Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

i personally feel very bad that you guys left - I understand the reason - but you are the "old timers" with all the good advice. all us newbies are the ones who dont know what to expect and look up to the guys with the experience! I think thats why people felt so bad you left the dember bandsters (the ones like me who were banded late in december) well anyway - i wish you guys good luck with losing. thanks for the good advice and support till now.

NO ONE LEFT! I don't know what you are talking about.

Old Timers? nope. Ive been banded 3 weeks. Check out other threads; some of them have been here for years. We are a group of people that wanted to discuss certain things.

That is what a Thread is.

Read the posts. They clearly said we were still posting in BOTH locations. So, what is the problem?

The point is... this is a support BOARD. No one was being left out. You can post anywhere you choose to post. There are multiple threads in multiple areas that we all post on.

I found out about all the name calling because I went to the December thread to POST comments, and when I got there and started reading, I saw all of the negativity taking place (directed here). At the people who started the thread in the first place.

Honestly, that is not the way to get people to continue posting on ANY thread.

I am a very nice ecouraging person. Look at my posts. You wont see me being negative anywhere. I don't appreciate anyone implying that I or anyone else has done anything wrong.

Now can we please continue discussing our positive successes instead of having to respond to irrational negativity?

Please. Enough is enough. We came here to help each other. I personally am frustrated by what has happened. We are all adults here, and this whole discussion needs to end now.

There is no more reason to draw anything out. This is all the explanation that anyone should need.

I thank you in advance for being postive and respectful in the future.

Okay yall I have to tell you about my experience yesterday. My friend and I set off to Murfreesboro to shop this is the town I had my surgery in. I live about 30 miles from there. Well we went to eat at Logans and I ate Soup Like always and had before I ate had experienced pain beside my port as I described to you guys the other day. I took a gas x and dismissed the pain because I was wanting a day out with my best friend.:girl_hug:

we went to some more stores and my pain became where I could not stand it. So my friend drove me to Mtmc where I had my surgery and my wait began...

first they had me sign in and realized I had just had surgery on the 18th there.

then they took my blood pressure which was high due to my stress and pain

ps. I never have high blood pressure

so the doc saw me they did not call in the doc that done my surgery which I wanted them to do but anyways decided to do a catscan and make me drink a god awful banana shake...:)

well 5 hrs later I did the cat scan and the result where normal but I had good news the pain I was feeling wasn't even coming from my port because it was far away from it

It was actually scar tissue forming :phanvan

I was happy to hear my band is in place and so is my port

but they did realize that my catherter mispelled I am sure

caused me to get a urinary tract infection ;)

so ladies my 5 hour wait was not in vein I wake up this morning knowing everything is where it should be :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

OH and by the way the dec bandster crew should not be mad I have posted there since we started this thread bye 4 now but not forever

bkwalling - im so glad you are ok. that must have been scary having to sit and wait all that time. At least they were able to confirm everything is where it should be. I get those same nagging fears myself. I hope the pain goes away for you soon.

I'm baaaaaaack! Wow you girls can talk! I had about 6 pages to read!

Bk - tell me your story, I read everyones posts about adoption and went back to read your story and couldn't find it - pm it to me - please.

I burp. Not alot but every now and then this LOUD burrrrrrrrrrrp comes out of the pit of my stomach on up through my band over the esphogus and out of my mouth telling the world it is free!

Kids have been here all weekend - I guess to some you youngster they would be your peers. So I'm mom - made lasagna, cake, banana bread - all that shtuff. I had my first at 22 and now he's 22 and married and kids in college , kids in high school - its great not to have to worry about potty training. Now its just about weddings, and education, boyfriends and sex. Lets not go there.

I haven't had time to check out the Dec. bandsters - but I'll go over and post. I hate to hurt feelings - (like I did with KarenAR) - but it was getting so confusing. And I kinda felt like we were going over the same stuff again and again, although if I were one of the later banded ones I would want to be where I could learn too. Just wondering why they didn't join in at the beginning tho.

