started back to work today. I am hoping I can maintain the blood pressure now that I am back at work.

I hope you will be blessed since your sleeve surgery and I pray your cancer will disapear.

Good luck and I look forward to following how you are doing!

Snookie

Hi Snookie, it's great that God diabetes is dropping. What a blessing. Makes all of the pain worth it at the end. May you continue to be blessed with good health. Question - why did it take you do long to return to work? Was it the recovery time? l

my surgery was July 24th.... I have had no pain and I realize that I have been pushing myself to much by reading the other stories here.... very informant and I just felt so good but I'm going to slow it up because I don't want to wreck this gift!

Absolutely this is a gift, I knew it even before I got it how priceless it would be. Cancer feels like a lifetime ago- it is something I can go days without even thinking about it. In many ways it set me up for wl surgery- I knew I wasn't going to get many more miles on this body unless I did something drastic. I am blessed, absolutely blessed to be here and moving forward everyday.

On a lighter side, lol, I hope to ditch the cpap machine in the next year- my neurologist says he will redo the sleep study when I am 130 lbs. For now, the cpap lets me get the best night sleep, and what a gift that has been, as well as a normal blood pressure and no morning migraines!

Can anyone tell me how they dealt with the scary fact that you can die from this surgery. I'm sorry to be so morbid but this reallllly scares me and I'm trying hard not to think about it. Yeah, I know you can die of anything but this is really making me second guess myself. Especially with the link between the sleeve and pancreatic cancer and stomach cancer. Sorry. I just really need someone help.

Can anyone tell me how they dealt with the scary fact that you can die from this surgery. I'm sorry to be so morbid but this reallllly scares me and I'm trying hard not to think about it. Yeah' date=' I know you can die of anything but this is really making me second guess myself. Especially with the link between the sleeve and pancreatic cancer and stomach cancer. Sorry. I just really need someone help.[/quote']

Hi Yvette, I had surgery on the 23rd. I am doing well now. But I had so much anxiety and fear in the few days leading to surgery and after surgery that I questioned if I were/had done the right thing. It was so scary to me once it got down to the wire. I almost backed out. As of this morning, I am down 17 lbs from my heaviest weight and feeling pretty good. Just take your time and be sure you feel good about your doctor and the facility where you will have surgery. Pray about your concerns and make the best decision for you. I'm sure you will be fine.