Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whos in September? We need some September buddies!

Hi everyone. I am officially out 1 week from my surgery and I'm doing good. Still working on getting more Fluid in. I am still on clear liquid and my dr says not to add Protein until day10? anyone else have to do that?

That's the first I've heard this. I met with my nutritionist last week and she instructed me to get at least 60g's of Protein daily. I'm on clear only day 1 and 2 of surgery. From all the research I've done....and it's been extensive....protein is critical for the right kind of weight loss. 60G is still small in comparison to what the mayo clinic suggests to lose and maintain healthy weight loss. He may have a reason. I would ask him why? Doctors are not Gods. That's why they call it a practice. The more they do the more they learn. The scary part is it's our health on the line. I always research everything because doctors, nurses, and nutritionists are not always right or do they have the best information. I wish you the best health possible.

I am a week post-op and Im down 15 pounds and feeling pretty good. I had a little emotional melt down on Saturday night because I just felt frustrated and nervous. It was weird to be at a diner and having to ask for a to go cup for my Soup broth. Even tho I feel full, I want food so bad it hurts. I want to bite into something. Im so tired of ice pops, shakes, Water, soup... that's been my life for 2 weeks now and to think I need to do it 2 more kills me. I know I can do it but im just a little miserable. Its very hard. But the weight loss helps me to remember what I did this for.

Im not getting enough calories in...I am getting atleast 60g Protein amd usually about 400 calories.

I'm probably the same as you calorie wise but probably not enough Protein and definitely not enough Water. It's weird, but seems Water is the hardest for me to swallow.

I'm probably the same as you calorie wise but probably not enough Protein and definitely not enough Water. It's weird' date=' but seems Water is the hardest for me to swallow.[/quote']

I can get the water in no problem. If the Protein shake is thick it takes me hours.

I have a hard time drinking plain Water. I user to love water and drink it constantly, but now I have to mix a SF flavor pack to get it down. :(

I have a hard time drinking plain Water. I user to love Water and drink it constantly' date=' but now I have to mix a SF flavor pack to get it down. :([/quote']

And just the packet helps??

And just the packet helps??

Yes. I get the SF Hawaiin Punch.

I am a week post-op and Im down 15 pounds and feeling pretty good. I had a little emotional melt down on Saturday night because I just felt frustrated and nervous. It was weird to be at a diner and having to ask for a to go cup for my Soup broth. Even tho I feel full, I want food so bad it hurts. I want to bite into something. Im so tired of ice pops, shakes, Water, soup... that's been my life for 2 weeks now and to think I need to do it 2 more kills me. I know I can do it but im just a little miserable. Its very hard. But the weight loss helps me to remember what I did this for.

think how fab your going to look.....food is always around...I would try to avoid eating out until soft foods

I can get the Water in no problem. If the Protein shake is thick it takes me hours.

Bari-wise are good and have Protein. They flavor your Water. Knock out two things in one. 15 to 17 g of protein. I have a feeling I'll be emptying those boxes after surgery. The Protein shakes are so flipping sweet. I like the unflavored unjury protein. I can make my own kind of smoothly. It doesn't have a strong smell either.

We are gonna look rockin in a 6 months! :-). Hang in there! I have to do 2 weeks preOp liquids and 2 after. I might go crazy myself!

@Rulla did your doctor tell you it was ok to eat pureed food already? I was told the first two weeks was any liquids (not chunky soup) and Protein Shakes were ok. Tomorrow I will be 2 weeks out (sept 10) and tomorrow is my first day of pureed. The doctor told me if i had a hard time with pureed' food then to stick with liquids a little longer, you may also try drinking a little slower you're having a hard time getting it down?

@Taminski - my instructions after surgery were 2 weeks of any liquids, just no chunky Soup broth. Also I was able to start Protein shakes immediately. I bought some Soups that were a little thicker at Trader Joe's and they actually made me feel like my meal was sufficient. If you are into Tomato they have a great soup that is in a carton and it's tomato and roasted red pepper. Just sip it like you would your normal liquids.

I have had no issues with any of the liquids or any of the soups or anything. I think everyones body works different so I just suggest changing something up. I have read some of these other people's posts on here and I thought it was disturbing to hear people already eating soft food 5 days out of surgery. Your stomach can burst... I wouldn't even go there... I was also told I could take my time with each phase and do each phase longer if I needed to, but they definintely said do not rush any of the phases because your stomach needs time to heal. I hope this helps.

Im on full liquids and I can have small stuff like sugarfree pudding. Im not having any issues except I think im eating more at one time than I should. I can eat a whole pudding cup. Thats a 1/2 cup. I know my stomach is very small, but I dont feel full. Also im having a hard time knowing when im full. So today I decided to just steer clear of the pudding and thicker stuff. Not sure what to do.

@jenni77 - I feel what your saying... sometimes the liquids don't feel like they are doing it. I have eaten some Soups that have a slightly thicker broth and that has helped. Trader Joe's has some cream type soups that are low fat and very tasty and not very thick. I will usually rotate Soup, Water, Protein Shake and even a tiny bit of fat free chocolate milk it seems to help. I start my pureed' diet tomorrow we'll see how it goes :) Good luck to you :)

@jenni77 - I feel what your saying... sometimes the liquids don't feel like they are doing it. I have eaten some Soups that have a slightly thicker broth and that has helped. Trader Joe's has some cream type soups that are low fat and very tasty and not very thick. I will usually rotate soup' date=' Water, Protein Shake and even a tiny bit of fat free chocolate milk it seems to help. I start my pureed' diet tomorrow we'll see how it goes :) Good luck to you :)[/quote']

Thanks. I wish we had a closer Trader Joes. I live just north of Tampa. I think the closest one is a couple hours from me in Sarasota. Tampa will be getting one but not until 2014.

I had my surgery in this past Thursday. Everything went well for the first two days I was so sick couldn't hold anything down. But I am in day 3 of the juice party and will be starting Protein Shakes tomorrow. Don't feel like I have lost weight.

@Rulla did your doctor tell you it was ok to eat pureed food already? I was told the first two weeks was any liquids (not chunky soup) and Protein Shakes were ok. Tomorrow I will be 2 weeks out (sept 10) and tomorrow is my first day of pureed. The doctor told me if i had a hard time with pureed' food then to stick with liquids a little longer' date=' you may also try drinking a little slower you're having a hard time getting it down? .[/quote']

Thanks. Yes, I was told just one week of liquids and then puréed.

I actually tried Gatorade yesterday and that was easier than Water.

I'm trying puréed again little by little and so far so good. But I'm definitely not getting enough nourishment as I feel very sluggish. Have to try and up my intake and more Protein.< /p>