I've been doing my 10 minutes on the treadmill. I ate a very small amount of the lasagna - couldn't have salad - but I did eat a few olives and feta, onion with a little dressing. I miss salad. I go tues so maybe dr.dreamy will let me eat salad. I go on regular food then. I've been trying to eat 1/2 cup amounts but seems like I'm hungry all the time that way. When I was eating a cup it was sticking with me 3-4 hours. I'll be sooooo glad to get my fill!

I gotta get a shower - get ready for church. My daughter and friend are doing service today. They are going on a missions trip to new orleans in March so trying to raise money. Its sad how we forget so soon. You know they still don't have Water and still rebuilding - still need to be remembered.

I love the reunion thing - money is usually an issue and doubt hubby will ever let me go to europe without him! But NYC is cool. Guess we have a while to think on that one!

I'm a size 16 - almost a 14. I'm 5'3" and my first goal is 150 - been a long time since I saw that one and my ultimate goal is 130 - haven't seen that in 20 years! I wasn't fat until after I had #3 - she broke me. We were just talking about what we gained when we got pregnet and I gained 50 lbs with #1 and still only weighed 162 when I delivered - 143 when I went home! OMGoodness! To be there again! The last time I felt attractive, or comfortable at my weight was around 165 - so big change in the head!

Rambling - shower - later!

((beversman)) I just love you sister friend! You and I think so much alike - and it makes me laugh out loud. I just posted on DB and as I re-read my post, I had to delete the words "Cut the bullshit." HAHAH I think everything is put to rest now. At least I *HOPE* it is. I don't understand how people just jump to conclusions about things on a MESSAGE BOARD. Take time to read, understand and form an opinion. There is no excuse for falling into HE SAID SHE SAID (except for pure laziness - i.e., being too lazy to read previous posts).

Kirsten: Belching. I would KILL to belch as freely as I used to. I have no idea why I can't belch like I used to, but man I really miss it. After my Sweet Potato Faux Pas the other night, I was getting my boy ready for bed and a HYOOOOOOOOOGE one came from the pit of my stomach. It felt so good, and was the first time I'd belched in over a week. I'll check into changing my nickname. I looked before but didn't see it. Thanks!

Kathy in Chattaboogie - I don't know what a Vienna Sausage is (are they like the turkey meat sticks they make for a baby?), but your tale of woe made me giggle. Poor thing! At least you killed that craving. Does this mean you've got some kind of restriction?

jillrn - maybe can you go and see the nutritionist? Do you write down everything that you are eating? If your scale isn't moving and you're truly being faithful to your eating, then I'd seek help. YOU CAN BE SUCCESSFUL! You can do it! I know for me, I'm not drinking enough Water so I've stalled out. But each day you can look at what has given you success in the past and change what's not working for you.

And everybody - don't forget to measure! Even if the scale goes up, your measurements will tell the true story!

KayDot - Girlfriend, getting back on that elliptical yesterday was harder than I expected. For realz. I'm putting my fatness back up on it today before we go to my Dad's to watch football. My goal is to ride it 1 hour in the morning and another 30 - 60 minutes in the evening. A $20 gym membership is what I need! I need to find something that has a kid coral where I can drop my boy while I work my jelly. (HA!) Okay HOW many days before you graduate to mushies? You are kicking azz on liquids though, girlfriend. Complete azz! I'm going to order the sample packs from BE.com today. I'm more interested in the nectar packs than anything else. I'm getting sick of the milky creamy drinks.

bkwalling - I am so glad to know what that pain is. I thought it was scar tissue. My surgeon said he placed my port about 2" above my navel. Sorry you had to sit there for so long, but I am so glad that you put your mind at rest. I wonder if it is aggravated by too much activity? Mine hasn't hurt in a while, but when it was aching, it was horrendous!

StephC! Welcome back, mama! I'm glad you have had a house full of activity. You are a TEENY lil thing aren't you? 5'3" You are a lil spitfire. heehhe How cool that you've raised giving children. And great job on the eating! You go girl!

