Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

thanks all about the port pain comments

I am feeling alot better I think I overdone it at the gym and hurt that area

nat- I am going to try the ice never thought of that the heat helps but it makes me sweat

dawn- I hope I don't have food dreams I may sleep walk

nat- congrats on the nsv

kay - you look like u are on your way to skinny already skinny booty

do you know i cant stop thinking about goal weight my seems really high compared with all of yours ????

what height are you all ?.last time i was 168 pounds i was about 13 years old .....lol

Geeez, thanks for the butt comments. haha Happy New Rear and all that... I probably should have included a side shot so you can get the true "booty" dimension. It is definitely smaller than it was though. I just want the belly to go away, it would make the butt seem more acceptable.

Anyway-just got back from the gym. Feeling good even though I wasn't up for going today. For those of you that have not made the jump to exercising, I promise you if you commit to it for the next month, it becomes addictive. I remember the first day I drove to the gym in September, and I sat in the parking lot not wanting to go through the door. I actually called my sister from my cell phone and figured if she were home, I would visit her instead. Luckily she wasn't there and I got off my butt and walked in there. I have been a regular since. Take it slowly and work up to a regular schedule. I am there 5 to 6 days a week now and at least an hour a pop. I never thought I would be able to do that!

:)

I don't have time now to reply to everyone..but I will tonight when I am at school! Happy Friday.

Hey, thanks for the invitation but I'm a little confused. Is this for December bandsters? If so-what's gonna make it different from the regular December Bandster forum? Please "splain" it to me?!!!

Myrna

Hi Myrna - This is by no means to replace the other December Bandsters forum. We still go there and post. But there was a smaller group who bonded early on in December, and we thought it would be nice to have a place where we can keep in touch easier. The other forum moves so FAST now! Please join us if you'd like, and if not we'll catch ya in DB!

So my pants, ladies, are still about 5 pounds too tight. My friggin port incision is singing. I haven't even had all that much to drink/eat today either. I'll be retiring these pants as ***SOON*** as I walk in the door. Plus they keep riding up into floodwater pants. *HA!* By next week it'll be all good.

Does anyone drink Protein drinks? I went to GNC at lunch to buy some of those Stallone Protein puddings. I also bought some Muscle Milk and some Isopure zero carb Protein Drinks. The Isopure is 40g protein, 0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 sugars, 55mg Calcium, 80mg sodium and 45mg potassium. Oh, and only 160 calories for some of them. Others are 260. The only downside was the cost: $3.75. If I can find it cheaper, I will. It tasted good, and it wasn't even cold. PLUS it contributes toward my Fluid intake, doesn't it? http://www.a1nutritionproducts.com/buy/natures_best/zero_carb_isopure_drink?gclid=COjvgc6EyokCFSMkWAodkA7gfg

KayDoll - work it out, girlfriend! I feel too fat to join a gym. I want a real gym membership, not a Curves type place. But I don't want to be there with a bunch of hard bodies. Do you do any weight lifting at all? I used to do Body For Life; I still have my little weight lifting journal. Yup, I'm going back to it at about... 230. Far as I'm concerned, that's next month.

mystique - what is your goal weight? My surgeon set my goal weight at 170, but I'd love to hit 155. Now, that may be unrealistic at 38, but I don't know. My PCP told me I should be 140 (he's obviously smoking crack). I'm 5'8". Did you figure out how to add the ticker so that it automatically appears? Go here: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/get-ticker-your-t16218.html That's what taught me how to do it. I love the talk about your "bits." Very British (to my ear).

Kirsten - If you get some of those 20-22's from the chick in Colorado and find that you can't use 'em all *ahem* think of a sista, will you? As for the elliptical, if you spend enough, you can buy one with a higher weight limit. Remember you get what you pay for, so the lower end ones won't pedal (?) as smoothly as some of the others, or may not be as stable. Mine was totally an investment. I used my downpayment for a new car on it, thinking my old car ain't so bad, and my ass... *sigh* is much too big.

