Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Florinda, where are you?

Next to log out, there is a little box. there's where my notifications to threads show up when I click that box. I also use content I follow as well.

Did I miss something? Did you and your bf have a fight?

I've managed to take off 4 of the 5 lbs I gained in Chicago. It's very depressing that if I eat one goodie, I gain weight. If I want to stay around 137 I have to eat 3 small meals of Protein and veggies and one small snack. Any variation from that, and it's a gain. Today Bill wants to go to the movies. I know if I eat popcorn, I'll gain. I know it's termporary, but it still makes me feel like I am losing ground.

Edited by Oregondaisy

You know Denise it is frustrating but I wonder if you are maintaining a few pounds lower than your body wants to be at? I bounce up a few pounds every weekend...probably from the wine...Haha....and I drop back to 140-142 by middle of the week without alot of angst. I don't like fried or junk food, bread and wine are my"gotchas"... but I eat at restaurants a couple times a week and am still NOT doing formal exercise (just horses and dancing) so I believe my body is happy here. I suspect if I tried to maintain at say 135 I would experience the same frustration you are...and is 5# worth it? Just something to think about. Having said that, when summer ends I am going to return to strength training which may drive my weight up a few.

Sarah, how is the recovery going? Loving you hot bod???

I had so much fun at my 1980 theme dance last night. What a hoot! I got alot of compliments on my "look" - I did the leather pants rocker chick thing.

My niece's funeral was yesterday. She was40, her sister is 37. The surviving sister looks terrible...I was shocked. I swear she looks older than me. I think she is a chain smoking druggie..not sure. The one who passed had gotten super obese. I hadn't seen her in over a year and I was shocked by the photos. I thank God everyday for my second chance at life since the sleeve.

I am going to take a few private dance lessons..I prepaid for them awhile ago...just to learn basic 2 step etc. Then this fall I will take a dance group class. Right now I am back to riding like 5 days a week and loving summer so won't commit to a class till the winter rains return.

Florinda, have you heard from him yet?

Kim, how are you doing? Been thinking about you.

Sheryl, sounds like a fun time. I'm glad you're going out and enjoying yourself with everything else going on.

I'm doing well with my recovery. On Tuesday I'll be 5 weeks out. Once I hit six weeks I won't have any restrictions. I'll be able to slowly start working out again. I can't wait. My doctor said to listen to my body and go slow and my body will let me know if I'm doing too much.

I have had some swelling in my pubic (mons) area. I had to go in and have the Fluid removed and it looks like I'll have to call tomorrow and go in again since there is more fluid. It's not a lot of fluid but enough for the doctor to pull out this huge needle and remove the fluid. It doesn't hurt because the area and the nerve endings are all numb. It's just the fact that a huge needle is being poked in a sensitive area that is hard to deal with!!

Here's a pic I took of myself this morning. Ignore the bathroom part of the pic. Lol

post-112250-0-43388800-1407116378_thumb.jpg

U are a beauty!

Sar - you are looking great! Just be careful when you start working out again - it was tough for me. And the doc is right, listen you your body. Good luck!

Well, I'm nearly all packed and ready for my holiday - we'll be leaving soon and I am starting to look forward to two weeks of reading in the sun! never been to the Algarve before, but I've heard loads of good reports about it. Not sure if there is wi fi - some sites say yes, some no so I will play it by ear and if I can get on to give an update I will. If not, you all take care of yourselves... be nice to yourselves!

See you soon ... x

Coops all the villas we have had there have WiFi (you might have to pay) but it is much slower than UK. Also there are plenty of Cafes with it so you can have a good excuse to pop out for a coffee. Enjoy your holiday, have a good rest, read lots of trashy books and spend quality time with the family.

