Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

BTW, B-man..thanks for talking the helm on this thread. I was so busy with school stuff last night and today.

THANKERS!

Hey everyone - great to have this separate thread, the other one had so many topics flying around, I couldn't keep track.

I am 1 month out of surgery and just started on some regular food. I had ground beef, little bit of cheese, okay alot of cheese and some salsa yesterday, no problems at all.

My first fill is 1/18, the video almost made me puke, really wish I didn't watch it, but I guess it is better to know what to expect. My doc told me it was no big deal, guess he never had anyone show a needle in his fat stomach looking for a port to put more Fluid in.

nat - You were not a bitch on the other page, not whining at all. You know we love you!

Hey Guys! Geesh, I leave for a few hours and have so much to catch up on!!

NAT...this is where you're supposed to come to bitch!! We're all going to be feeling in the dumps at one time or another...and we're just here to support one another or at least die trying! ;-)

KatDot....omg Girl....You So do NOT have "shelf butt"!! I'll have to somehow figure out how to twist myself around and take a pic of MY shelf butt to show you what a proper one looks like! :)

Chubby...I'm obsessed w/the scale too.....I know I shouldn't be....but I can't help it! I think I just need the encouragement that it gives that Yes, I AM doing the right thing, ya know?? Plus it also helps keep me on the "bandster diet" when at the moment I feel like I could eat a House!!! Tonight I had fish and greenbeans and a few bites of crab dip and my Dates ice cream sundae! I felt like such a COW!!! I can't wait to get my first fill next week!

I'm amazed that so many of you are already exercising!! I love the elliptical (am thinking about buying one, but most of them only carry weight up to 250...so I guess I have to wait til I'm down under that?), but I thought we were supposed to wait 6 weeks for exercise?? Maybe that's just the excuse I'm giving myself to procrastinate ;-)

Ok, I'm sure I missed other people and comments I wanted to make, but I gotta get to bed. Talk to you all tomorrow!! :)

Yeah the kids are in bed!!!! NSV.....I put on a pair of pajamas that I have not been able to wear in about 2 years!!!! That made me feel really good!!

Nathalie....potty training is quite the process....but basically the past two days we have been camping out in the play room, (mostly because I have wood floors in there!), and I strip her down from the waist. Her "special" potty is there...and her "special" treats in a bowl. I explained what we were going to do, that the daipers have gone bye bye, and we were not going to use them anymore. If she messed on the floor she cleaned it up, with a little help, and then I told her if you need to go pee or poo you must use your potty. It really only took a couple of accidents, and then she pretty much was using the potty! When they do go on the potty you praise like crazy! We do a potty dance then ceremoniously take the stuff in the bathroom, and she emptys it into the toilet and she flushes, and then we high five and she gets her treat! Tomorrow we go to get pretty princess panties, because she went poo today in her potty! It takes about six weeks for them not to have accidents....so you get those thick underwear that absorbs really well. The most crucial thing is to not go back to daipers because then they know if they keep messing in their pants that they will get their daipers back. My Belle cried twice that she wanted her daipers, and that she could not do the potty, it wasn't fun! I just told her I knew that she could do it, and I was there to help her...rah rah rah....and it is hard for them but they can do it....that is the most important thing to remember.....anyway.....I didn't think this would be so long....I would have emailed you privately....but I don't think I am going to rewrite this!!! I wonder how many calories you burn by typing really fast!!!!! lol

Okay Kay......Your butt looks GREAT!!!!!! My butt looks like I have two large spiral hams sitting on my hips!!!!! Not a pretty site at all!!!!

Okay the scale thinge..... I really had to give up the scale.....I was weighing like two or three times a day, and then depending on what the scale says ....good or bad.....well, good mood or bad depressed mood if you get my drift. Having my husband hide the scale is the only way I don't go all crazy on the scale thing.

Nathalie...I had no idea you were so controversial!!!! What a little rebel you are! lol....I stopped reading the other thread about a week ago....just could not keep up.

I have a great mushie recipe....I microwave refried Beans...fat free, then melt some cheese on top and then put fat free sour cream and salsa.....mmmmmm tastes like a burrito.... really yummy and easy. Okay I am going to bed now too....have a great day tomorrow.....

Bk just read about your port pain....I have port pain....and I notice it is worse when I am tired and when I have been picking up my girls a lot....have you been really active or anything???? One time I got a totally searing pain that woke me up in the night....not fun....don't know what that was about.....but hasn't happened again.....by the way talking about night......are any of you guys having food dreams????? I have dreamt twice that it was Thanksgiving dinner, and no one would give me any food....and then last night I had a Homer Simpson donut dream, and woke up so sad that I will never eat another jelly donut.....well I guess my health is more important...but damn I wanted that jelly donut!

Hi Everyone...Yeah! A new home. By the way Nat, you are hilarious!

I haven't started exercising yet, which I feel guilty about. My doc says no exercise for 3 weeks. He is probably using reverse phsycology but it is not working! lol. I will start on Sunday or Monday.

