Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ah the drama continues. One horse has a puncture wound that requires a bunch of nursing... trying to prevent him from having to go to the horspital and have the wound cleaned surgically. I spent my friday night with my vet and his assistant... woo hoo... I know how to party!

Other horse lost a shoe so horse shoer coming out in the middle of all my party chaos... yikes!

I am excited about the peeps coming over soon though!

My party went great - what a fun, beautiful day. I used to love to host Christmas parties (indoors) and lawn parties in the summer but I stopped I guess after my sister died. It was so fun and reminded me of a part of life that I genuinely enjoy. I think i will do another event this summer!

Good for you Sheryl, sounds like a good move to make, getting back

to a positive old habit... hope the horsies are doing well....

Good for you Sheryl, sounds like you had a great time also the fact that you want yo repeat it is so positive.

Buster's puncture wound seems to be healing properly and he shouldn't need surgery - thank goodness! He is a "senior" horse who I love dearly but I wasn't relishing being put in the position of having to decide how much money and time to spend on surgery and rehab.... The nursing care I am doing right now is a PITA, but it is paying off. My goal is to avoid cellulitis which is a big freaking deal on a horses leg. Anyway, not totally out of the woods, but encouraging. Oddly, even though he has a big draining hole in his leg, I am supposed to keep riding him... so been doing that!

I found a few lost pounds due to wine and chips and stuff this weekend...sigh. That is okay, monday, back to Protein Drinks.< /p>

Actually, I feel like this is my modified 5:2 although it is a crime to call it that. I am doing Breakfast and lunch shakes and a protein/veggie dinner most days of the week. Then, I let myself "endulge" at events and parties and going out times... I can lose and maintain on that program because my body does respond well to the "variation" in calories/carbs. I find that not trying to stick to the 500 calorie thing helps me avoid the mood issues I was having with the more restrictive 5:2. trying to eat so low calorie/carb seems counterproductive to my good mental health!

Key is to keep this up!

Have we heard from Dee lately? I have gone completely blank on her user name otherwise I'd do one of those@ her BP names...

The last big party I hosted was a month after Linda died. Betty and I always did birthdays together and it was the last birthday party we did - back in 2007. Life is full of regrets, and one of them was not keeping somehow connected with Betty. By the time of her 50th, she was dying of brain cancer so no party there.

This year I joked with my family that this was my 50th plus 1 since I was not in a hosting state of mind for my 50th (don't worry, friends took me out for an evening so it was noticed by someone even if my entire family blew by it)

My friend Mary told me that I am such a good hostess... went around and talked to everyone, made sure everyone had someone to talk to (people didn't all know each other), made sure there were beverages and food flowing... all that kind of stuff. I enjoyed it alot and wasn't even aware I was being a good hostess... I was just in my element I think. :)

Good for you Sheryl, sounds like a good move to make, getting back

to a positive old habit... hope the horsies are doing well....

Oh, and my friends Tom and Beth asked me about Scott... he was on a chartered fishing trip on Sat so wasn't there. Not to mention I haven't seen him since his daughter arrived 2 weeks ago.

They were both "don't let this one get away" which i agree with... combined with "I effing hate being ignored." thing is i KNOW he wants to see me etc but I just really want more acknowledgement of my existance. He does kinda know he is in a little trouble though because when we talked yesterday his first comment was about how he will find time this week. What he doesn't know is how pissed off I am over it - it isn't the just not seeing each other, it is the general lack of contact. While I get it - daughter is absolutely #1 priority - it is complete BS he hasn't made time for us to go to lunch or something like that. It is that one track, OCD, single minded focus and I am afraid that over time it will be something I just cant live with.

Besides, I want a sex life and I don't have one with him. Damn.

Feed, that is an accurate assessment (of the Water v fat v muscle loss) I believe that my sensitivity to that phrasing is due to hearing my Mother use it when I was growing up and already on diets (yeah...) and it was ALWAYS used in a deprecatory manner, as in, you get no credit for that because it is just water weight and you still aren't good enough...... but anyway!!

I am SO jealous of you sleevers out there who lose 5 lbs in the first week of strict 5:2ing, regardless of which diet I do - up to and including my original post op period - I lose a pound every other day, no matter what the EFF I do. So it takes me 10 days minimum to lose those 5 lbs. Grr. It has taken me NINE days to lose 4.4 lbs! Feeling very cranky about my sluggish body -.-

Sheryl Happy Birthday, belated!

I'm glad you had a party and celebrated with all of your friends! I am amazed though, that you haven't texted something snotty to Scott. I am afraid I would have done so by now.

I'm very sluggish that way too. I can't lose because I can't stay away from junk food for enough days. I do well for a few days and lose a few, and soon some temptation is put before me and I have zero willpower.

