Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your family is lovely and you and your daughter look alike. you could be sisters!! :). Skinny thing, you!

It's funny you say that about being sisters. While she was here last weekend we had three different people that didn't know us refer to us as sisters! I guess losing all the weight took a bunch if years off of me. I don't know how much she liked me being called her sister but I was happy about it!

Sar - I could use some positive escapism, bring on the full body shots and fashion show!

I agree Georgia, I really hate platitudes.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with a neuro-psychologist who will be evaluating my neurological state/standing/health.

Sar - I saw a powerful upworthy video a few weeks ago, in fact I may even have posted a link here, about how pain or sorrow are what they are, there is no more or less than, we must stop competing for greater pain, suffering is suffering so do not feel that you cannot speak of your own stresses just because my life resembles the Hindenburg in Technicolor.

I will write more later...but I am fine. Betty is pain free and having a peaceful passing. I have seen he'll on earth..and as a way to die, hers ain't so bad

My GAWD, everyone is going through so much. ! Florinda, I am so sorry I didn't say Happy birthday yesterday. With all that you have had to go through, I am surprised you are as sane as you are. I am sure i'd be in some mental ward by now, heavily sedated!

Bill is driving me insane. Everyone tells me to block him, but I hate to make this any more difficult than I already have for him. I answered his email and then he wrote back a really hateful email. So I called him and left a voice message and told him not to email me anymore or text me because no matter how I answer him, all I do is continue to hurt him worse.

I've seen Jim a few times, and he is very nice and we have way  more in common. It's just that we won't be able to do  much, because he's so broke and can barely pay his bills. He never worked a job in his life that has a pension and his social security does not  pay his bills.

Sarah, I really wish we could have gotten together while i was there. I really think it was too soon after your surgery to drive that far, but next time! I love your picture!

Sheryl, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. It's always so sad when someone dies young. I had a bf die of stomach cancer at 50. It was awful. Hope things are going well with Theo!

Kim, I hope you have some peaceful days ahead.

I've lost a few lbs over this break up, so I'm happy about that at least.

Wow, incredible pictures Sarah! Lovely family.

Denise do not write back or respond...it sends mixed signals.just by responding you give him something to grab hold of. He really seems needy.post-122684-0-67729100-1408371042_thumb.jpg post-122684-0-67729100-1408371042_thumb.jpg post-122684-0-67729100-1408371042_thumb.jpg post-122684-0-72335200-1408371086_thumb.jpg post-122684-0-67729100-1408371042_thumb.jpg post-122684-0-72335200-1408371086_thumb.jpg

Sorry my pics were messed up. Posting from my phone or kindle and it just kept saying it was failing... argg.

Okay, anybody looking for a little drama for entertainment? You really miss the whole story though if you don't get the nasty private messages from the OP. she apparently has ripped pretty much everyone a new one if they don't fall in line with her... or dare challenge her in anyway. What a weirdo, but an entertaining one. I admit my original post was short and perhaps a bit terse but you would have thought i had murdered someone from the tone of the PM she sent me.

And, I bite my tongue and don't ask the obvious question -- you had WLS and you only have 50# to lose? Do you have any idea the long term risk you have just taken on woman?

http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/questions-and-answers-for-those-considering-a-gastric-sleeve/51229-why-such-high-goal-weights-2.html#post463038

So, I have been having too much fun lately... scale popped up 5# this morning. oops. Time to buckle down a bit. And stop going to soo many wine events. :) I have one more on Thursday.... argghhh

Just had my neuro-psych eval, will find out the results next week. It was a bit unsettling, how incompetent I turned out to be in some of the tests...

11 days to go

Hi guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say hello! That is a great post on the other forum Sheryl - some great wisdom there - did I see that right she hasn't even had her surgery yet as well as having a very low starting weight/BMI. I am sure she must be very punishing to herself if she feels the need to ask about the 'high' bmi goals.

Hell back in the day I could probably lose the entire amount she needs to lose by doing Atkins induction for two weeks lol. We all have very different experiences - I love what you said about the shame those of us who have been super morbidly obese go through - people who have never lived in our society have little idea of what a burden it can be on a daily basis - one of the biggest changes for me since losing enough weight to be in more of a overweight/lvl 1 obese category is that I actually make eye contact with people in stores, or on the street now. It was often painful to do so before - the look we all know so well.

It feels good to be both visible, and yet relief at becoming more invisible in a way :)

Happy belated birthday Florinda, so many good friends have had birthdays this weekend. I am sorry about your dumb bf - he doesn't deserve you.

The fall has got to get better! All these health woes and man troubles - its mainly money troubles round these parts - have an interview this week for a new teaching gig that will hopefully turn out to be something great - I will keep you guys posted.