Has anyone considered shopping at Good Will or Salvation Army for clothes while we're transitioning? Because I can't afford to go out and buy new clothes every month. The clothes swap is a great idea, but if it doesn't pan out, I need a Plan B.

sweethot - how goes the eating today? Was it any easier for you trying to plan out meals? I try to make sure that everything I eat has some protein in it. That may or may not help you, but I feel like it helps me a great deal. I am taking my surgeon's advice to get 60 - 80g protein per day very seriously. Did that pain go away? Did it hurt more when you breathe deeply? Poor lamb. I hope you're better.

dawnae - you made me laugh a few times. I'm not doing it this time, but I have had food dreams before. More like chocolate fantasies and Twinkie day terrors. LOL @ the Homer Simpson dream. cracked me up. I was *not* laughing at the potty training parts though. I am totally stressed about getting this boy out of diapers. He eats like a grown man, shits like a grown man, and then lays up so I can change a diaper? Umph, that is just nasty. He just turned 18m, so I have a ways to go, but I'd like to start soon. I'm gonna have to pray on it. *laugh* Your burrito innards sounds delish.

thindy - That friggin fill made me sick, too. I saw him jab that needle in like a murderer in a scary movie, and cringed. I actually said "gotdamn!" I plan to lay still and listen to my iPod while he does it. I'm a total puss.

b'man - can I just say I love you? Your post was the first one I saw this morning and it made me teary. I was feeling mighty low last night. I didn't get on the elliptical, I ate more than I wanted... my spirit had been broken. (okay that "my spirit has been broken" is a bit from last year's American Idol - and it STILL makes me cackle!) Point being, thanks for the peptalk, girlfriend. It's hard sometimes isn't it? You look at everyone else and are genuinely happy for them, and then look at yourself and feel so defeated. Where's the logic? Tonight I am going to ride the elliptical while I watch my Queens of Comedy DVD. Between Sommore and MoNique, I will be laughing my ass off, and that can't hurt either.

Even if we don't talk in that Yahoo group, can we still post pictures there? I'd love to share my photos with you all and ask "can you see a difference" (especially when I can't) but I don't want them posted on the www.

My side is aching, I think because my pants are too tight. (My booty shakin from the left to the right) I'm ready to pick up my boy, go home and pump it out on the elliptical.

Hey - those of you who are doing cardio, what music gets you going? I need to put together a new exercise playlist and am looking for some suggestions.

Holla Back, Girls!

Nat

NG-the pain is still there, I stayed on liquids today, just incase something is wrong. I think i feel better though since earlier, i breathe fine and have no problems drinking anything, even a thick Protein shake, yuck.

is it normal to be able to really burp? I burp just like i used to. I thought we wouldn't be able to? maybe i'm going nuts.

NG I did take your advice about meal planning, today i went to the store and got enough meals for next week. Including tuna, salmon that is like tuna, tilapia, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes, acorn squash, eggs, cream of wheat, cottage cheese, and i also plan to boil some chicken breast and chop it really fine. so i'm going to write down a menu for each day and follow that. I am going out tomorrow night on a double date with another couple so I am going to eat before hand so i won't be hungry. we aren't going out to dinner so it should be fine.

is it ok for crackers on mushie stage i'm 3 weeks out? I like to put tuna on crackers or salmon with crackers. what do you guys think? better than a burrito!

I'm so proud of all the weight loss that is going on with you guys! Keep it up!

SWEETHOT- I had surgery the same day as u and I am on mushies my doc told me no on the crackers but I eat a few every once in a while

kay- U are right about the gym thing joined last may and am also a reg gym rat

mystique- my goal for myself is about 150 and I am 5'7 my docs goal is 140 he says because of my age and wanting to have children I should weigh that 4 a healthy bmi

nat- I love your posts you are so funny

sweethot _ i am with u on the planning on the meals it really helps me

a lot to know what I am eating that day

oh yeah we went to applebee's today and I ate about half a bowl of french onion Soup it had cheese in it which I tried to pick around but did end up eating a little cheese went down fine thank god

nat the ice has worked wonders thanks i am so sorry for yall that have port pain daily this about killed me

have a safe and good weekend check in later

NG-the pain is still there, I stayed on liquids today, just incase something is wrong. I think i feel better though since earlier, i breathe fine and have no problems drinking anything, even a thick Protein shake, yuck.

is it normal to be able to really burp? I burp just like i used to. I thought we wouldn't be able to? maybe i'm going nuts.