Oh, just BTW, the Stallone Protein puddings are gross. It had a Gelatin film on top of it and an aftertaste. UGH. I have 1 more to eat. Maybe different flavors taste different, but the vanilla cream was nassy. (Yes, nassy.)

Busting a move, but I'll check in later today. I hope all of the drama is over.

Laterz!

Nat

Anybody have exciting plans for today?

((beversman)) For realz. I'm putting my fatness back up on it today before we go to my Dad's to watch football. My goal is to ride it 1 hour in the morning and another 30 - 60 minutes in the evening.

"Putting ur fatness back up on it..." hehe! You RIDE it girl!

Love ya too. Yeah I think we both have a bit of the same kind of stuffins.

jillrn - dont give up!! mine didnt move for two weeks... and now she is starting to move down... slowly but surly again. Just remeber it has only been a month since most of us started our pre ops... and only weeks since we had surgery. It is easy to forget how short of a time it has been. You are perfectly normal and doing fine baby girl!!

Carol -- HA! ;) I hope you got clean pants now!

Kaydot -- I want a Christmas Party Grand Total! you must be one popular chica my friend. You went to about 4,592 Christmas Parties. hehe

Steph - -Size 16!?! awesome! (With all the family around I see how you disappeared awhile.) You're right though. We talk alot. ha. that why you love us!

beversman - dont know why you got so mad at me - i wasnt being mean or negative and NEVER called you guys names. I was just sayng that i felt very welcomed into DB by MANY of you and you gave me great advice when I needed it most!!!! I certainly didnt mean to be negative - I thought I was being just the pposite. And by ld timers I meant that you guys were ahead of me so I could get support from you like I had in the first crucial week. Didnt mean to offend - thats for sure!

Thanks guys I am feeling much better today

steph- I envy you I want to be a size 16 so bad congrats

yeah nat u were right scar tissue and I do think working out this wk at the gym made it worse I need to take it easy

b- man I loved your post on dec bandsters I posted my own to clear the air but you and nat said it best...

I do not understand why they were all so mad to began with but oh well hope this doesn't get as blown out of hand as the donald rosie fight ha ha that was so funny

My scale is stuck too. I am eating about 100 cal a day. I am going to start journaling what I am eating this week. I am also going to add exercise and look into a fill.

Glad you are all doing well. I am not really getting the burping thing, but I am getting random hiccups. I think that may mean I am still eating too fast but I am not sure.

Take Care everyone.

Kirsten and Kay , Nat and B-man-- I am doing the low carb thing, I get less than 25 gm of carbs a day. Give or take some. I have had my thyroid check and have had problems with it in the past post partum. It is resolved now I had it rechecked prior to surg and it was still fine. I am doing really well with Water drinking too, ( I sip during meals a little, so I am trading staying full longer for my sips, but I am not letting it make me eat more I will stay with the 1000 calories. I do struggle with the pooping issue a bit, but its getting better. I seem to flucuate between 13-15 lbs down. I have been staying more at the 13 the last week but today I was down about a pound.

The other thing is I dont ever sweat! Gross I know but no matter how hard I work out I dont sweat! I also retain a lot of water, I have a water pill I can take but I have been avoiding it b/c I was worried about dehydration b/c of the band. Thanks for your encouragement! I needed it!

I am so glad for all of you working out! That is really great we are going to feel so good by 2008! YEAH!!!! I cant do an ellipical machine though- makes me so dizzy-- THen I will fall off and give everyone in the gym an even bigger laugh at me! =) I wish I could cuz I know it gives a better work out then the bike I use!

Just a quick hello before I get ready for another food party---football party at my sister's house. I am right now drinking a latte shake sample. I forget who makes it but it is nasty! I am drinking though because I will be danmend if I waste it. This is where it works to buy samples, sure am glad that I did not invest any real money in a bucket of this toxic crapola!