I had some soft food today and it seemed to go OK. Not feeling much restriction anymore, I think I will go back to TJ for a fill in the end of Jan. Thank God for VISA.

I am happy we all have our happy little home. Thanks for inviting me.

Hope you are all doing great. I read through our december thread everyday just to make sure I am somewhat normal and to see how everyone is doing. Sometimes I just 'lurk' but I appreciate being able to learn and to laugh at all the crazyness!

Take care all xox

Victoria.

firstly....thank you for the invite:kiss

well what can i say you are all putting me to shame with all your excercising ..:faint: im really tired all the time ,then again im a lazy cow

mooooooooo!!!

beversman im not losing either ???? im frustrated too as i have been really good girl past few days ,i want to be rewarded with scales getting lower,im a slave to my scales ,they affect my mood and dissapoint me and do you know whats worse ,when people ask "how much you lost now? :) & its the same as last week :cry grrrrrrrr,ok i start excercising and measure my bits..lol

dawnae ..im going to get hubby to put scales in boot of car and bring them in on saturday( weigh day) i shpuld have done that years ago ,oh and well done on pjs fitting i put pair on and was delighted but when i sat down i couldnt breathe...lol NOT THERE YET !!!!!!good luck with potty training i have four sons youngest was 3 in september and wasnt trained til october,he wasnt ready til then but boys are usually alot slower than girls so i wasnt worried !!

talking about bits kay your ass dont look big :) and it still round ..lol

mine should have warning WIDE LOAD and it flattened from me bloody

sitting on it :)

SWEETHOT...i hope you feeling better honey ,i had crappy day a couple of days ago and was feeling tight it wasnt even bad food just too much and i wasnt hungry and i felt terrible but im back on track and feel fine ,:) .

post-207678-13813134777176_thumb.jpg ok can someone tell me how to attach ticker im a computer novice :faint:

post-212193-13813134486588_thumb.png

thanks so much for the suggestions everyone!

Kay-wow, nice butt! You don't even look chubby in that pic. lol. glad to hear your midterm went well. When i live in R.I. i went to a Bruins game once, it was so much fun.

I am going to the grocery store today and get foods that I can eat. I am going to cook up some squash, i love squash and mash it up put it in a container, some tuna the same way, salmon if i can find it, i have cottage cheese and ricotta cheese, so maybe between all that i'll have enough meals to keep me out of bad stuff. If i have everything premade maybe i'll eat it.

The tuna whips sound so good, i gotta try that.

I have a slight problem. Today i woke up with a terrible terrible chest pain. Not a pain like golf balls or heartburn, but in my breast bone, right between my boobs. it's so painful, i can't bend down or anything, and it also hurts up to my right shoulder. I've been trying all morning to find stuff online and on this forum about it but can't find anything. hope somethign isn't wrong with my band. Maybe its from sleep on my side? Like when you sleep on your neck wrong? I drank hot tea this morning, thinking last nights dinner was stuck, and i have had Water, i feel the hot tea move all the way into the lower stomach, so maybe nothing is stuck? hmm. I am just praying that this has nothing to do with the band.

I called the dr. but he's on Holiday till Monday and ofcourse noone speaks English. I really need to start learning German. It's not fair of me to get annoyed with them, I'm in their country!! total ignorance on my part.

This thread is also moving so fast.

Beversman- you are so funny, love it.

Bandiva-I ahven't started yet either, but i'm plan to on tuesday, and from then on.

dawnae- I am with you on the scale, when it was moving down, i was on it all day! i saw it creep back up, so it's out the window for it now. I hate it now.

First of all, let me say I LOVE YOU GUYS! I'm so glad to have you. I was totally bumming last night. I didn't get on my elliptical. It's amazing what a good night's sleep will do for a girl.

It's before work and I just got dressed. I was swimming in my dress pants, and today is Friday, so I can dress down a little bit. So I dug through my closet and pulled out some khakis. Size 22. WOOO WOOOOOOOOOO! They slid over my thighs, up over my hips and fastened with no problem. I turned around and my booty looks decent! ((KayDoll... hubba hubba! Nice butt, girl!)) I am excited as all heck. I'm wearing a jacket that has been too small in the arms, too.

I took measurements last night - I've lost 3" from my hips and 2" from each thigh.

I'll finish when I get to work.

Thanks for all your support guys. I can't thank you enough for being here. You guys are AWESOME!

Heading out.

Nat

NAT....Way to go on the losing inches!!! I should measure...it would be much more satisfiying I know than stepping on the metal devil! (the scale) :)

Dawn.....I haven't had food dreams (Yet)....but I've been trying NOT to think about foods that I'll Never have again! I am telling myself I can have a little of everything 'someday'.....which may or may not be true...but it helps me not feel like I'm going to be Depraived of anything b/c that has always led me to overeating in the past. Maybe you could put a little jelly in your mouth and pretend its a jelly donut? ;-)

Hope you all have a good day!!