Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your right Kim I forgot to include writing things down so using MFP is added to the plan.

OK troops! That long awaited "New Year" is upon us. Time to get back on the wagon and ride it to victory!!!! Again!!!!! (We know we can do it) :) I got up and wrote down all I plan to eat today, because I can't trust myself to "wing it" at this point (or hardly ever it seems). It is fast day. I balk, but know I need to start the new year right, or it could become just another of the same string of days out of control. I know I'm not alone. Good luck girls! You know what you have to do....

Okay, Kim, you are NOT alone; but, at family traveling and tomorrow is my birthday so I'm going to give myself til Monday and then hit it!

I have totally abandoned 5:2 pretty much except for a few good days earlier in December so I'm anticipating my body will be in revolt! Lol

Got to, though! Love my size 8 s and the 10s (and a few 12s) I'm wearing right now are not making me happy! ????. But besides all that I know, health wise, I need to be diligent. Too much work and sweat had gone into this process for me to sabotage myself now.

I hope all of you had great holidays and are having a good New Year! I've been "silent" but have tried to keep up with most of all of you. Life is quite hectic right now.

I've driven to and from Little Rock to New Orleans 3 times in the last week!! ????. We Spent Christmas here with my son and his family and left last Sunday taking my youngest Grand, Drew, home with us for a few days to spend with her cousins! She wanted to see snow. Of course, there was none! LOL. Turned around yesterday to drive her back and turn around drive home tomorrow! Whew!

Blessed to have had good days with family this year. There have been a few skirmishes and setbacks but don't we all have those if family is involved? ????????

Denise, I have been following your ordeal. I hope you are doing MUCH better now.

Kim, are you recovered front the flu?

Florida,??!! I'll just say I'm kinda jealous of 30 lbs in 12 days!

Sarah, sorry about your accident. Take very good care of yourself with TBI. Be very aware of any thing that seems different.

Cathy, I'm with you, Girl! I haven't stepped on the scales in a couple weeks. Scared to. I know that is NOT good but didn't want to. ????. I'm probably a good 12-15 pounds up from my lowest.

Coops, Dorrie, Sheila, Sheryl, Swizzly, Brown, Susan and Linda (I think I hit you all!). Miss talking to you all on a daily basis. My fault but I'm going to do better! ????

Let's reCoop (pun intended) and get this year headed in the right direction!!

Good to 'see' you Georgia!  Yes, I am with you as of next week.  More poundage due to grazing over Christmas... and it all has to go!  Bring on 5:2!

I have been thinking of the last year... starting this year at around the same weight which isn't good in my  head... but I realise that I have really slacked off with exercise.  I have become lazy and seriously lack motivation.  I have to get that back.  I know it won't 'melt' the fat away... but I want to feel strong again!

The flu is mostly gone... but may sneek into the lungs yet... a little cough now and then. Husbands looking sick now... hope its just sympathy! Good fast today, I feel confident I can finish it off under 550.

The husband made me exercise today!  My Dad has a good treadmill, so I did 30 mins walk/jog whilst Steve used the exercise bike.  God! I have lost my fitness...breathing was ok but the ole leg muscles were burning... at least I've made a start!

Yesterday I had a fast day and came in at 520 calories (I even logged the 4 nacho chips I pinched from my son while in the cinema). First thing this morning I got on my elliptical and did 2 miles, I was hoping for 3 but I am not fit so will have to aspire to that. So far so good.

Yey Cathy!  Good for you... Monday I focus on food.  I had NSV of sorts today... I had to baby sit for a friend (her dad is back in hospital) and on the way back they brought a McDonalds home - they offered me something as I hadn't eaten all day and I refused!  I then sat there whilst 5 of them devoured their Big Macs and shakes... and it didn't bother me one bit!  How cool am I?  lol

Ah our sisters from across the pond are leading the 2015 5:2 charge....woohoo!

I have had a lot happen last few weeks. Had an amazing new years eve special night out. It was one of those "this kind of magical night never happened when I was obese"

I am oddly in a weird mood. Well, I know why but not sure what to do.

I have discovered that once you get through the AWFUL detox and addiction withdrawals of a hard reset/cold turkey, our original teeny tummies come back. When I am good and eat clean I can get full after 3 or 4 normal sized bites of salad. The difficulty doesn't lie in the mechanics or logistics, but in the psychology, the head-hunger.