Steph-I cannot believe you have a 22 year old. Although, my Mom and Dad are 19 years older than I am so I know what that is like. IT is cool having young parents though since we are so close. My mom is like a friend to me (now-not when I was younger!). I had my first at 24 and felt so young, I don't know how my parents did it. And I turned out pretty well (except for the fat thing-haha). Feta cheese is one of my favorite foods and I was drooling over your feta and olives. I am craving a spinach bake with low fat feta and low fat cream cheese. Like a creamed spinach. I cannot wait to have a little of that. Is that considered a mushy??? Can anything be a mushy if you just mash the heck out of it? What a good daughter you have going to do missions. That is great. It is amazing how quickly we all forget and I thank you for the reminder.

BKwalling-glad you found out what that pain was. I am sorry you had to go to the ER. I am telling you though, every little pain I get freaks me out like I think something is wrong. I am sure it is mostly healing pain but it really does give me the creeps when I get weird sensations. I have turned into a hypochondriac!

Beversman-I am trying to think how many parties I have been too. I think it is 7 and all since surgery. Ugh-but it is not popularity but having big families with divorced parents. I don't have time for friend parties and had to decline the offers to go to family parties. haha. But I should be done until Easter! Thankfully.

Okay-lots of talk about burping. I amnot burping at all. Not since the fist post op days when I was really gassy. But I do have more gas from the other, less pleasant end. Just loud but not particularly offensive (at least not to me-hehe). I sound like a trumpet. hahahahahaha sorry, TMI.

I need to get my house picked up and my kids are driving me batty today so I will talk to you all later.

OMG jillrn! HA! I fell off the treadmill once at the gym! I dropped my walkman, and DUH stopped to pick it up. I fell right off the back of the treadmill and hit the floor hard. The batteries and tape flew out of the Walkman. I looked up and a bunch of people were cracking up at me! I wanted to run to Burger King for a double meat Whopper and a strawberry milkshake. To my credit I put the thing back together and hopped back on the treadmill. HA!

The WorldWide Pure Protein shakes (35g Protein, 160 cals) are gross. I got it from GNC. Shook it really well and it still had clumps in it. Me no likey. Fortunately I only bought 2 of them.

On a final note (and not to stir up trouble) I will also say that one person done gone and pissed me off. That lets me know it's time to turn off my laptop for a while. ;) When some stranger with a crucifixion complex who I will never meet has me talking out loud to my monitor and furrowing my brow, it's time to check back into RL for a while.

I'm heading to my Dad's house to watch football and enjoy a peaceful, non-drama-filled afternoon.

Love my steady girls - rock it today, ladies!

Nathalie

Nat - your posts always make me crack up! I also fell off the treadmill once at the gym, unfortuntely it was the gym at work, so the people I work with for 8 hours each day, saw me fall off the treadmill. Someone said something to me, I got distracted, fell to my knees, and slid off the end of the tread mill. Needless to say not my most graceful act, I thought my husband was going to die of embarrsment when he saw me fall. I did get back on but I was mortified and my knees were so sore, as was my ego.

For the record, I love this separate thread, it is much more positive, and honestly with the other thread I only read specific people's posts, it just got to be too much.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday and good luck at all of the football parties, stay strong!!

Nat, as always, you're cracking me up. Just know that we all luv ya so don't get sucked into drama - we luv ya just the way you are, even if others don't!

BK - I'm SO glad you're ok! What a scary time, I'm glad it wasn't too serious!

I love this thread, too, but will contribute and read the other, as there are a lot of new folks that are in the shoes we were in a few weeks ago, and they can certainly use our support! I'm also one that hopes the drama is over!

OH! And I finally got over my "plateau!" I'm SO relieved... literally! The past two days I feel like I've been peeing out my ears - for some reason my body was retaining gobs of Water and just let it all go - I'm down 4lbs in 2 days, which certainly helps with my mental state! Still gotta find my tape measure and do measurements, though, even if they're not from "day 1." You all are right - the scale is evil and measurements can help through the plateaus!

Happy Sunday to everyone!