Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Denise, I am a Department of the Army Civilian, with a rank-equivalency government rating of GS13, I am not a contractor. My program is run through TRADOC - Training and Doctrine for Dept of the Army. It is shadowy, vague, obfuscating, and made of straw. The fraud waste and abuse are shocking, as are the abuses against women. Women who speak up are quickly buried. I report in tomorrow, will let you guys know what happens.

Hi ladies. Sending prayers and requests for blessings for everyone.

Day 2, total 24 carbs!

Wow Wanda - yo go with those low carbs! Florinda, the job sounds soul crushing, I do not know how I would fare in such a situation - I think I am really deep into my menopause - period is all wacky, cant sleep, I am suuuuuper sensitive - please Lord don't let me get hot flashes - my mom never did so maybe I will luck out.

Hang in there - nothing is forever right? And you have great things in motion :)

My husband was so furious at the man in that Huff Po article - we were out for coffee this afternoon and he mentioned he just wants to beat him into a pulp lol. He is very sweet - I am very self-conscious of my melting skin issues - and he tells me how beautiful I am to him every day (and stalks me like some horny teenager lol) I guess I lucked out with him - I must have done something really great along the way to snag such a gem of a hubby.

I like your hubby chim.

So I am doing good avoiding horrible depression over Bettys brain tumor and all the horrors related to it ... at least so far. I chatted with my counselor who put it in a spiritual context that it doesn't seem fair but this is her "path" for this life. I thought about it...and she has never gotten over my sister, the love of her life. I have never gotten over losing my sister and best friend either. Maybe this sounds horrible but I felt peace thinking that they will be together again soon and that Betty will be relieved of the pain. Not just the pain of losing Linda but whatever has driven her to alcoholism. It is still horrible and sad but I can at least feel some sense of finding a bit of good in the nightmare.

Sarah, I can't wait to find out where you live and how far you are from Chicago!

Do you think you will be well enough to travel?

Sarah, I can't wait to find out where you live and how far you are from Chicago! Do you think you will be well enough to travel?

I'm in WI about 1.5 hours away. My husbands parents live outside of Chicago so we are there a lot. I think we should be able to work something out in the 10 days you'll be there! I'll send you a pm with my cell number. Do you text?

What are the exact dates you will be there?

I'm going to try driving today. Will you have a car to use?

Florinda, what terrible news!!! I'll be thinking about you. Update when you get a chance and let us know how you are. I hope they won't be treating you bad, this just doesn't seem right. How can they get away with all of this?

Sheryl, I'm sorry you are hurting. Hugs to you.

Kelly, the article you posted was beautiful. I'm so thankful I had a husband that loved me no matter what I looked like. I was skinny when we married, got fat, and now I'm skinny again. Never once has he said a mean thing to me about how I looked. He has always been supportive and has loved me through thick and thin...literally! So thankful for the good men out there!

Hope you can find some less stressful work. It sounds like that's just what you need!

Wanda!!!!! You go girl! Great job on the carbs! One step at a time to figure out what works for you.

Anyone keeping up with the crazy thread going on in the Mexico section?? Whoa, if you're bored and looking for an "interesting" read head over there!

Whoa, that article blew my mind... such respect for the lady that wrote it and such disgust at the man who thought he could speak such utter shi*t! I have a many lessons to learn from the writer - thank you for sharing!

Florinda, I agree with the others; what a soul destroying position, again, for you to endure! Cwtches to you x

Sheryl, sounds like you are really dealing with negative news in a good way... good on you m'love!

Chimera, wow - your world of education sounds rubbish... the red tape in my job is a pain in the arse too but at the moment I can tolerate it... although I totally get what you mean when you say you would like a job that starts and ends in work.

All other strugglers... yep! We are certainly in this together, for the long haul. I am glad that we are together too cos otherwise I think I would go mad!

It had been really manic here over the last couple of weeks... my daughter had her school prom a week or so ago ... I managed to take some time off work and was her 'slave' for a couple of days; I did her hair and make up. I offered to take her to a salon for a spray tan, nails, make up and hair but she was adamant that she wanted me to do it. When I asked why she didn't want to go she said: 'Mam, I want to look like ME only better and you can do that. I don't want to look false.' What a girl! i was soooo proud that she wouldn't conform and just be herself, and my, she looked beautiful too. I will get some pics for you!