My Sunday!

post-122684-0-12666400-1407161950_thumb.png

[ATTACH]47024[/ATTACH]

post-122684-0-08304700-1407161967_thumb.png

[ATTACH]47025[/ATTACH]

Boy I am flipping out about my weight. I was 142 today up 2 more lbs. I thought I did pretty well yesterday. That's why I am upset. I am definitely going to the gym to day and going to try to do 5:2 .  It's going to be really hard to fast now that I have Bill in my life.

I feel exactly like I did before I did 5:2. Helpless.  I try to stay on track, but I keep gaining. I need to basically stop eating, and get those fast days in. Trying to eat right doesn't work. I have to do the fast part of 5:2 to lose.

Sheryl, I could be happy at 140 .The problem is I know I won't stay there. I'll just keep gaining. I am only 5'2" . I need to stay between 135-140

Stay calm. food and weight does not deserve the emotional attachment we give it. You can do this ...you've had a very small regain just like normal people do. You know as well as I do that one day of eating right doesn't always show up as a loss. In this for long haul. ...

Boy I am flipping out about my weight. I was 142 today up 2 more lbs. I thought I did pretty well yesterday. That's why I am upset. I am definitely going to the gym to day and going to try to do 5:2 . It's going to be really hard to fast now that I have Bill in my life.

I feel exactly like I did before I did 5:2. Helpless. I try to stay on track, but I keep gaining. I need to basically stop eating, and get those fast days in. Trying to eat right doesn't work. I have to do the fast part of 5:2 to lose.

Sheryl, I could be happy at 140 .The problem is I know I won't stay there. I'll just keep gaining. I am only 5'2" . I need to stay between 135-140

yesterday I ate a baguette and some yogurt. Today I ate a Protein Shake (milk), coffee, an almond snickers, a bag of pretzel M&Ms. I had to actively stop myself from sticking a finger down my throat and bringing up that candy.< /p>

I know what you mean, Florinda . I hate to say it, but I have stuck my finger down my throat when I have overidulged and was so uncomfortable, I felt like my sleeve was going to burst. I've learned to not push my limits.

Guys, I have a dilemma. I met someone tonight. Tues. is my night to go out with my friends, to this One Bar where we all go dancing. I told Bill when we first met I was not going to give this up. Tonight i met someone. I have this distant memory of this guy. I knew he was a fireman. I remember talking him on the phone, years ago. I don't remember why we stopped seeing each other.

tonight, he asked me to dance and we had so much fun. He gave me his phone number and email address, and I told him I had a bf . He had asked me to go to this local dance that's coming up. I want to see him again, and find out more about him.

Uh-oh

I think you should make the decision about bill, is it a good relationship you want to continue? because the other guy might turn into nothing. ..

yesterday I ate a Protein Shake (water) and an entire baguette with some european salted butter and 2 slices of lunch meat.< /p>

if I do not talk first, we will sit in silence all day. If I do not reach out, I do not get touched. this is the situation with my boyfriend. Being far away from each other, it confuses me that he is not staying in touch with me, communicating with me. When we are with each other in person, he never wants to have sex, even uses the old I have a headache excuse! and if I ever ask for something or suggest something or have a GD opinion on something during sex, he acts aggrieved and put upon. help.

Florinda, I can't really give advice about your BF because I don't have the larger context. Is he working since moving to Seattle? What I do know about men is that they are crappy crappy crappy partners unless they have their own centers, their own strength and their own "world" where they feel valued and respected and all that stuff. We live in these modern times and yet our gender specific traits still remain - men need to feel ... well not in charge maybe, but they need to feel strong and as respected leaders.

You haven't known him very long, he moved to Seattle with you (not sure that was his plan already or if he did it for you) and then due to your circumstances you had to leave right away. Men do NOT tolerate crap that women often do and he might be feeling a bit put out. Some men seem to lack the communication gene so they won't or can't even admit that they are pissed or put out by something.

I guess my other thought is you have only known each other a few months and in my experience guys NEVER get better ... just worse over time. Is this guy really the one? If he is cold, distant and not dying to make love you to often right now - heaven help you 5 years from now. Just saying.