Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers...! Come on in and chat!

Pattie' date=' how are you feeling?[/quote']

I am feeling pretty good. Down 36 lbs. It's been a great start and I couldn't be happier. How are you doing?

Flying out in the morning to San Diego, surgery in TJ on Friday...nerves are going crazy tonight!

Hi everyone!! So, I am PO day 2. I'm tolerating liquids well as well as the Protein. So far, no nausea! I'm moving around a lot, mainly gas pain is rough and I am oh so bloated. No regrets; looking forward to the next stage. Only 3 teeeny tiny incisions, one being in my belly button, so it doesn't look much like I had surgery at all. Hope everyone else is doing well also :)

Moved to puréed foods today!! Any food suggestions?

Me too :) I tried purreeing some salmon, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper, veggie broth and avacado together..came out kind of meh.

But I don't exactly have an appetite either. Tomorrow Im going to try black Beans with onions. If that sucks Greek yogurt ftw.

Hello September soldiers. I'm 3 days post op. Feeling okay just having a hard time with the Protein Shakes and I experienced a lot of gas/ acid reflux. Other than that I'm doing okay.

DB loving lyfe

My Dr prescribed Prilosec to start first day home and take for 6 months every day. 2nd day home I was having a lot of acid reflux so I chewed a rolaids anit-gas/antacid. Did wonders, Dr said it was ok too. Good luck.

I am new to this site. I am calling for my appointment in the morning. My question is this. I had the lap band 6 yrs ago. It is not working for me. I want to be revised with the sleeve. Can any of you out there tell me if the pre surgery steps are the same for both procedures. Also, why are some of you taking time off from work. I had it done on a Friday and went back to work on the following Monday night.

I also had the lapband about 5 1/2 years ago. I started having problems about 2 years ago. Finally, on 9/12 I got it out with a sleeve revision. I cant really help you in the area of insurance because I was self pay with the band and because I was having problems, Kaiser took mine out and did the sleeve revision. I too returned to work quickly after the band. I think on about day 6 or 7.

No way could I do it this time. Remember this is a more extensive surgery. I am 2 weeks out and almost feel normal, but feel fatigued and no stamina. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the liquid diet. I get to start soft foods tomorrow! YAY. Anyhow, Im an RN and I do a lot of lifting, bending, pushing, walking for 12 hours straight. NO WAY could I do that at this point. I don't return to work till 10/14. Good luck to you and don't rush your recovery.

Hello everyone...sorry I couldn't post earlier but I have been feeling horrible! With every ice chip I ate, I puked along with blood since yesterday. I took the leak test about two hours ago, the contrast stood down so the nurse brought me some Jello. So far it's staying down. I'm feeling a little better than earlier. I have so much gas trapped behind my rib cage, I was having a hard time breathing and had to be put on oxygen several times. All I keep telling myself is the pain will go away.

Note to IMLooznit - I am sure you have good intentions, but in my opinion, it doesn't help to get your messages full of "screaming" caps, admonishments, and shouted directions, all supposing "bad" behavior from people that you don't know. I am glad you were successful in your weight loss journey. Please leave others to find their own paths unless they specifically ask for help. I believe most members of this site understand the behavior changes that are needed. Sometimes (and hopefully most times) good decisions are made, but everyone is human. Success will look differently to many people as well. I believe this forum should be for useful information, moral support, friendship and perhaps gentle guidance and suggestions, not for shrieking mandates.

Amen!

Hello everyone...sorry I couldn't post earlier but I have been feeling horrible! With every ice chip I ate, I puked along with blood since yesterday. I took the leak test about two hours ago, the contrast stood down so the nurse brought me some Jello. So far it's staying down. I'm feeling a little better than earlier. I have so much gas trapped behind my rib cage, I was having a hard time breathing and had to be put on oxygen several times. All I keep telling myself is the pain will go away.

I just said a prayer for you!

My Dr prescribed Prilosec to start first day home and take for 6 months every day. 2nd day home I was having a lot of acid reflux so I chewed a rolaids anit-gas/antacid. Did wonders, Dr said it was ok too. Good luck.

i heard GasX strips are good too.

I am feeling pretty good. Down 36 lbs. It's been a great start and I couldn't be happier. How are you doing?
Down 36 pounds already! That's fantastic! Congratulations. How'd your surgery go?

Update: nausea is gone! Not long after I drank the contrast for the leak test. The contrast was the 1st thing that stayed down. After that I had icepops, Jello, tea and broth, it all stayed down. Thanks to those who prayed for me. I feel much much better. Dr came in a seen me. I told him im ready to go home. He agreed, I went to walgreens and picked up my prescriptions now I'm at home sitting up in bed. The gas pain are still bad, but they come and go....I'm walking around fine, I do have a drain in my belly that the dr will take out oct 10. My total weight loss pre op diet was 10lbs.