Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

I can’t believe what a gorgeous day it was here in Virginia today! We had all of the doors and windows open and its JANUARY! Unfortunately, the day was spent flogging my child so he’d get through yet another research paper for English class. Will he ever be out of school? Will I survive until then?

VABandster—What willpower to resist a burger and fries! I haven’t dared go into one of those fast-food places yet. I did order a pizza for my son last night, but I didn’t eat any of it!

Beversman—Great job on using your elliptical! You’re already into size 18s?? Cool!!!

Dawnae—I’m a short one, too! I’m only 5’4”. My doctor did not give me a goal weight yet either. I just wrote 120 on my ticker because it’s on the weight charts as the weight to be for my height. I don’t really think I’ll ever see THAT number again though! I’ve got a couple of size 8 suits up to a couple 24s in my closet! Loved the “tastes like flavored sheet rock” comment (about the Protein drinks). Too funny!

Bandiva—You went down TWO uniform sizes! Fantastic! That ground chicken taco concoction sounds really good!!! Great job exercising, too! You are on a roll!

ok everyone, I feel so bad! I just went to check in on the December bandsters thread, and they are a little sour about this thread. I think some feelings got hurt here. I know that was not the intention at all! Should we do something about this? I hate hurting others feelings.

I saw that too. *shrug* We never intended to hurt feelings, and we didn't leave the December Bandsters group. Had they read these posts instead of making assumption, they'd see that. Most of us still post over there, so I don't see what the big deal is. Some people just like to argue, I guess.

Of course I'm the "bitch" of the group, so you may want to get someone else's opinion. ;) :love:

I'm one that isn't an original to your group. I jumped to a negative conclusion when I heard about this thread, but as I read it I realized the reasons for it.

I'm not going to "infiltrate" this thread, but I would like to read it because some of you I have enjoyed reading ever since I found this forum. I learn a lot from your experiences. I may not say it to you all because I like to read more than respond, but I really do enjoy reading what many of you go through each day.

I rarely post anyway, so I hope I'm not one that's going to make you hide yourselves or go elsewhere. You all truly have a lot to share with us newer people and I really appreciated it. I haven't seen many of you post in the December thread so I'd like to continue reading this one so that I know how others are doing and can compare it to how I'm doing.

So, I replied just to get notification of new posts. Otherwise, I probably would have kept my mouth shut. ;)

NG YOU ARE TOTALLY NOT THE BITCH OF THE GROUP! Where did that come into play anyway. I was really confused about that. guess i missed something. I don't think we have any bitches here. I still can't believe how wonderful and supportive everyone is here. Each and everyone of you are so wonderful! seriously. everyone is so positive, lifts one another up when we are down. I don't think we could have found a better group of ladies for support through this.

At one point we should have a reunion type thing. like in 18 months or something. meet somewhere or take a cruise.

sweetsie - I totally say that tongue in cheek. I felt bitchy the day b'man had to explain me on DB. ;) I love the idea of a meet up. I vote Germany! I'm so jealous of you weekending in Amsterdam and taking other day trips around the continent. I work for a company based in the UK and get there about 4x per year, but it ain't the same. I'd totally move if I was offered a position.

Maurdan - like I said, welcome. Enjoy! :)

Nathalie

P.S. Can I change my username without creating a new account? I'd love to be Nathalie instead of NGAdams.

TRANSFORMER...Where in VA are you?? I live in VA too!! Right near Dulles Airport!

Maurdan - I don't think it matters when you joined the group. This list wasn't meant to be 'exclusive'....just smaller so that we could all keep up b/c as you've seen on the Dec. bandsters list it can get VERY Busy! Anyways, welcome, and please do speak up!!

Ok guys...have a question....BURPING.....if we burp after a meal, does that mean we ate too fast or something? I'm just trying to figure out if its a good thing or bad thing!

Nat...yes, you can change your screen name w/out changing your account, just go to your account and you can edit it.

Hi everybody...hope y'all are having a great weekend...

As for me...I am one sick, sick, sick, did I say sick puppy. When I tell y'all what I did, you'll all agree. Well, I haven't been on here since Thursday night and if anybody remembers...I said...I was craving meat so bad I could eat a cow...lol

Well, me and my saddle pals down here have a favorite snack that we carry in our saddle bags on trail rides. It's Vienna sausage and saltine crackers. Well, Me..(sick me) decided hum, Vienna's are meat...well sorta? I'll just get me my Thunder Stick (that's a kitchen device :biggrin1: ) and I'll just PUREE (sp) me some Vienna's! Well, I think that was probably the most disgusting thing I have ever seen or put in my mouth (well almost) ...but...a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do...right? A little bit of that concoction spread on 2 crackers, mushed and chewed in my (sick) mouth and washed down with lots of Water between each bite, well, let's just say this, I'm really not craving meat any more. HOpe y'all get a kick out of this.

It's so good to read about everybody's progress. I'm SO proud to be a part of your group, and a December Bandster....

