Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whos in September? We need some September buddies!

I'm sept 16th in western ny, can't believe it's a month away!

I'm sept 16th in western ny, can't believe it's a month away!

Sept. 16 in upstate NY. Good luck to you!! :D

I am In Australia, and am on 11th September.

We only need to do the liquid diet 2 week before the op?

Would love to meet some new buddies for support.

Where should we all hook up and talk about how we are doing after surgery? This site? I am Sept 10th with Dr Alvarez in Mex. Anyone else on Sept 10th with him? I know he only does a couple of them a day, anyone on the 9th or 11th with him? I am so looking forward to this......my "fear", nausea, vomiting and a leak. I only hear good things about my surgeon and with great outcomes. I am praying!

My benefit? Let me count the ways....for one, to get back out in the world and feel good about myself, instead of going to work and back home. To wear the clothes hanging in my closet. To socialize, to travel with smaller clothes that i can mix and match easily. To go visit family and feel proud instead of not going because "I don't have anything to wear". To look forward to going places instead of dreading it. To being more active, get into a excercise routine. To getting out of bed on my days off, to being more healthy and being present in my life and live it!

I could go on and on about the benefit. I think about that more than looking at "what food I don't get to eat and the quantity that i eat" anymore. I hate it every time I drive thru to get Cookies to eat at work and hide them so others don't see me eating them. The shame of getting bigger and bigger. My scrubs getting tighter and tighter. My bras getting tighter and digging into my back. The good certainly out weigh the "bad". I am ready to get out of bed and come out of the closet.....or back into my closet and be able to wear what is in there! I want to be honest some day about the secret hell I have put myself through, hope to help others come to terms with their "hell"

And praying that we all will have great outcomes, no leaks, minimal nausea, pain and minimal tears.

Where should we all hook up and talk about how we are doing after surgery? This site? I am Sept 10th with Dr Alvarez in Mex. Anyone else on Sept 10th with him? I know he only does a couple of them a day' date=' anyone on the 9th or 11th with him? I am so looking forward to this......my "fear", nausea, vomiting and a leak. I only hear good things about my surgeon and with great outcomes. I am praying!

My benefit? Let me count the ways....for one, to get back out in the world and feel good about myself, instead of going to work and back home. To wear the clothes hanging in my closet. To socialize, to travel with smaller clothes that i can mix and match easily. To go visit family and feel proud instead of not going because "I don't have anything to wear". To look forward to going places instead of dreading it. To being more active, get into a excercise routine. To getting out of bed on my days off, to being more healthy and being present in my life and live it!

I could go on and on about the benefit. I think about that more than looking at "what food I don't get to eat and the quantity that i eat" anymore. I hate it every time I drive thru to get Cookies to eat at work and hide them so others don't see me eating them. The shame of getting bigger and bigger. My scrubs getting tighter and tighter. My bras getting tighter and digging into my back. The good certainly out weigh the "bad". I am ready to get out of bed and come out of the closet.....or back into my closet and be able to wear what is in there! I want to be honest some day about the secret hell I have put myself through, hope to help others come to terms with their "hell"

And praying that we all will have great outcomes, no leaks, minimal nausea, pain and minimal tears.[/quote']

Good luck with your surgery Michele! I'm sept 11 in Houston. Looking forward to 'after' life and keeping up with all my new sleeve friends!

I just tried the link and it says it is not available? anyone else having trouble? :unsure:

I cant get on either

I cant get on either

facebook.com/groups/524989994234822?view=group

Let's try this one. I'd love to have a place to get together online and chat with people who are going through the same thing.

Let's try this one. I'd love to have a place to get together online and chat with people who are going through the same thing.

If you're still having trouble with the Facebook group we made, you can send me your email address and I can add you.

Sassy sleevers is pretty good too, just really BIG. It has thousands of people!

Good luck with your surgery Michele! I'm sept 11 in Houston. Looking forward to 'after' life and keeping up with all my new sleeve friends!

Hi SLF1027,

I'm in Houston too, surgery scheduled for September 4th at Methodist Willowbrook with Dexter Turnquest. Do you mind sharing your surgeon's name?

~ Diana49

Hi Diana,

The link works, but the group is closed and locked. How would we join?

Diana49

Hi Diana' date='

The link works, but the group is closed and locked. How would we join?

Diana49[/quote']

Try it now.

Try it now.

If it's a secret group, you can't find it. I just changed the settings back to closed. it should be accessible now.