I am not sure Florinda, I feel there is a physical change. When riding the carb train, its like things don't work properly. When I am eating high Protein, drinking lots of Water etc I get full. Even so, I am not full after 3 bites of salad.< /p>

HI all,

I am with everyone getting on the band wagon to try to get back on program. I've been so sick, it's been hard. The anitbiotics I'm taking make me so nauseous, I have to take them with food. It seems toast or crackers settle my stomach. I have to take them 3 x per day and it's really hard. I have about a week and a half left on them.

So I tend to not eat meals and eat a bunch of toast or crackers all day long to keep from vomiting. the Zofran helps a lot, but I have to take that at least half an hour before the anitbiotic. Then the probiotic 2 hours after that.

I had the most horrible experience yesterday. These antibiotics cause massive diarrhea. I had gone out to lunch with a friends, and realized at my car that I would never make it home. I ran back inside the restaurant with it running down my legs. I could not hold it in and it was DISGUSTING! I tried to clean my pants in the bathroom and I finally decided to wear them inside out to my car. It was awful. I'm on Immodium and the Probiotics really do help if I time them right. I hadn't had an accident today and that's not something I can say every day!

I don't think my back will ever be the same and I am afraid I'm never going to be able to work out like I used to. I still can't walk straight. I feel like an old lady walking hunched over . I know physical therapy will help, once I am cleared after Dr. feels my body isn't over stressed from being septic.

I'm not anxious to go to the gym because I am still in pain, but I know I could work on my legs and thighs without hurting my back. baby steps.

I am at 144 so it's not as bad as I thought it would be but I really want to stay in the 130's. My clothes don't fit in the 140's

Sheryl, I hate it when Bill has one word to say about anything having to do with me eating. We had a huge fight tonight so maybe we're over again. I really don't care one way or the other.

HI all,

I am with everyone getting on the band wagon to try to get back on program. I've been so sick, it's been hard. The anitbiotics I'm taking make me so nauseous, I have to take them with food. It seems toast or crackers settle my stomach. I have to take them 3 x per day and it's really hard. I have about a week and a half left on them.

So I tend to not eat meals and eat a bunch of toast or crackers all day long to keep from vomiting. the Zofran  helps a lot, but I have to take that at least half an hour before the anitbiotic. Then the probiotic 2 hours after that.

I had the  most horrible experience yesterday. These antibiotics cause massive diarrhea. I  had gone out to lunch with a friends, and realized at my car that I would never make it home. I ran back inside the restaurant with it running down my legs. I could not  hold it in and it was DISGUSTING! I tried to clean my pants in the bathroom and I finally decided to wear them inside out to my car. It was awful. I'm on Immodium and the probiotics really do help if I time them right. I hadn't had an accident today and that's not something I can say every day!

I don't think my back will ever be the same and I am afraid I'm never going to be able to work out like I used to. I still can't walk straight. I feel like an old lady walking hunched over . I know physical therapy will help, once I am cleared after Dr. feels my body isn't over stressed from being septic.

I'm not anxious to go to the gym because I am still in pain, but I know I could work on my legs and thighs without hurting my back.    baby steps.

I am at 144 so it's not as bad as I thought it would be but I really want to stay in the 130's. My clothes don't fit in the 140's

Sheryl, I hate it when Bill has one word to say about anything having to do with me eating. We had a huge fight tonight so maybe we're over again. I really don't care one way or the other.

Oh girl! That sounds horrible! How embarising... Glad there is light at the end of the tunnel though... and do take your probiotics... your body will thank you in so many ways! I am fasting again tomorrow... really looking forward to it. I have been looking up some new recipes to get me in the mood.... She has some good ones.... just look up 5:2 as a search on her site.... heres one for pizza... http://www.lavenderandlovage.com/2013/07/low-calorie-cauliflower-crust-pizza-gluten-free-paleo-and-52-diet-pizza-recipe.html

Let me know how your cauliflower pizza turns out. I tried to make one once and it turned out terrible. The cauliflower turns really watery when you cook it and it's hard to squeeze the Water out. There was no way I could cut it into pieces. I had to eat it with a spoon. It tasted good though!

Thats what I figure, if it falls apart, it will still taste good!

I went out and bought a cauliflower tonight....

Edited by feedyoureye