Wow-- You all are doing great!@!! Your tickers are getting me major depressed! I havent lost anything since about 10 days post op! I am counting my calories some. I am at about 1000 a day. I am getting really nervous about this band! I have never been able to lose weight. I have never lost more than 10-15 lbs EVER! In spite of once being on an 800 cal a day diet for 3 months straight no cheating! and working out alot! THat diet I lost 12 lbs the first 2 weeks and nothing the rest of the time! I finally gave up after 3 months! I am starting to regret the fact I didnt do RNY. I have major insulin resistance problems and I think I may have needed that malabsorption factor! I am so depressed today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOVE scale MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smithkr1 I hope you are ready to come wash my cloths cause I peed my pants reading your post. I live in west TN and some day we got to get together. I laughed till I cried cause that sounds just like something I would try. I just thought throw in a little sweet pickle and you have a great sandwhich spread. LOL Please keep posting I have not laughed so hard in a long time. Love ya girl

Kirsten- about your burping- I think its normal. I have this weird thing where I cant really burp then I feel overfull then I will BELLLLLLLLCCCCHHHHH like this big gross guy burp. My kids thinks its funny and my hubby just looks at me like he cant believe it came out of me. Not looking forward to that happening in public!

Kathy- LOL at least your cured your craving! Jill

Jillrn....LOL.....I know that feeling!! Although sometimes I'm burping at odd times, like not even after I've eaten! Sometimes its in between meals when I'm walking or if I'm drinking my water...but I have also had that same experience of feeling really full and then burping and feeling so much better!

As for the scale not moving....i'm with ya there too!! Mine has been REAALLY Slow given how many (or little) calories I"m taking in! Couple of thoughts: 1) Have you had your thyroid checked? 2) Are you drinking Water? and 3) Are you pooping at all?? These can all be possibilities as to why the scale isn't moving...otherwise, you just gotta hang tight and know that one day you're gonna wake up and see the scale start dropping something fierce!!

You can always call your Dr. too and discuss it w/him/her and see what they say about it.

Wow, i was gone for a day... saw all the posts in question.

I love how I am being referred to as mean. that really made me feel great.

What on earth are those people talking about? I specifically said I was still posting on their thread.

Name calling is just great. :cry

(((B-man))) I know how you feel, I feel the same. I have never been a "mean girl" not in high school or now, and that was never the intention. Anyone can come here and be involved in this thread..we don't own it. I just thought it was a chance to get more in depth and build on our already bonded relationships. I still go to the December thread first and read & post. What can we do? There will always be people who misinterpret, and I am comfortable that my intentions were not malicious nor were anyone else's.

SmithK-I am so curious about Vienna Sausages. I have seen them in the supermarket and to be honest, was always a bit freaked about sausage type mean in a little can. I know it is just a matter of what we ate growing up...That is a good story about your concotion though. I hope you got over your craving.

((jillrn))) Hang in there. We are all going to lose at different rates. I don't balme you for the feelings you are having, but it is too soon for regrets. What are you eating in those 1000 calories? I only ask because I too have thought about insulin resistance and I find when I cut out sugar, white flours etc, the weight starts to come off. I would also recommend getting a thorough blood workup and thyroid checked. Hang in there!!!!!

Nat-you are such a bitch :girl_hug: just teasing. How goes the good fight? Are you on your elliptical while reading posts? I can't wait until you start sleeping while you pedal on your elliptical. Maybe you can put some wheels on it and drive to work that way. I swear you have grown extremely attached to that beast! haha. Good for you.

As far as the gym, there are no classes at the gym I go to now. I would love some yoga and I always liked kickboxing but my last gym that offered those classes cost me 50 bucks a month, and this gym, with better cardio equipment is only $20. I can live without the classes. For weights I have my own schedule of machines alternating upper and lower body workouts. As I get a little more into my recovery I will sign up with a trainer to set up a more concrete workout. As of right now, I feel like what I am doing is working.

Sweethot-I am so glad to hear you are feeling better!!! We don't want any complications. Especially while you are attending the Medieval Torture hospital. Learn some German, would ya! To be truthful, I would be afraid to understand what those nurses were saying to you!!! ;)

I think a reunion some day would be great. Nat seems to think you are hosting??? Count me in! :)

VaBandster-yay for not eating the fries and burger! I know it is hard, but totally worth it. Way to go!!! Even if we can eat it physically, that food is nothing but crap anyway. I for one am craving a buffalo chicken whip made by Nat!!!

Transformer-can you get over this weather? New England was 70 degrees today. Freaking nuts! By next week it wil be 30 below and I will be freezing this booty off!

Alright girls-it is getting late and I am beat. Long day at my official last Christmas Party! Yup-had another day of torture while I sat and watched people eat the yummiest looking food...

BTW-I had my first food dream last night! Who started that-was it you Dawnae? Well last night I dreamt I was making eggs and turkey sausages (thanks to Nat) and I was getting upset with myself because I knew I wasn't supposed to eat them yet. I was relieved when I woke up. WACKO!

See you all tomorrow!

Ladies- don't worry about starting your own thread. I enjoy reading about your successes and learn from you since you are about two weeks ahead of me. I think no matter which thread we're on we can find the support we need. I hope to bond with some folks on the December one, too.

So best of luck and we'll see you all here and there on this great site.

Peace!

i personally feel very bad that you guys left - I understand the reason - but you are the "old timers" with all the good advice. all us newbies are the ones who dont know what to expect and look up to the guys with the experience! I think thats why people felt so bad you left the dember bandsters (the ones like me who were banded late in december) well anyway - i wish you guys good luck with losing. thanks for the good advice and support till now.