!

I burp more than I used to mainly when I drink to fast

sweethot - SO glad you're feeling better, girl! It's not fun when you're aching, paining or otherwise out of sorts. I'm also proud of you for planning your meals. It makes things SO much easier, doesn't it? I am not to the point where I write everything down ahead of time, but it's great to have healthy, protein-injected options, isn't it?

As for me, I have fallen down today. I made sweet potato pies on Tuesday night. Wednesday night. Whatever. I took one to work and gave it to one of the guys. The other I took today. Forgot to take it to the other building and ended up bringing it home again. So I ate 2 pieces. :) My belly is so packed. I wish I could get it out of me. I threw the rest of it away, but what's done is done. I'm going on liquids tomorrow and possibly Sunday. I'm also getting on the elliptical tonight for an hour (or longer) to try and work it off.

I'm not too beat up about it. I made the choice - the POOR choice - to be a little piggy. I can't surround myself with junk and expect to be strong willed enough NOT to eat it. This is why I'm fat.

I am hoping that this one day of a higher calorie diet will jumpstart my weight loss if I go on liquids for the next 2-3 days.

Going to put on my sneakers and get my potato pie packed pouch on the elliptical.

Later?

Nat

I had a ½ a can of BumbleBee salmon tonight with about a teaspoon of cocktail sauce and tartar sauce mixed in. Quite yummy! :lick

KayDotRn—I wish my butt looked like yours! :laugh Great job on getting to the gym. I agree with you that once you start exercising it’ll become a habit. That’s how I’m feeling about the new diet. I’m trying hard to stick to it like glue so it will become a habit!

Nathalie—happily, I have NO idea why people thought you were awful…I must have slipped into a coma and missed something! Well, the one good thing about eating sweet potato pie is all that beta-carotene! :doh:

Dawnae—I tried a similar recipe with the FF refried beans! It was pure heaven!

Mystique32—you’ll get exercising soon! One baby step at a time! :baby:

Sweethot143—It sounds like you’re on the right track with the shopping you’ve done! I bet our bodies are kind of shell-shocked after the weird diet we’ve been on, going through surgery, etc. I bet the weight loss will pick up again soon. Sometimes you have to “readjust” to the new weight before you go down again. Hang in there!

Remember that we ALL can choose to rationalize that cheesecake is a "mushy" food, but we must resist! Have a FANTASTIC weekend! :rolleyes:

I was at the gym today and as I was leaving I saw my neighbor. She told me she saw me the other day and was telling someone else how good I looked (that was nice) and then she asked was I doing anything else besides exercising and I told her just eating a lot less (no mention of surgery since I am keeping it to myself). I relayed this to my husband who said "you are going to have to start telling people soon"...WHY??? I know many do tell, but I just want to keep it to myself. For now at least..Of course if I ever do come out with it, everyone will think I am a big liar since I kept it in so long. It is my private medical history though, isn't it? How many of you are out with your surgery?

Nat-"potato pie packed pouch"--that is a way to look at it. :)

Get on the elliptical and learn the lesson, then move on. What the heck can you do? This is bound to happen as well all learn to overcome the eating issues that got us here in the first place. BTW, are you interested in some clothes? I have some cute Levi boot cut and a dark blue Target "Mossimo" pair of jeans that are 20 and black boot cut pants...nothing too fancy but within the next month they are heading out the door and I would be glad to send them off to you. As far as shoppin, I will porbably buy a pair of 18 jeans maybe at Old Navy or Target and a couple of shirts. I have some 18's and 16's in my closet and I will rotate the clothes around. I will NOT buy much until I am steady at a size for a while. I wish I could look into the future and know what that size will be.

I am also interested in sharing photos on that "groups" thread we started. I too do not want my shtuff posted on the WWW. I have myspace but it is private except to those that I know (anyone else have one or my the only 35 year old dork in here?)-I will share with you if you ask.

