Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whos in September? We need some September buddies!

I'm in New Jersey' date=' what about yourself?[/quote']

I'm in Dallas, TX!

I'm in Dallas' date=' TX![/quote']

Nice, I have friends in El Paso, which is pretty far from you. Never been out there yet, they always come to Jersey lol

I am In Australia' date=' and am on 11th September.

We only need to do the liquid diet 2 week before the op?

Would love to meet some new buddies for support.[/quote']

Hi hubbachubba I'm also from Australia :) and I'm having surgery on September 11th. Nice to me you! I am only on 2 week liquid diet pre op (optifast)

Hi hubbachubba I'm also from Australia :) and I'm having surgery on September 11th. Nice to me you! I am only on 2 week liquid diet pre op (optifast)

Me too!! Sept 11th here as well and already started my 3 week pre op shake diet....

Where are you located and when do you start your pre-op diet' date=' if you have one?[/quote']

I am having my sugery at the guthrie hospital in saye PA. I have my pre-op appt on 8/29 so I should start my pre diet around the 1st or 2 nd of sept. I can't wait to get started.

Hi everybody,

I am noticing that everyone talks about a pre-surgery liquid diet of varying lengths of time. My doctor has me on just three days of a liver shrinking diet right before surgery, and even that is not all liquid. It is Protein Shakes for two meals, two small Protein Snacks, and one meal of 6 oz. lean fish or chicken plus salad with fat free vinaigrette . I sure wonder why there is so much variation. Other than this three day regimen, I am supposed to be practicing eating slowly, chewing forever, giving up carbonated beverages, cutting back on portions and fats and processed foods and not eating sweets. And getting some exercise. That's it.

Diana49

Hi everybody' date='

I am noticing that everyone talks about a pre-surgery liquid diet of varying lengths of time. My doctor has me on just three days of a liver shrinking diet right before surgery, and even that is not all liquid. It is Protein Shakes for two meals, two small Protein Snacks, and one meal of 6 oz. lean fish or chicken plus salad with fat free vinaigrette . I sure wonder why there is so much variation. Other than this three day regimen, I am supposed to be practicing eating slowly, chewing forever, giving up carbonated beverages, cutting back on portions and fats and processed foods and not eating sweets. And getting some exercise. That's it.

Diana49[/quote']

I'm not sure about that either... My surgeon is very strict. It's actually a 2 week clear liquid diet... Only sugar free clear liquids... And 2-3 Advatage Protein shakes a day only! He went as far as saying that if the liver didn't shrink Enuff he would close the incisions and do it at a later date after it did shrink,.

I need Prayers folks :)

Tc's Ready!

I'm not sure about that either... My surgeon is very strict. It's actually a 2 week clear liquid diet... Only sugar free clear liquids... And 2-3 Advatage Protein Shakes a day only! He went as far as saying that if the liver didn't shrink Enuff he would close the incisions and do it at a later date after it did shrink' date='.

I need Prayers folks :)

Tc's Ready![/quote']

Im on this liquid diet too..only i have it for three weeks instead of two...then three days of pure Clear Liquids

Tc in also 9/11

I'm the 25th

September 10th...live in Austin' date=' Texas. Dr. G. Alverez in mx. I am excited, spending all my time on the forums, can't get enough info![/quote']

I am scheduled 9/12 with Dr. Alvarez.

Hi everyone! I am scheduled for 09/12 with Dr. Alvarez in Mexico. Kinda nervous about flying on 9/11 but it should be fine I hope. I'm getting very excited. Started my Chantix today, and next Wednesday begins my 2 week pre-op diet. Hope to find some people that will be there around that time. I am planning to bring a friend, but that may not work out.