Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sarah what wonderful love to witness, what a blessing!

Coops, hope you are finding nice happy things in your new school year, how's life with the slow cooker Cathy?

I've upped my dose of venlafaxine, I think it is making me impulsive/spend money... I have shot myself with the MS drug since the 6th, 3x a week, no positive effects so far...

Sheryl, weird how? Sometimes weird is good!

Florinda, how long were you told it would take to feel a difference?

I have had a few episodes of behaving outside of my normal. I did something impulsive which was low risk. Last weekend I behaved in a situation totally out of character for me. I am still at 150 dose; supposed to move up to 300 but holding off for a bit...

There was really no timeline of feeling a difference, or whether I would frankly feel one at all. At first I had nausea, a little vertigo, excess energy, and injection site reaction. I continue to have excess energy but the nausea and vertigo are gone. The ISR depends on the injection site; the thigh bled and hurt the most, the gut the least.

Every time I step on the scale I just get angry and fed up and WISH so HARD that I was a worthwhile weight, a weight that would allow me to hold my head up high and participate in life without drawing judgement. v_v.

I'm headed to Italy at the end of the month and -once again- am fat enough that the seat will not be roomy :(

Just caught up... sending all of you my love ... as I said before we all seem to being going through tough times. Thankfully we have this place to come and share/chat/vent! x

@@globetrotter I KNOW this is easier said than done... but I vote you try the "fake it till you make it" strategy. Hold your head high, know that like all of us, there are things you want improve, but you are still worthy even if the scale says your weight isn't.

The trip your taking should be wonderful, and i recall you are going with close family, right? I would hate for one moment of joy of that event to be snatched away by the negative feelings about your weight. I know it always annoys you when I make suggestions like this, but I just really want the best for you and for you to find joy in the things in life that matter... and I think a special trip with special people is one of them!

I am a bit of a mess...haha

I am having home updating done. Today was demolition day, part one. Even though I have wanted this, been looking forward etc., omg it was really stressful. Strangers coming and going, dogs amped up, my house being torn apart. I think I realize I started on wellbutrin because deep inside I could feel myself heading for a big downturn and it is no wonder my emotional state is not as good as it could be. Now, I am only on half a dose, struggling with side effects and I forgive myself for getting WOUND UP by the noise, commotion and invasion of my space not to mention all the stress of spending money, having to make decisions on everything all by myself.

It helped that I talked to my ex... he knows me best and I feel like I can be so honest with him because he is a real friend. When I get wound up, my mind starts going to other problems and i told him that I am utterly discouraged with dating, I want a relationship and I have little hope of finding it. He said the nicest thing that he has maybe ever ever said to me "you sell yourself short, you are smart, incredibly beautiful and just a good hearted person - and if you just walk around believing that about yourself, you will find someone who deserves you." I am not sure that is true, but it was such a kind thing to say and made me feel better.

Ok...demolition day #2 begins shortly. I am feeling good, talking to friends etc helped.

I hardly ate yesterday and the scale showed a bounce up. Interesting isnt it.

Day 2 of demolition is complete. I was much calmer today, had a productive workday in between the minor mishaps (demolition guys are not the A Team - I was concerned the second time they managed to shock themselves..haha). I feel like I need to be here to monitor them when the boss isn't around.

I used to have a big house with big cathedral ceilings and huge windows and skylights so it has been weird to live in this darker, older style, rather cavelike dwelling. Well, it will still have short ceilings but it is already brighter with the light blocking useless wall removed - can't wait till all the recessed lights are installed - will be awesome!

I am already inspired to have a post remodel party to share my newly opened floor plan and (will be soon) well lit home

All sounding good Sheryl, you must post pre and post pictures when it is complete.

Florinda, I'm loving my new instant pot. It is a multi cooker and I tend to use it as a pressure cooker. My favourite recipe so far is one that comes out somewhere between a Soup and a stew. It involves chicken, veg (carrots, celery and onion), tinned tomatoes and spices and pearl barley. I have done the same combo with different spices and we love it. Favourite combo so far is paprika and 5 spice - very earthy. As there are only 2 of us at home I make a batch and freeze at least half of it for next time. Soups have also come out good too.

Getting used to new rota and how to fit exercise in as well as family commitments. I think it will be fine, not a great loss (2lb) but not going up. I love my job and my students but when we change the clocks next month it is going yo be hard to be out walking the dog in the cold and dark at 6.15 am before work!

Denise how is the back? When will you be released to start minimal exercise?

@@UK Cathy so glad you love the new job!

My weigh in day is Monday but I am holding steady at 163 this week, only 5# over goal. I am on a roll, even had a fast day without any "mood" issues. I am taking the fasting part easy though.

Have you heard of the 16/8 plan? It is where you only eat within an 8 hour window each day....like 9am to 5pm and fast outside of that. I am not sure that is a good idea for WLS patients....everyday. it is interesting that the evidence continues to support intermittent fasting.

Sheryl, please post pics of the before and after! I would have a hard time with remodeling, too. Very stressful. We have a bunch we really need to have done on our house. My husband isn't a handy man at all so it's stressful just having people here and getting estimates. Neither of us know anything about any of what they are saying. Oh well.

Florinda, did you get your thyroid tests back? Did the dr say if any of the weight issues are related to the MS?

I have good news to share about my dad. We met with the doctors and they all agree his cancer was caught very early and from what they can tell so far, it has not spread. The oncologist said his cancer is not presenting itself the same way that most pancreatic cancer does. He believes the best route for him is to have it removed. The surgeon will take out 1/2 of his pancreas along with his spleen.