As far as Protein drinks. I had been using Designer whey that are not so tasty but tolerable. I went to bariatriceating.com and bought their sample set that came today. I have about 15 samples, tried the Elite Cafe Mocha (22gr Protein before adding milk) shake today and it is delicious! I am looking forward to buying some more after I try them out. It is a nice kit, and well put together for about 20 bucks. I recommend it.

BTW, giggling at your confusion in that "obese people unattractive" post. "Is English your 1st language?" I was thinking the same thing and then felt bad that she is dyslexic. Must be tough to find support in a typewritten forum.

Oh- and another thing-you are not too fat to join the gym. I started there at about 275. Yeah, I felt like a heffer but screw everyone else there. I am there for me. I even joined a gym that has guys there and people I have known my entire life. At times I feel akward but I am getting over it and looking better for it.

I do weights on the nautilus machines 3 days a week but currently I don't have the ok from the MD. Can't wait though. I miss it.

mystique-as far as weight, the thinnest I have been as an adult was 167 about 14 years ago (back when baggy clothes were in :::rolleyes:::). I thought I was pretty hot then. haha. I have it in my head that I want tobe 157-that will put me in a size 10 I think. Right now though I want to see 190 since that will bring me out of the "obese" category and plop me into the glorious "overwight" category. I too am 5'7" but I think it really depends on the person.

BKwalling-are you planning to have more babies? You have 2 boys, right? I only ask because you mentioned about getting down to 140. I think I am done in the baby department, though I joke that my luck will be that I get knocked up in my 40's. I had my first at 24 and second at 30 and now at 35 I don't think I haveit in me to start again..though there are times I would love to. My sister is in baby making mode and pregnant with her 3rd so I get a lot of my baby fix from her.

Sweethot-are you feeling better? hope so. Your food sounds yummy. Good for you for planning it out.

Okay, where are the butt shots? I want to see some booty on here. hahaha

Hugs ladies. Sorry for the super long post, but I had lots to say tonight.

(((BKwalling))) I love you even more! That is a wonderful story. I will say a prayer that you get to keep your babies and someday have babies in your belly. You have such an amazing motivation to get in shape. Wow. Thanks for trusting us enough to share that info. You are so young but obviously so mature and I am really happy for you. Give those little fellas a big squeeze from me.

NAT....thanks for the tips about an Elliptical...you're right, you do get what you pay for....I guess I just need to start shopping around! And I'd definitely be happy to send some of the Clothese from DrewsLou your way! She said she has 6 bags, so I'm sure I won't be wearing all those clothes!!

And don't worry about the slip up...it's gonna happen from time to time!! The thing to do is just not let it happen ALL The time like we used to, right??

Isopure...I bought a big huge tub of it from GNC...and used it during my liquid phase! It was expensive but definitely worth it, although I have to say after having it every day for 2 weeks, I'm a little sick of it, but I will probably go back to it b/c it is the only thing I've found that keeps me full from Breakfast to lunch lately!

MYSTIQUE - My goal is about the same as yours....170! I haven't seen that number since early college days...many years ago! Ideally I'd love to see 150s, but if I get to 170, I'll be doing a Happy Dance!

TRANSFORMER...I had a "cheesecake" moment today! I bought my kids McDs for dinner b/c I wasn't in the mood to cook and thought to myself "well, the french fries are mushy and I could definitely mush a cheeseburger in my mouth before swallowing"....but then I thought to myself 'should I really do that??" and said "no friggin way!" and passed! I came home and had a south beach meal instead! Woo hooo for me!! :rolleyes: I was so proud of myself for passing on something I normally would have stuffed myself with!

BK...you are an angel adopting kids!!! I adopted my step kids when they were 2 and 5 and have been the only Mom they've ever known. And despite my divorce from their dad, I still share custody of them 50/50 and get them every other week! Your boys will be the light of your life, I'm sure!! Please keep us posted on how everything goes.

Ok. I think I've caught up w/everyone....if I missed anyone, I appologize! :)