I've been doing the 2 Protein Shakes and a low carb dinner forever, but then there is some social evenIt or I'm around a  friend who eats junk and I can't seem to just watch and not join in.

I may have to accept between 143-145 now that I've bought some clothes that aren't tight across my stomach. As long as I don't creep up more and more. I'd love to drop a few more, but I don't see that happening.

I am going to counseling with Bill mainly to prove to  him that we don't work. He was so jealous when he found out I was dating someone else, and drove me completely crazy. He was dating someone else, but kept telling me he liked her as a friend but was in love with me. I do love Bill and would like to be able to complete his fantasy that we can remain friends if we don't work as a couple. Remaining friends does not work because we are both jealous people so knowing  too much information about the other person's life does not work.

I

Feed, that is an accurate assessment (of the Water v fat v muscle loss) I believe that my sensitivity to that phrasing is due to hearing my Mother use it when I was growing up and already on diets (yeah...) and it was ALWAYS used in a deprecatory manner, as in, you get no credit for that because it is just water weight and you still aren't good enough...... but anyway!!

I am SO jealous of you sleevers out there who lose 5 lbs in the first week of strict 5:2ing, regardless of which diet I do - up to and including my original post op period - I lose a pound every other day, no matter what the EFF I do. So it takes me 10 days minimum to lose those 5 lbs. Grr. It has taken me NINE days to lose 4.4 lbs! Feeling very cranky about my sluggish body -.-

I think you are doing well, and should be proud of yourself. After doing 5:2 and the 5 day pouch test, I am down 3 pounds currently.... it has been really hard to get the old body to take it off and keep it off... its 3 pounds is good, but still way above my old bounce range...(14 pounds).... I really am not sure what it will take, but just keep ploding on, and trying to do the Protein first, increase my protein, drink enough water, eat more veggies to fill up after that.... lower the carbs, and the advice I have given others and myself for years now... WRITE it all down, good, bad, ugly.... use my fitbit, and try to keep it positive come what may. I think I must be producing a ton of cortisal... just feel like its coursing in my veins... stress and sad too much of the time... but did sort of see a bright spot today... a way to think that makes way for hope, and have been working on my art more than ususal, which is great! LIFE! what a bitc!-! and what a blessing!

Mine has nothing to do with temptation Denise, as I mentioned this is just my body, even post-op I was this way, even during my honeymoon of faithful 600 cals a day, I was this way - one pound every two days. No negotiation. :( I realize that we all share the same frustrations and angst, but it really is like salt in the wound when I hear someone bemoaning the low 140s or the 15 lbs bounce... In the last year I gained sixty three pounds. There, I said it. I am out of the regain closet. I hit my lowest post-op weight in April of last year, 159 lbs, and when I weighed myself on May 28th I weighed 223 lbs. That means I gained an average of 5 pounds a month for the last year or a pound and a quarter a week. I'm not trying to cry over spilt milk here FYI, just getting it off my chest in a safe place. Three days ago I weighed in at 219 and am currently plateauing. Unlike a noob I know that this just means that in a few days I will get on the scale and the number will suddenly be down several lbs.

I mentioned my goal a few posts ago, that I don't want to be THAT fat middle aged American woman, wheezing and sweating in wrinkled khaki shorts and sneakers with a FANNY PACK! this is a mild horror...

So, here I am, doing a severe 5:2 - 600 Mon thru Fri, 800 Sat Sun. At the rate my body chooses to lose, I can reasonably hope to get in the neighborhood of my best weight by the time we leave (1 OCT).

I am going to need the love and support of my peeps here, not for temptations but to keep up the good fight when the scale decides to be a stubborn ass.

Thank you for your honesty. This is a bloody hard road to hoe. I so feel for you. I admire your getting back on the drastic 600-800.. I couldn't do it myself... maybe twice a week... I feel like I could be where you are on the scale... it really seems so easy to gain, and so hard to lose. Best of luck to you my dear.

215.8 this morning, last night it was 219.6 and had been 219.6 for 4 days. I don't feel hunger, perhaps one of the only blessings I received from the surgery, while others lost faster or more my actual hunger has never come back. I get this weird kind of cramping in my stomach region that I think probably indicates the empty walls of my stomach smacking into each other, lol.

Yesterday I had a Protein Shake and a salad of sauteed greens, sardines, and avocado and for dessert a Protein doughnut made of coconut flour, chia, raw honey, etc.

8 pounds in ...14 days.

Florinda, you are doing great. I wish I was doing as good as you. See you could be my inspiration. Take care XX

Well, I got on the scale yesterday morning and it said 215.8. I got on the scale this morning and it said 219. W.T.F.!!!!!!!!!!!