The oncologist said he doesn't believe it's terminal and he doesn't think he'll need any chemo or radiation after the surgery. He will send everything that is removed to pathology and once we get that report we will know for sure if this is the case.

Really it's the best news we could have received so far.

The surgery is major and he'll be in the hospital for a week. He's having surgery on October 7th.

I'm happy about this news. I am also a little concerned that my dad will not get a second opinion. He liked what he heard and he just wants the cancer out.

From all of the research I have done, it leads me to believe that he should get a second opinion just to be safe. Also, I wish he would go to a hospital that was more known for dealing with pancreatic cancer. We have one just a couple miles from their house, and another in Chicago. But, again, he is refusing and I can't push it. It's up to him and all I can really do is make suggestions and then support him/them with whatever is decided.

So, some of the stress is relieved because we have some answers. Some of it is still there as we all deal with him having this surgery and then getting the pathology report back with the final results.

Sarah, great news about your dad! How old is he? As a daughter you wouldn't see it this way, but I kinda think that older people should spare themselves the stress of traveling alot etc even if they aren't at the most prestigious hospital.

Remodeling is very stressful..it's taken me a couple of years to dive in.....

Remodeling is stressful! I remodeled this house after I bought it and it was a nightmare for awhile.

Sheryl what happened to the guy you were dating who has the Harley? I thought you liked him, and did see possibilities with him. It's nice that you still have your ex to talk to and are still able to find comfort with him

Sara I am so excited to hear your news about your dad. I really hope he continues to get good news after the pathology report.

I got good news today too. My fusion is coming along nicely and I don't have to wear my back brace unless I leave the house. The best news is my liver doctor feels that my Hep C is not affecting me. He said my body has learned to live with it. The treatment for it is 90,000.00 and my ins would never pay for it because I don't fall under the guidelines for who gets treatment and who doesn't. But the main thing he told me is as long as I don't drink alcohol, not ever, I will die from something else, and not liver cancer.

Now I go to physical therapy and I can go back to the gym as long as I am careful . I guess the PT will tell me what exercises would not be good for my back. I can do cardio though, and go back to exercising my thighs, where I have gained most of my weight. I really want to be able to wear my clothes. 15 lbs makes a huge difference in my pants.

Floridna, I went to a talk on plant based diets and they talked about MS. They said diet makes a huge difference, but I am sure you have all the right books and are doing what is best for yourself.They talked a lot about eating tons of leafy greens. Please stop judging yourself because you have gained weight. You've had a lot of stress since you came back to the US and your MS is messing up your weight loss, not YOU!

Denise - that is such great news about your health! Yeah! I hope that makes you feel more optimistic as this whole back thing has been quite a bummer for like a year!

I have dated Tim a few times - last time was last weekend. We went target shooting and I did really well considering it was only my 3rd time ever even handling a gun. It was the first time I wasn't frightened/overwhelmed by the noise and experience. I even tried firing a rifle - way too heavy - didn't like it! We were at a quarry and were using cheap soda as targets. Depending on the bullet size, the popcans could explode quite spectatcularly! It is sort of funny, but I was visualizing those damn cheap sodas as some sort of enemy that made me fat. No wonder my aim was so good!

Anyway, Tim and i are not compatible. He is a nice guy but I am really not into the fake biker thing. Like, we couldn't even go out to dinner without all that damn leather, the tats... and then he started talking to me about getting tattoos and I am like... blech. Anyway, at this moment, dates are casual as I have to deal with health and home issues right now. I still want a relationship, but i won't find one right now.

After my epic remodel is done, I will be starting up the dancing again. I am unsure what i am doing about horses, waiting until my breast problem is fixed, waiting until I talk to ortho doc about my hip. If I need a hip replacement soon, I am holding off on getting a young horse to replace the beautiful but high maintenance Miss Mia that I just sold. I also want to get back into vigorous exercise. My daily walk I started about 2 months ago has helped tremendously, and I am losing weight, but I want to get back to working out so I get toned. I need boob fixed (swells everytime I do any kind of effort on upper body) and hip situation clarified (so I don't make it worse with lower body exercise).

I have to say, I am still on the half dose of wellbutrin, but I love certain aspects. I tackled a paperwork nightmare that has been looming over my head for months. I figured out a tough problem at work - involving numbers - that i haven't been able to do (nor anyone else I might add!). It is like my focus is better and my head is clearer. I am having the remodeling done, and I have this vision of how my house will be all put together again. It is hard to explain exactly, but it has gotten me back (at least a little tiny bit) to looking forward to things and of visualizing good things.

Wellbutrin is used to treat alot of things - cigarette addiction, adult ADD, etc. and it just seems to be helping me alot with concentration. I am holding off on going to full dose - with my docs approval - because i have had a few weird thoughts and done a few impulsive things. People can get manic, can get depressed, all those things while ramping up on wellbutrin (and alot of other mood drugs) and I am pretty sensitive to this stuff so I decided to pause and let myself get used to where i am at before considering doubling the dose. It also seems to remove the filter from your mouth - not such a great idea in all cases! So, if i say something mean, it might be attributable to getting used to this medication.

Sarah and Denise - great news from both of you.

Sarah your stress levels must have gone down a bit. The looming operation must be of concern of course but one day at a time.

Denise so glad the back is healing, you must be delighted to get back to exercise, don't over do it! One day at a time for you too.

Florinda, when do you start your trip?

Happy weekend everyone.