Hi guys,

I'm home from a fab holiday and we had a thoroughly great time. I really didn't want to come back to reality and leave paradise that was Portugal. I am pleased to say that I did myself proud whilst away... I wore my bikini and held my head high- completely perfectly imperfect if that makes sense. Although I was far from the smallest, I defo wasn't the biggest and that felt good.

I took the time away from the scales to do some really inward thinking...I have decided that I have to stop being so cruel to myself - putting myself down because I haven't made goal or got a normal BMI; that despite my hardest endeavours I can't lose the final weight, and that I've fallen at the last hurdle. Instead I have realised that I have come so far, not only physically but mentally as well. I am much stronger in body and mind and it is starting to feel good.

This doesn't mean I will give up on goal. I think you all know me well enough by now to know that I am not a quitter... but what I have realised is that if I never lose another pound it is 'ok'.

So I will continue to do my 5:2 - didn't manage a good fast whilst away but I did a few 16:8 instead - and I will continue with Curves. I must now focus on my time management when I go back to work and get back to the boxing gym. Steve has also said that we should go swimming more, as I loved it on holiday and did my daily laps!

I will post some pics when I've uploaded them.

It took me ages to read through all the posts; what some tough times we are having... I'm sending you all bug welsh cwtches and wishing I could do more. On the subject of new relationships I really don't feel that I can give any good words of wisdom. I have been very lucky to be married to a man who is not only my husband by name but my real soul mate and best friend. He still makes my heart flutter 21 years later on. All I can say is that I just knew he was the one I wanted to spend my life with and I have been luckily enough to have that feeling returned.

What I will say is that this life is too short to have second best - and what works for one won't work with another.... there has to be respect on both sides of a relationship for it to be happy and have longevity.

Kim I was thinking about you when I was away...

Betty passed last night. I am sad, but glad it is over. There is both so much to say and absolutely nothing to say.

Kelly, I think you are right, that woman must be quite a wreck if she sees herself as "gross" and she isn't even obese weight, but overweight. Would you have WLS if you had 50# to lose? According to her, she is doing it for looks, not health issues so I actually question the ethics as well as her mental health but I tactfully avoided saying that. We jump up and down for joy at the transformation the sleeve has allowed us - but who are we kidding? This is serious business! You can develop deficiencies, uncontrolled reflux, aneroexia, there are alot of possible complications from having most of your stomach removed! Very reasonable risks for someone like me was literally dying of obesity, but I have very mixed feelings about this drastic surgery for people who need to lose 30-50# and I have stumbled across a few of them in my forum travels lately. It isn't my business, so I keep my mouth shut, but I don't think it is smart frankly.

What shocked me was the private message she sent me was probably the nastiness message I have ever received. She sent it in response to my initial post which frankly wasn't that mean or controversial of a post - I just asked her why she cared. Other kinder people took the time to explain to her that when you weigh 400#, 187 looks pretty damn good - too bad it doesn't fit with YOUR ideals of success lady. I decided she is nuts so just ignored the message to me which drove her crazy and prompted her to challenge me again in the thread. I discussed with Ann (she posts here and there) if it was worth responding to and we decided that for the newbies reading, it was worth the bother. I think we all know that you really shouldn't argue with crazy people...haha

Coops, I am so glad you had a marvelous vacation. I loved your descriptions!

New relationships - well, for me that isn't the core of the issue. The core of the issue is what do I want out of the next phase of my life? If I wasn't still so interested in sex and physical intimacy I think I would likely opt for the "perma single" route. Theo is a fun person to be with, I love that we go out and DO things and we seem to have some common interests. He is super smart, great sense of humor, friendly and outgoing, loves horses, well traveled, great conversationalist and a great kisser. Coops, he also drives a mini cooper - his is that dark green! What I have noticed however is that he changes when we are alone, back at his house. He becomes a bit darker, more introspective. I have this vague question in my mind if he is suffering from some mild depression. I am proceeding slowly because men are alot more complex then I remember them being - HA! We haven't jumped into a sexual relationship yet, and I think we are both trying to figure out if we will be compatible beyond the great fun we have when we are out and about. Sadly, life isn't all about wine tastings, hikes and horse back riding!

I am over eating lately, dammit. Hope everyone is doing okay/better....

My thoughts are with you Sheryl, sorry to hear about Betty's passing, but like you said, she is no at peace and it is over for those who were watching her suffer. x

Sheryl, I'm so sorry for the loss of Betty. Hugs.

Sheryl, be careful of the sexual impulse when grieving, I discovered that during moments of grief and trauma I become hypersexual and that is not healthy...

holiday gain - 2lbs!  Just above my high bounce! hey ho!  I am gonna take a rest from worrying about food until I go back to work and then I'll be back to the 5:2 properly.  Not stressing over this - as Georgina would say; 'it to shall pass'!

As I am writing I notice there is a 'guest' reading this (bottom  left of my screen) - is that possible?