The we had our school prom and that was emosh too... I love seeing all the pupils transform to young adults and say our final goodbyes as pupils and teachers. I had a beautiful bunch of flowers from my form group.

And this week is just a crazy - our last week in work before we break for the summer holidays - lots of things happening in school, trip and activity days etc...5:2 isn't going to happen this week; low cal yes, 500 cals no! I said to my daughter: 'Not going to get a fast day in this week love... my diet is slipping!' her reply shocked me. She simply said: 'Mam, why are you worrying. You never cheat on your diet; your will power and determination are so strong! Give yourself a break and enjoy some treats 'cos you don't eat them often... Dad will always nibble on biscuits but you don't! Stop worrying.'

I was a little overwhelmed by this... there is me thinking that I am a pathetic failure when really I am not - she can be so mature at times - fancy, a 'chat' off my daughter, who'd pf thunked it...lol. I have taken her advise and I am running with it. Monday is my next fast day. We are going out for our end of term bash on Friday, a good day on the ole cider... lots of drinking, dancing and laughing... my kinda night!

Today is our wedding anniversary... we have been married 20 years! I feel so very proud of this achievement and so blessed that I have a man who I love and who loves me for me - we are both perfectly imperfect! He sent me a bunch of 20 red roses, one for each year...when the landed in work, I really didn't think they were for me! He's never done this before!

my beautiful girl!

post-107967-0-88473200-1405544484_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-47669200-1405544490_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-88537600-1405544493_thumb.jpg

roses? for me... happy anniversary!

post-107967-0-66281200-1405544525_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-76222300-1405544531_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-25629600-1405544536_thumb.jpg

is this why I weigh heavier than I look?

post-107967-0-03494500-1405544699_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-73198700-1405544764_thumb.jpg

Can't find any of my school's prom photos... I'll upload them to the puter and add later!

my beautiful girl! roses? for me... happy anniversary! is this why I weigh heavier than I look? Can't find any of my school's prom photos... I'll upload them to the puter and add later!

Sue. She looks absolutely beautiful! Her dress is so pretty, I love it!

Oh. My. Goodness. I would die for your legs and butt!!!! Seriously, you could model those legs. Amazing! How in the world did you get muscles like that in your calves?

sue your daughter's dress is just gorgeous! She looked stunning! She sounds like such a wonderful daughter. Happy anniversary. Your husband sounds like a gem.

Sarah, yes, I text. In fact I just got a new phone. I won't have a car. I'll have to take the subway or something downtown. Unless you want to drive over to the North side of Chicago near where he lives. I'm going to rent a car and stay in a motel one day to go to see my childhood friend. I'll be there from the 21st and I leave on the 30th. I get there this Sunday night.

I went over to the Mexico forum and there were a lot of theads. What is the name of the thread you're talking about?

Edited by Oregondaisy

Coops, that dress of your daughters is just stunning and she's a stunner in it! She looks very "Lady Mary" in it, (all my Downton Abbey nerds will get it!) I would love to have seen the back, was it low?

Today was a bad day. Betrayal and disappointment. My ex boyfriend, who I thought was now a dear friend, betrayed me when he sent me a text this morning, rescinding his invitation to stay at the apartment he shares with a (mutual) friend. He was doing so at the behest of his girlfriend. He once told me, when I wondered if we would be allowed to stay friends, that any relationship that required him to dump his friends wasn't the kind of relationship he wanted to be in, yet, here we are... So, in my hour of need, he shows a dearth of integrity.

Then, I am on the phone with current boyfriend, telling him about this and about the awfulness of work (more on that in a minute) and all I need is some comfort, some sympathy, some tenderness, and he has nothing. Nothing, nada, zip. Total silence. So silent I asked a few times, "are you there?" It was disappointment on top of heartbreak for me. As for the job .... I am so mentally and physically wrung out from repeating the story of their malfeasances to various offices today, that I just can't do it again. Suffice it to say that they are trying to grind me between the proverbial rock and hard place and for the 8 years this program has existed, they have always gotten away with treating the female employees like shi*t while giving each other every little boost and perk they can. On the scale of bad days, it's a Brazil meets Julius Caesar V_V...

Denise, I'm going to pm you when I get on my laptop later. I can't figure out how to get it to work on my phone.

Wait I think I may have got it to work. Check your pm's.